Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Relax, kick those feet up. Enjoy a few laughs and take it easy.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Unread postby PinothyJ » 28 Nov 12, 1:04 am

Disco LT wrote:
Yurtles wrote:To be honest I actually have no idea if it was a real accident or not that the bigger dog got out. The way they antagonised him I wouldn't be suprised if he ended up just jumping the fence and no gate was left open at all. At the same time that woman has been told constantly by all of her neighbours for years to reign her dogs in and she ignores everyone. So I also wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't an accident either.
End of the day, nothing is dead, both the dogs and the owner have learnt a lesson and things are how they should be now. Really struggling to feel bad about that.

I hope it was an accident, you've got to be cold to do something like that. You can't blame the dogs either really, it's the owner that is to blame for their behaviour. I'd have just taken them to the local RSPCA shelter a few times - they generally charge a fee for you to collect your pet I think. She'd have gotten sick of that real quick.

She was also breaking the law so shame on you people in your street for not doing what you had a right to do: take official action…
PinothyJ

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Mearehear » 28 Nov 12, 3:14 am

When I was younger there was a neighbour who let two little annoying dogs roam the dead end street I lived in...

..until one day they both ran out onto the street and directly under the wheels of a Mr Whippy van :shock:
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Gonzo_72420 » 28 Nov 12, 10:30 am

Last edited by Gonzo_72420 on 16 Mar 13, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gonzo_72420

Player

Unread postby Yurtles » 28 Nov 12, 1:27 pm

PinothyJ wrote:She was also breaking the law so shame on you people in your street for not doing what you had a right to do: take official action.

You would honestly get the law involved with people you have to live with over what at the end of the day was a minor annoyance? :|
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.
Yurtles

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby CelticAngel82 » 28 Nov 12, 7:32 pm

I've been referred to 1 session with an "Exercise Physiologist" and 4 sessions with a physiotherapist for my Ulnar nerve entrapment (compressed ulnar nerve. similar to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, but the wrong nerve. EXCRUCIATING pain.) - I have NO idea what an Exercise Physiologist will do, from my googling, all they do is recommend proper exercise and healthy eating.. I already do that.. This is my wrist that has the issue..
I swear, if he's just gonna teach me office ergonomics in how to mouse properly, i'm gonna rage. (yes, despite doing OH&S and office ergonomics assignments from cert 2, 4 and diploma of IT, I still somehow end up with this issue.)

Not a great deal the physio can do either, since my doctor is already leaning towards surgery.. I've already got muscle wastage/loss in that hand, and yet nothing else can be done until the public hospital gets me an appointment for nerve conductivity studies. /sigh
It sucks. I just bought borderlands 2 because it was on sale... PERFECT timing what with me now being on school holidays from tafe until my next course starts.. and I'm under doctors orders to not use my PC. :lol:

I can use my laptop okay, since I just lay down and use it, and my hands arent constantly on the keys/mouse.
CelticAngel82

Wrapped in bubble wrap

Unread postby diamondd » 28 Nov 12, 9:42 pm

Gonzo_72420 wrote:
diamondd wrote:just played twilight imperium

woah...

The boardgame? I'ts been sitting on my shelf for a couple of months, been struggling to find the time to get our group together to give it a bash. Have got a huge pile of unplayed board and card games thanks to some online sales and Kickstarter (damn Kickstarter lol, it's still draining my wallet at a rate of knots), and the gang keeps opting to give shorter games a go before Twilight Imperium :(

How long did it take you to play?

took three of us four and a half hours, but two of us had never played before and we had probably half an hour to an hours worth of tangential "catch-up" discussions inside of that because we hadn't seen each other for a while :P

epic game though, SO much stuff going on and to do. In fact despite taking 4.5 hours at the end I still felt like it should have kept going lol, someone hit the required ten victory points and we'd hardly even started battling each other. It was still really cool though.

if none of you have played it though I'd definitely youtube some how-to-play videos because while we picked it up quickly with guidance I can imagine that figuring out how everything works during each turn could be pretty complicated. Definitely try it out though! its kind of like Civ5 in space and in boardgame form.
diamondd

