Chrome + YouTube = :(

Forum for Technical discussions

Chrome + YouTube = :(

Unread postby HolyBumble » 10 Oct 13, 5:13 pm

YouTube updated it's layout a couple of days ago and it's broken YouTube on my Google Chrome. The video player is out of place and most of the time I can only see half of the video player. I've disabled all my extensions and cleared all cache and history yet no dice. YouTube will still work on FireFox, but only because it's using the old layout. I did a Google and couldn't not find any fixes for this, so I figured I'd ask here.

A few screenshots:
Youtube Videos

Chrome + Firefox Side by side

Any help provided is appreciated :)
HolyBumble

Padawan

Re: Chrome + YouTube = :(

Unread postby Chucky » 10 Oct 13, 5:20 pm

I notice Adblock is running on chrome but not on firefox. I realise you mentioned disabling all extensions, but the pic sort of shows it is still running.
Chucky

Unread postby Makena » 10 Oct 13, 5:25 pm

Yeah something is trying to force youtube into the middle, when the default position is now on the left.

There's greasemonkey scripts to make it all go back to the middle though :lol:
Makena

Has 1 million gon bucks

Unread postby HolyBumble » 10 Oct 13, 5:26 pm

Chucky wrote:I notice Adblock is running on chrome but not on firefox. I realise you mentioned disabling all extensions, but the pic sort of shows it is still running.

I re-enabled them once I figured out that they weren't the problem. I disabled them and refreshed once again. No dice :(
HolyBumble

Padawan

Unread postby Makena » 10 Oct 13, 5:34 pm

http://productforums.google.com/forum/# ... KVTpnvOxh0

Suggests delete your cookies, may be a partial rollout of UI changes, your participation in those is stored in a cookie
Makena

Has 1 million gon bucks

Unread postby HolyBumble » 10 Oct 13, 5:44 pm

Makena wrote:http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/FKVTpnvOxh0

Suggests delete your cookies, may be a partial rollout of UI changes, your participation in those is stored in a cookie

Thanks for that Makena! I tried Googleing the problem before, but I couldn't find anything relevant! I don't know how you found that, but thank you! I thought I cleared the cookies before, so I did it again yet it still didn't do anything. I ran YouTube in incognito mode and YouTube was running the old layout again. After cleaning the cookies again and finding that I still had the problem, I ran CCleaner to let it clear Chrome's cookies and it worked again! Thank's heaps! You're a hero!
HolyBumble

Padawan

Unread postby Makena » 10 Oct 13, 5:55 pm

No worries, glad it's fixed :D
Makena

Has 1 million gon bucks

Return to Tech Chat