Battle.net 2.0

Unread postby Klas » 24 May 10, 4:36 pm

This has been doing the rounds :lol:

Klas

Jedi Upstart

Re: Battle.net 2.0

Unread postby Axwell » 24 May 10, 4:46 pm

LAN

Not sure what the situation on this is but AFAIK LAN will be implemented you just need an internet connection to validate at first.
Chat channels

Blizzard has said many times this will be included in the retail release.
Fully customizable games

Again, this is something that will be available in the retail version.
Tournament features

Blizzard won't include tournament features for one of the biggest tourney games of all time? Again, BETA.
Facebook Integration

Don't really see why this was needed, but you don't have to use it.

People are freaking out, they need to chill and wait for it to come out PROPERLY before going on about all it's pitfalls.
Axwell

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Klas » 24 May 10, 10:42 pm

You realise they have less than 2 months until retail... right?

If people didn't go on about the pitfalls and shortcomings, then why would Blizz bother fixing/improving the game at all?
Klas

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Nightstaar » 24 May 10, 10:47 pm

Way to ruin a humorous picture...
Nightstaar

Story Teller

Unread postby Minkelz » 25 May 10, 12:24 pm

@ Axwell

That's all well and good; pretending that we just have an early beta build and the only reason we don't have chat channels is because Blizzard hasn't bothered to copy paste 20 lines of code... you really have to question why the hell they bothered rolling out Facebook integration in a recent patch. The one big complex feature that undoubtedly took a huge amount of time and effort to implement, that players couldn't care less about took precedence over basic functionality that would be seen as a requirement in an online game 10 years ago.

Blizzard does things very slowly, things just don't happen. Either this was their plan all along and chat/clans/channels/tournies are good to go at release, or this game is in some very messy $hit.
Minkelz

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Novocaine » 25 May 10, 3:30 pm

Yea this new patch that just came out has quite a few people upset at how the game is being handled.

My biggest issue is the clunky friend mechanics. Having to add friends via RealID with my battle.net email address (which also happens to be connected with my WoW account), basically adds public view and lowers account security in a bad way.
You can click on a person in your RealID list and view their friends. That is bad bad bad.
PLAYGUUU AAHHHH!
Novocaine

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Maxpayne5th » 25 May 10, 5:25 pm

Novocaine wrote:Yea this new patch that just came out has quite a few people upset at how the game is being handled.

My biggest issue is the clunky friend mechanics. Having to add friends via RealID with my battle.net email address (which also happens to be connected with my WoW account), basically adds public view and lowers account security in a bad way.
You can click on a person in your RealID list and view their friends. That is bad bad bad.

I can't remember where, but a Blue posted about Facebook integration for this patch, saying that the RealID adding was made harder so more people would try the facebook way.

I think its slightly stupid, but hey, if you wanna use Facebook, go ahead. If you don't, oh well.

Only thing I hate about Patch 13 is THE GAME BLOODY FREEZING HALFWAY THROUGH! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Maxpayne5th

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Axwell » 25 May 10, 7:03 pm

I did like the identifiers though, I don't really like giving out my email to every random person I want to have a game with
Axwell

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby XViper » 25 May 10, 11:40 pm

Axwell wrote:I did like the identifiers though, I don't really like giving out my email to every random person I want to have a game with

Totally.
Its so stupid.
I've lost my entire list of friends now, and as I don't know any of you guys in real life why the **** would you be on my Facebook?

Well dont Blizzard you **** idiots.
XViper

Forum Bot

Unread postby Recluse » 29 May 10, 7:26 pm

http://www.incgamers.com/Interviews/270 ... -interview interview with co-founder of blizzard. bnet 0.2 :c
Recluse

n00bie

Return to StarCraft 2