Unread postby ginji » 29 Nov 12, 10:12 am

diamondd wrote:took three of us four and a half hours, but two of us had never played before and we had probably half an hour to an hours worth of tangential "catch-up" discussions inside of that because we hadn't seen each other for a while :P

epic game though, SO much stuff going on and to do. In fact despite taking 4.5 hours at the end I still felt like it should have kept going lol, someone hit the required ten victory points and we'd hardly even started battling each other. It was still really cool though.

if none of you have played it though I'd definitely youtube some how-to-play videos because while we picked it up quickly with guidance I can imagine that figuring out how everything works during each turn could be pretty complicated. Definitely try it out though! its kind of like Civ5 in space and in boardgame form.

The first time our group played A Game of Thrones (Second Edition) it took us 7 hours to get through to the end! We were playing with the max 6 players, and it was great, if long. It is an epic game! Would highly recommend it, and Eclipse as well, which works better for 2/3 players than TI3
ginji

Unread postby Gonzo_72420 » 29 Nov 12, 10:43 am

Gonzo_72420

Player

Unread postby ginji » 29 Nov 12, 2:30 pm

Gonzo_72420 wrote:Heh this is another one sitting in my shelf mocking me. We got about half a game played but ran out of time and haven't played again yet :( Have found the LCG a bit quicker to get through instead! I think we need to sequester ourselves in a wilderness shack with no kids to get through our biggies like Twilight Imperium, Game of Thrones, Mage Knight and so forth! Our games shelf is starting to look like Tom Vassel's although I'm sure he gets to play a lot more than we do!

Between my housemates and I we have Battlestar Galatica (+expansions), Arkham Asylum (+most of the expansions... Just ordered a few sleeves for it, about 2,500 all up...), Game of Thones, Eclipse, Pandemic (+expansion), 7 Wonders, Dominion, Ankh Morpork, Small Worlds, Tsuro, Space Alert (highly recommended! especially with the expansion), and god knows what else I've forgotten, probably something big! :lol:

We try and get something going every couple of weeks, but between us we have a large pool of other board gamers to draw on.
ginji

Unread postby Gonzo_72420 » 29 Nov 12, 2:44 pm

Gonzo_72420

Player

Unread postby diamondd » 29 Nov 12, 2:45 pm

what do you think of Pandemic? I've been thinking about picking it up.

also where do you guys buy them from? milsims.com.au is the best place I've found locally.
diamondd

Unread postby ginji » 29 Nov 12, 3:20 pm

diamondd wrote:what do you think of Pandemic? I've been thinking about picking it up.

also where do you guys buy them from? milsims.com.au is the best place I've found locally.

Generally from Amazon or Milsims. Some games are on Book Depository (like Arkham Horror - http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Arkham- ... 1589942103), and can be cheaper when you factor in no additional shipping cost.

As for Pandemic, it's one of our favourite short co-op games, great for new-to-proper-board-games people, and only got out done when I picked up Space Alert and it's expansion. Pandemic we tend to play once or twice, but with Space Alert we can sit there until we get exhausted, as it's incredibly intense for (exactly) 10 minutes each time. Space Alert also has my favourite instruction manual :)
ginji

Unread postby Gonzo_72420 » 29 Nov 12, 5:02 pm

Last edited by Gonzo_72420 on 16 Mar 13, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gonzo_72420

Player

Unread postby MuscularTeeth » 29 Nov 12, 9:06 pm

looking at wikipedia..
my email pops up with a new message, sold a new tee!
so, for the first time ever i donated some cash to wikipedia, to the tune of one tshirt sale.
i feel all world-citizeny.
Everyone! have a beer, or drink of your choice (hot chocolate?).
MUSCULARTEETH - Many things, mostly to do with Art.
MuscularTeeth

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Yurtles » 29 Nov 12, 10:19 pm

I'll just leave this here..
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.
Yurtles

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler