MAV Fix Finally

Forum for BF3 discussion

Moderator: BF Admins

MAV Fix Finally

Unread postby OZSlayer » 27 Feb 12, 9:53 pm

You may already have read this, it good news as far as I'm concerned.

The MAV will now be destroyed when running into a soldier or vehicle at high speed. It is still possible to strategically sacrifice your MAV on a soldier; it will be destroyed in the process.
-The MAV now properly shows up in the Kill Feed. Previously it simply displayed "KILLED."
-The MAV can no longer be used as an elevator.

There are a lot of other changes planned for the patch which you can read about here. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2832654779195992365/
OZSlayer

Player

Re: MAV Fix Finally

Unread postby revengous » 27 Feb 12, 10:13 pm

you could stand on a MAV?
revengous

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Anon. E. Moose » 27 Feb 12, 10:23 pm

revengous wrote:you could stand on a MAV?

Yeah, I've used it several times as a lift to reach the top floors of the construction site on Oman. :lol:
Steam: Shpleboy
Minecraft: LogicalHero
Origin: LogicalHero
Has a significantly better avatar than lee.
Anon. E. Moose

Story Teller

Unread postby OZSlayer » 28 Feb 12, 8:12 am

Yes, its is an exploit, some servers will ban you for it. Like a MAV could lift a man. Anyone who uses it is as far as I'm concerned it is as bad as the hackers. Just cause you can do it don't make it right. I used to snipe it on FF server so they dropped to the ground and died. it show up as a Suicide. :)
OZSlayer

Player

Unread postby |3lack|)eath » 29 Feb 12, 10:31 am

Those changes will be great :) will stop those who just use the MAV on infantry maps like metro
|3lack|)eath

Player

Unread postby -Slayer- » 29 Feb 12, 11:58 am

OZSlayer wrote:Yes, its is an exploit, Just cause you can do it don't make it right.

Yes, after sitting under the map on Metro yesterday with another admin aU_Viper, and repeating warnings for exploiting and killing and kicking players when they continually respawned on squad beacons and other players under the map and then proceeding to cap flags from under the map, (well try too as we admin killed them) I can't wait for the patch to come out.

p.s for the ones who continually kept doing this I have a lot of video and screen shots and I am going to ban the ones who kept spawning under the map after the warnings and stayed under the map to cap flags.

Just because EA/Dice put out a game that has bugs at the moment doesn't mean you can use that as an excuse to exploit and go outside the playable map zones.

In BF3 exploiting is a PERMANENT BAN.

BF:BF3 Server Rules.
-Slayer-

Senior BF Admin

Unread postby The_Pharoah » 29 Feb 12, 1:48 pm

yee harrr!!! :firing:
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel
The_Pharoah

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby OZSlayer » 29 Feb 12, 3:16 pm

:2gunsfiring_v1: :bigcry:
OZSlayer

Player

Unread postby DarkMellie » 29 Feb 12, 3:29 pm

The amount of MAV-elevating going on on Xbox servers is insane. On Tehran one night almost the entire enemy team was on the highway bridge or other inaccessibly buildings.

Glad to see the back of it.
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby Otto-matic » 1 Mar 12, 4:18 pm

I always found it strange that something as flimsy as an MAV could run into somebody, kill them, then fly off as if nothing had happened. Never mind the elevator trick - I wonder how much damage those blades would do to somebody's legs before they snapped....
Otto-matic

Story Teller

Unread postby OZSlayer » 1 Mar 12, 8:06 pm

The real MAV or T-HAWK Micro Scout is built so if it happened to bump into you, other than a knock, you would be unhurt. The blades are shrouded to make it safe and also stop it getting snagged on objects.

The Honeywell MAV system consists of two air vehicles and a ruggedized laptop ground station that controls the MAV and either records or sees in real time what the MAV camera “sees.” Each MAV is a circular, ducted-fan unmanned aerial vehicle, weighing 17 pounds with a 14-inch diameter blade. It is powered by a conventional two-stroke engine fueled by aviation gas (Avgas). Far from being stealthy, the two-stroke engine creates a similar but louder sound compared to its namesake, the tarantula hawk wasp. Cohen says that it is as noisy as a flying weedwacker and that it has actually made people flee the area when the MAV approached! Although designed to be man-portable, the MDPD’s MAV is transported to the crime scene by a dedicated truck or van and can be rapidly assembled, fuelled and prepared for flight in 10 minutes, something that is constantly practiced to maintain proficiency by all the pilots of the MDPD aviation unit.

This on the other hand will kill you.

OZSlayer

Player

Unread postby tacitus42 » 2 Apr 12, 1:15 am

I miss the BC2 UAVs.
tacitus42

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Fitzad » 2 Apr 12, 1:31 am

-Slayer- wrote:
OZSlayer wrote:Yes, its is an exploit, Just cause you can do it don't make it right.

Yes, after sitting under the map on Metro yesterday with another admin aU_Viper, and repeating warnings for exploiting and killing and kicking players when they continually respawned on squad beacons and other players under the map and then proceeding to cap flags from under the map, (well try too as we admin killed them) I can't wait for the patch to come out.

p.s for the ones who continually kept doing this I have a lot of video and screen shots and I am going to ban the ones who kept spawning under the map after the warnings and stayed under the map to cap flags.

Just because EA/Dice put out a game that has bugs at the moment doesn't mean you can use that as an excuse to exploit and go outside the playable map zones.

In BF3 exploiting is a PERMANENT BAN.

BF:BF3 Server Rules.

Huh? We aren't allowed to spawn a a spawn beacon more than once?? Isn't that what they are for?
Fitzad

Padawan

Unread postby DarkMellie » 2 Apr 12, 1:42 am

Fitzad wrote:Huh? We aren't allowed to spawn a a spawn beacon more than once?? Isn't that what they are for?
He's saying that a spawn beacon was placed in an area of the map that isn't accessible to normal players (i.e. taking advantage of a glitch). They kept spawning under the map which is clearly against server rules, not to mention a douche of a way to play the game.

:)
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby Serval » 2 Apr 12, 3:07 am

Is the 'new' method of standing on MAVs allowed? I never really bothered with it before but now that's been patched it's amusing to MAV onto buildings in Karkand etc.
Serval

Padawan

Next

Return to Battlefield 3