Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Relax, kick those feet up. Enjoy a few laughs and take it easy.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Unread postby Disco LT » 12 Feb 13, 1:01 pm

Artful-dodgeR wrote:Damn Disco, even our entry level casual pool get $45k :-/

Hell, my last job (entry level tech support) was $60k. Mind you, we're in very different areas, that's a massive draw back of living country vs city.

Mm it's a lot to do with the company, they had to lift us about the legal minimum wage then refused to give us a pay increase as part of the EBA so we are literally bottom of the barrel when it comes to money - 34k + shift penalties wouldn't be too bad but it's a lot lower than the national average wage thats for sure. Like I said my base rate is under $20 an hour :lol: I have friends who work graveyard shifts in petrol stations 3-4 nights a week that earn more than me.

When I left the ambo's I was on about the $80k mark, so this is a real kick in the teeth. We do alright, but we want to have a baby, we want to upgrade to an actual house and in reality, this piss poor wage and company just wont cut it, no chace of promotion, no ability to know the roster more than a week or two in advance, shifts change day to day so I rarely ever work more than one day starting and finishing at the same time.. and this week I have Thursday and Sunday off. Great :D

Edited to add: It's still miles better than being unemployed!!
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 12 Feb 13, 1:25 pm

I've been dumped once in my life. By someone who chose her horse riding career over me.

...I was 16 at the time...

...And she gave up horse riding that year...

That's her now! Damn her for meeting DJ Lance from Yo Gabba Gabba, damn her to hell!

She's the most... actually the only pseudo-famous person I've dated.
wow
so signatur
such post
BBCode ON
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Disco LT » 12 Feb 13, 1:28 pm

lordkabab wrote:Haha, I was dumped via facebook. Not publicly, but still.

**** be crazy.

Sorry to hear it dude.. had a girl break up with my one by a carrier pidgeon.

>.> jk

I'm guilty of breaking up with someone.. via email once when I was a teen, felt bad about it too.
Disco LT

Unread postby Katamara » 12 Feb 13, 1:58 pm

I wonder if that guy from last night thinks I dumped him by blocker app? :P

I ended up cancelling on him when he called but didn't get into details beyond, I'm not coming tonight please don't contact me again. I just didn't want to talk to him. He has called three times this morning (according to my blocker app).

I have learnt though, friendship might be something I give so easily (and I'm not going to change that) but that doesn't mean I need to be friends with everyone. Next time I run into someone like him, I'm just going to say leave me along from the start. Oh, and trust my instincts.

I'm not sure if I should log into Facebook and remove him there or keep my no-social-networking-for-a-few-days and fear returning to a huge amount of messages. Maybe I should get a friend to log in and do it for me?
Katamara

Padawan

Unread postby Disco LT » 12 Feb 13, 2:09 pm

I'd say remove him from your life completely, leaving him on Facebook could send mixed signals. I'm no expert though! Check your PM's too Kat!
Disco LT

Unread postby MrSparklez » 12 Feb 13, 2:22 pm

All hail breakups! I had a relationship fail just recently, its nice when they start posting photos in Facebook of them with another guy and their kissing. I have no faith in relationships anymore, made the decision to become my towns George Clooney.
i5-2500 | 8GB RAM | SLI Titans | x3 27" Displays | 3TB
AWG | http://www.ashwilliamsgaming.com
MrSparklez

Player

Unread postby Katamara » 12 Feb 13, 2:31 pm

You should check yours! :P

I took a deep breath, made a cup of tea and logged into Facebook. He is now removed :)

I did also score chocolate! IT sent out this silly email and at the bottom it had the Fibonacci Sequence with a missing number. I embarrassing didn't realise it was the Fibonacci Sequence but instead noticed the pattern straight away and replied with the missing number. Because I was first, I won a block of chocolate!

I picked the milky way with cookie and cream one. I took a row and left the rest in the kitchen for my colleagues. It wasn't as nice as I thought.
Katamara

Padawan

Unread postby Ashigaru » 12 Feb 13, 2:47 pm

If I find the prick who keeps f**king with my code I am going to tear them a new one. It's in production you wanker, STOP **** TOUCHING IT>!>!MR>NFM>!FN<@NFKJBKJSDVB :evil:
Ashigaru

Story Teller

Unread postby Disco LT » 12 Feb 13, 2:53 pm

Katamara wrote:You should check yours! :P

I took a deep breath, made a cup of tea and logged into Facebook. He is now removed :)

I did also score chocolate! IT sent out this silly email and at the bottom it had the Fibonacci Sequence with a missing number. I embarrassing didn't realise it was the Fibonacci Sequence but instead noticed the pattern straight away and replied with the missing number. Because I was first, I won a block of chocolate!

I picked the milky way with cookie and cream one. I took a row and left the rest in the kitchen for my colleagues. It wasn't as nice as I thought.

Weird, it was marked as read even though I hadn't seen it? Very strange!@

I'm obsessed with the Cadbury Creations one with hte jelly and popping stuff in it.. mmm.

Also.. I can't believe I actually know what a Fibonacci number is, thank you Matthew Reilly!
Disco LT

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 12 Feb 13, 2:57 pm

Ashigaru wrote:If I find the prick who keeps f**king with my code I am going to tear them a new one. It's in production you wanker, STOP **** TOUCHING IT>!>!MR>NFM>!FN<@NFKJBKJSDVB :evil:

If we **** with production code we'd be fired on the spot. It's just something you don't do.
wow
so signatur
such post
BBCode ON
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Ashigaru » 12 Feb 13, 3:02 pm

Yeah, we can't track it down because they've used a generic login. ****...
Ashigaru

Story Teller

Unread postby Disco LT » 12 Feb 13, 3:04 pm

Ashigaru wrote:Yeah, we can't track it down because they've used a generic login. ****...

Solution, remove generic logins!
Disco LT

Unread postby Ashigaru » 12 Feb 13, 3:10 pm

I'm not an IT manager, sadly I don't have the ability to do that.
Ashigaru

Story Teller

Unread postby Disco LT » 12 Feb 13, 3:12 pm

Ashigaru wrote:I'm not an IT manager, sadly I don't have the ability to do that.

Generally in my experiences managers do little more than let **** roll downhill and take credit for things when they go right. All credit, no responsibility. Dicks.

Apparently I can use my WDTV Live to connect to Netflix .. if I get my WD TV Live to connect to the US with a Proxy .. but I'm not really sure how to do that. It all seems too hard.
Disco LT

Unread postby Katamara » 12 Feb 13, 3:39 pm

Disco LT wrote:
Ashigaru wrote:I'm not an IT manager, sadly I don't have the ability to do that.

Generally in my experiences managers do little more than let **** roll downhill and take credit for things when they go right. All credit, no responsibility. Dicks.

Apparently I can use my WDTV Live to connect to Netflix .. if I get my WD TV Live to connect to the US with a Proxy .. but I'm not really sure how to do that. It all seems too hard.

Yeah, I was talking to my ex about managers on the way to the Settlement agent (the last time we have to attend anything together!) because our work recently had both our branch and sales manager just walk out. As in, here's my notice and packed their desk and left.

It make me angry considering I would have to give notice and even then they would probably try to keep me around as long as possible. Also shows how little they do :P If I walked out right now, my work colleagues wouldn't be able to take over my stuff without a week of going through my desk.

I have a friend that does Netflix through his PS3. I am not sure the details but he said he uses a proxy so I am guessing it's possible. I stayed with him for a few days (back when the ex was being a -cough- and I needed to get out for my sanity), it was so awesome. I miss it.
Katamara

Padawan

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler