MAV Fix Finally

Re: MAV Fix Finally

Unread postby Fitzad » 2 Apr 12, 3:41 am

DarkMellie wrote:
Fitzad wrote:Huh? We aren't allowed to spawn a a spawn beacon more than once?? Isn't that what they are for?
He's saying that a spawn beacon was placed in an area of the map that isn't accessible to normal players (i.e. taking advantage of a glitch). They kept spawning under the map which is clearly against server rules, not to mention a douche of a way to play the game.

:)

oh ok thought that might have been what he was getting at but wasn't sure, can't say i've seen many glitches on metro which is why i was confused....ty for clearing that up :)
Fitzad

Padawan

Unread postby -Slayer- » 2 Apr 12, 2:45 pm

Serval wrote:Is the 'new' method of standing on MAVs allowed? I never really bothered with it before but now that's been patched it's amusing to MAV onto buildings in Karkand etc.

The patch should have fixed that, haven't heard of anyone trying it though since the patch,it wasn't allowed when you could do it.
-Slayer-

Senior BF Admin

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 2 Apr 12, 4:28 pm

-Slayer- wrote:
Serval wrote:Is the 'new' method of standing on MAVs allowed? I never really bothered with it before but now that's been patched it's amusing to MAV onto buildings in Karkand etc.

The patch should have fixed that, haven't heard of anyone trying it though since the patch,it wasn't allowed when you could do it.

Its been touted as working albeit more difficult to do by a few bf3 forum posts.
People often say "Dodger, are you this weird in the real world?"

I can unicycle while playing ukulele.

You be the judge.
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby The_Pharoah » 10 Apr 12, 4:28 pm

I played a few hours of Metro over the weekend and saw only 1 MAV. this one was actually used to spot the enemy (as it was intended).
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
The_Pharoah

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby llllTrooperllll » 24 May 12, 9:41 am

What about people that place a spawn beacon on top of an accessible area, in turn, this results in all players that spawn on it to be spawned in the air, then another (or the same player) then lands from that spawn onto another inaccessible part of the map and places a spawn beacon there, would that be considered against the rules or an exploit? This is what is happening now, as Jeff Goldblum put it in Jurassic Park, 'Life finds a way!'.
I wish my grass was Emo, then it would cut itself!
llllTrooperllll

Padawan

Unread postby The_Pharoah » 25 May 12, 10:26 am

yeah I've seen that - thats how they get to the top building on the LHS of when you exit the train station at Metro. I was wondering how guys got up there before I was shot (when the camera when to the guy I saw a couple of them up there).

That is an exploit because you can't physically get up there to clear out the place.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
The_Pharoah

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby llllTrooperllll » 25 May 12, 12:09 pm

The_Pharoah wrote:That is an exploit because you can't physically get up there to clear out the place.

Mortar? Rockets? M320?
I wish my grass was Emo, then it would cut itself!
llllTrooperllll

Padawan

Previous

Return to Battlefield Series