Binding of Isaac; running multiple versions possible ?

Binding of Isaac; running multiple versions possible ?

Unread postby pearo » 5 Apr 12, 5:26 pm

My son is an avid player of Isaac (plays it on my steam account) and has put alot of time into the game. The game does not appear to allow multiple player profiles - Would it be possible to also install the collectors edition without overwriting his saved game state/progress ? Has anyone done this ?

My first thought is that both installs would want to use the same locations for saves. I do not want to risk ruining his progress :cry: but would like to have my own game going. Google has not been my friend regarding this.
pearo

Player

Re: Binding of Isaac; running multiple versions possible ?

Unread postby Chucky » 5 Apr 12, 5:31 pm

Thought about getting a second steam account? ie, log out of one, log into the other and play the second version on that account.
Chucky

Unread postby pearo » 5 Apr 12, 8:25 pm

Chucky wrote:Thought about getting a second steam account? ie, log out of one, log into the other and play the second version on that account.

No I did not think of that (it's been a long day and my Isaac solving skills are diminished); Chucky - you are not just a pretty face :wink:
The collectors edition has an additional steam key as well as a DRM free version. Figured being able to play the cd version might be easier, but its not too hard to make a new steam account - Thanks
pearo

Player

Unread postby Chucky » 6 Apr 12, 4:36 pm

pearo wrote:Chucky - you are not just a pretty face :wink:

Many would argue I am not even that :x

But no worries, Glad it has worked out for you :D
Chucky

Return to PC Gaming Chat