map change

map change

Unread postby mad comet » 27 Jan 12, 12:28 pm

need advice on whats happening when game finishes on some servers during map change it gets stuck on loading and never changes map :shock: can anyone tell me whats going on and why thanks.
mad comet

Padawan

Re: map change

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 27 Jan 12, 12:38 pm

mad comet wrote:need advice on whats happening when game finishes on some servers during map change it gets stuck on loading and never changes map :shock: can anyone tell me whats going on and why thanks.

I've had this issue since start of Jan. It's not just you, there are plenty of thread on the EA forums about this bug.

My way around is has been to (and here comes the fun!) hit windows + D about 6 times at the point where the awards are being shown. Keep the window minimized (ironically minimize itself didn't work for me) until 1:10 has passed (you can take more time) then open it back up, you'll be into the next map.

If anyone has a perm fix by all means spread the love, this method is driving me mental.
People often say "Dodger, are you this weird in the real world?"

I can unicycle while playing ukulele.

You be the judge.
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby mad comet » 27 Jan 12, 1:11 pm

hmmm been playing bf3 for 3 weeks only and come to the conclusion that it needs alot more tweaking from dice to get it right.but after a few more patches it should be all good..... :wink:
mad comet

Padawan

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 27 Jan 12, 1:20 pm

See, mine worked up until that particular patch broke it. No idea why.

You be the judge.
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby OZSlayer » 27 Jan 12, 4:10 pm

try doing a repair install through Origin, Right click on BF3 and you will see the menu option for it. Fixed 2 issues I have had in the past including yours.
OZSlayer

Player

Unread postby mad comet » 27 Jan 12, 4:19 pm

great i'll try it thanks slayer :)
mad comet

Padawan

Unread postby ChainsawMcP » 27 Jan 12, 4:40 pm

The other "fix" that one of my friends employs... just join servers that don't change map - play till you get sick of it - find another server.

There are some VERY long threads of people complaining about this problem... and the best that anybody has come up with is to alt-tab (or minimise in some other way) during map change.
ChainsawMcP

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby mad comet » 27 Jan 12, 9:53 pm

i tried the repair trick but it didn't work still the same.
mad comet

Padawan

Unread postby bigred-wlaus- » 28 Jan 12, 12:21 am

Speed Up Map Loading Times:
Nvidia Cards:
1) Open up Nvidia Control Panel
2) Click on Manage 3D Settings
3) Click on Program SettingsSelect Battlefield 3 in the drop down box (
**If it's not there click add and find bf3.exe located C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3)
4) Find Threaded optimization
5) Turn On
6) Click Apply

Maps should now load faster.

What drivers are you currently running as i tried the beta drivers for Nvidia and was getting that same issue so i reinstalled back to the 285.62
http://www.geforce.com/Drivers
Latest GeForce Driver
Version: 285.62
Mon Oct 24, 2011
Latest GeForce Beta Driver
Version: 290.53
Wed Dec 21, 2011

Or it could be ASUS Cards - End of round crash issue:
PROBLEM: Crashing at the end of every round (BF3.exe has stopped working) just before the scores come up and not being able to play single player.
SOLUTION: If you own an ASUS card (ATi or NV) and you installed the 'Smart Doctor' and/or 'ASUS Gamer' software then this is what's VERY likely causing you end of round crashes. All you need to do is uninstall Smart Doctor and ASUS Gamer, restart your computer and reinstall your video card drivers - that's it.

Some more info on your rig might help also :wink: :wink:
Last edited by bigred-wlaus- on 28 Jan 12, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed AMD link that was broken
bigred-wlaus-

Padawan

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 28 Jan 12, 8:00 am

Bigred: I put BF3 on my SSD, my map load times are < 3 seconds. It's not the issue. While I'm sure those help, I'm unsure it's the solution :). And your AMD link is broken.

You be the judge.
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Pixie » 30 Jan 12, 9:38 pm

Artful-dodgeR wrote:My way around is has been to (and here comes the fun!) hit windows + D about 6 times at the point where the awards are being shown. Keep the window minimized (ironically minimize itself didn't work for me) until 1:10 has passed (you can take more time) then open it back up, you'll be into the next map.

Similar technique as what I use to use until a fresh install of Win 7 and BF3 etc. etc. onto a new SSD did away with the problem. Plus this time I didn't install all the extra **** which comes with the mobo and vid card - just bare minimum drivers etc.
Pixie

BF Admin

Unread postby mad comet » 7 Feb 12, 4:32 pm

ok this works for me at end of game when its on score page and counting down to new map. hit your windows button and minus the page down and wait a minute or what you think it is. anyhow it works everytime i try it :)
mad comet

Padawan

Unread postby -Slayer- » 7 Feb 12, 5:08 pm

mad comet wrote:ok this works for me at end of game when its on score page and counting down to new map. hit your windows button and minus the page down and wait a minute or what you think it is. anyhow it works everytime i try it :)

Does that do the same as Alt+Tab ? never tried it.
-Slayer-

Senior BF Admin

Unread postby mad comet » 8 Feb 12, 11:53 am

better i think.
mad comet

Padawan

Return to Battlefield Series