Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Relax, kick those feet up. Enjoy a few laughs and take it easy.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Unread postby Yurtles » 27 Mar 12, 6:01 pm

Just found out the previous owner of the house my brother recently bought had to sell up and move out because she was so fat she kept falling over and was unable to get back up again. They had to keep calling the ambo's to do it because the retired neighbours were also unable to get her on her feet. A little bit funny, but also really not :?
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.
Yurtles

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Disco LT » 27 Mar 12, 6:09 pm

I used to work in the Triple Zero Ambulance Call Centre taking 000 calls, you'd be surprised how many calls come in like that.. the NSW Ambulance Service actually has a small fleet of.. Rental Truck ambulances, originally designed to be able to carry an ICU on wheels with a whole team, but now they are mostly used to transport people too fat to be in a regular ambulance, or air ambulance.
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Sathias » 27 Mar 12, 6:16 pm

Yurtles wrote:Just found out the previous owner of the house my brother recently bought had to sell up and move out because she was so fat she kept falling over and was unable to get back up again. They had to keep calling the ambo's to do it because the retired neighbours were also unable to get her on her feet. A little bit funny, but also really not :?

I used to live in a council estate in England and one day I had a knock on the door by an old lady who was obviously senile or had alzheimers. She was in a bit of a state and kept saying "there's a man on the floor!" and grabbed my arm to make me come with her. I followed her thinking there was an intruder in her house, getting amped up to help her with god knows what, when I got there there was an old dude who had fallen over and couldn't get up and had pissed himself. Only way they could get help was the woman who was of a similar state of disability mentally, instead of physically. I helped him up and got him settled in the lounge but he was pretty shaken up. I helped them out whenever they needed but it was obvious they were too poor to have any regular help, was quite a sad situation.

The fact that people get so fat that they get into a similar state of helplessness is quite disturbing :?

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Robert Anton Wilson
Sathias

Not allowed to leave

Unread postby Anon. E. Moose » 27 Mar 12, 6:26 pm

Spending my mid semester break in Coffs Harbour. This is the furthest north I've actually ever travelled, before this it was Scotts Head. I'm not very well travelled. :razz:
Steam: Shpleboy
Minecraft: LogicalHero
Origin: LogicalHero
Has a significantly better avatar than lee.
Anon. E. Moose

Unread postby Matty » 27 Mar 12, 7:42 pm

Thank you Just Cause 2 for showing me that negative mouse acceleration is a thing and not giving me any way to stop it. Last game I buy from you Avalanche Studios.
Homercles care not for beans.
Matty

Forum Bot

Unread postby Ralph Wiggum » 27 Mar 12, 10:52 pm

Each year I keep entering this $100 raffle despite saying to myself I'd never buy another ticket because I never win anything...
Ralph Wiggum

Unread postby =beast= » 27 Mar 12, 11:21 pm

3 hour later....iv rendered 12 seconds
makin new sig. brb
=beast=

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Marius » 28 Mar 12, 12:41 am

Went to heat some water on the stove, but forgot to put the water in. End result: one destroyed saucepan.

The glass lid shattered when I tried to use water to cool it down...
Marius

Needs more Cleric

Unread postby MuscularTeeth » 28 Mar 12, 9:19 am

=beast= wrote:3 hour later....iv rendered 12 seconds

whatcha making?
what program are you using to render stuff?
MUSCULARTEETH - Many things, mostly to do with Art.
MuscularTeeth

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby cyclobs » 28 Mar 12, 9:32 am

thinking of getting more effects pedals. got the boss DD-7 (dig delay - newer version) and a boss flanger this week. already got crybaby and chorus :D

also thinking of getting a temlo and pitch shifter, they sound pretty cool
cyclobs

Unread postby =beast= » 28 Mar 12, 9:41 am

MuscularTeeth wrote:

whatcha making?

i work mostly with maya and after effects. this specific render was in after effects. Just playing around with the camera and lighting options in AE, specifically soft shadows and depth of field. http://vimeo.com/39270503

built that out of flat .jpgs, theres no actaul 3D used
makin new sig. brb
=beast=

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Drakand » 28 Mar 12, 10:35 am

Marius wrote:Went to heat some water on the stove, but forgot to put the water in. End result: one destroyed saucepan.

The glass lid shattered when I tried to use water to cool it down...

bad luck, i've done that. The other night, cooking a roast in oven with potatoes, put it in high for 30mins then go turn it down...open up to check on it.....FML i forgot to turn on the oven :(
Drakand

Unread postby MuscularTeeth » 28 Mar 12, 10:50 am

=beast= wrote:
MuscularTeeth wrote:

whatcha making?

i work mostly with maya and after effects. this specific render was in after effects. Just playing around with the camera and lighting options in AE, specifically soft shadows and depth of field. http://vimeo.com/39270503

built that out of flat .jpgs, theres no actaul 3D used

looks great mate!
MUSCULARTEETH - Many things, mostly to do with Art.
MuscularTeeth

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Disco LT » 28 Mar 12, 11:25 am

Anon. E. Moose wrote:Spending my mid semester break in Coffs Harbour. This is the furthest north I've actually ever travelled, before this it was Scotts Head. I'm not very well travelled. :razz:

Coffs isn't a bad spot, I prefer Nambucca Heads or Yamba though.

Also: Just started rewatching SG1 for the first time since it was aired on tv back in the day, and was shocked to see a guy using an AA12 in the very first episode :D
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Drakand » 28 Mar 12, 1:28 pm

Disco LT wrote:
Anon. E. Moose wrote:Spending my mid semester break in Coffs Harbour. This is the furthest north I've actually ever travelled, before this it was Scotts Head. I'm not very well travelled. :razz:

Coffs isn't a bad spot, I prefer Nambucca Heads or Yamba though.

Also: Just started rewatching SG1 for the first time since it was aired on tv back in the day, and was shocked to see a guy using an AA12 in the very first episode :D

just finished watching that recently, love that show. Have now watched that, atlantis, all films and i'm currently finishing up s2 of Universe....which is completely different to the other Stargate bits and pieces but is still awesome!
Drakand

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler