Help! Sound issue!

Forum for Technical discussions

Help! Sound issue!

Unread postby Cexitime » 5 Feb 13, 8:50 pm

Hello all, I know I don't post here much but hoping someone can help anyway :D

I'm pretty well edumakated in experience with PC repairs, but this one has me scratching my head.

I currently run an Auzentech Forte with Logitech X-530 speakers (5.1), The issue I am having is its saying that my center speaker is my sub woofer and my sub woofer is my center speaker.

This tends to make explosions tiny and speech EXTREMELY LOUD

I have checked the cables, they are correct that go into the sub woofer and they are correct for the 3 that go into the back of the PC.

The Auzen Software and Windows 8 both know that they are 5.1 speakers, but this is simply driving me mad.

I have updated using the latest drivers on the website and even tried rolling back to the old ones I use to use and its still the same, this issue has only propped up in the past month and was fine before that (I did move house)

Ideas anyone?
Cexitime

Player

Re: Help! Sound issue!

Unread postby MUG » 5 Feb 13, 9:15 pm

Using optical, coax or analog?

If your using analog you should be able to swap channels in your sound software.

EDIT: Hmm, the Auzen software reads to be limited in that area looking at google...

My question may still help anyway.
MUG

Game Admin

Unread postby Cexitime » 5 Feb 13, 9:26 pm

Hi Mug!

I'm using Analog, the speakers use 3 coloured cables (Green, Orange, Black) that plug directly into my Auzen, Yes the drivers are X-Fi drivers from creative and very limited in being able to select and change the speaker function (I think realtek allows this), I think the issue lays with the sub woofer, I may just have to replace the entire set.
Cexitime

Player

Unread postby MUG » 5 Feb 13, 10:12 pm

Cexitime wrote:Hi Mug!

I'm using Analog, the speakers use 3 coloured cables (Green, Orange, Black) that plug directly into my Auzen, Yes the drivers are X-Fi drivers from creative and very limited in being able to select and change the speaker function (I think realtek allows this), I think the issue lays with the sub woofer, I may just have to replace the entire set.

You got an optical or coax output ?
As the speakers from reading the manual will take all 3 types. So it would confirm if it's a speaker issue.

Besides as long as the speakers have a decent sound processor, it'd likely sound better anyway.
MUG

Game Admin

Unread postby steve_rogers42 » 6 Feb 13, 12:54 pm

what happens when you plug the orange cable into the black port and the black cable into the orange port?

have you traced back the wires to make sure you havent got them switched about on the speaker end :oops:

If that fails, i would uninstall the soundcard driver set, and let windows (hopefully7 or 8!) download the M4 drivers for the card and see if it has the same issue, and if you want the auzentek software back, download the newest set.

thats what i would be looking for :)
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
steve_rogers42

Tech Moderator

Unread postby Cexitime » 6 Feb 13, 2:44 pm

Hi,

The sound card supports Optical however the speakers are analogue only, I have double checked the cables they are all in the correct holes. as for swapping the cables, that just resulted in noise going everywhere it shouldn't have been :P

I have already uninstalled the drivers and re-installed, even with basic windows drivers (Sorry should of mentioned that at the beginning) and still no go, I pulled the sub woofer apart last night and it seems someone was over zealous with the glue gun, its melted and gone everywhere, not sure if that is causing any of the short circuiting, would clean it but I have to cut the wires to pull the board entirely out of the sub woofer, just going to replace them, thanks guys.
Cexitime

Player

Unread postby v4moose » 6 Feb 13, 3:41 pm

post pic for interest sake
Hit me up on Steam!
A really annoying sig used to be here
v4moose

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Cexitime » 6 Feb 13, 7:42 pm

a picture of what?
Cexitime

Player

Unread postby brat81 » 6 Feb 13, 8:21 pm

Sorry can'r hear you
brat81

Story Teller

Unread postby Treloar » 7 Feb 13, 12:49 am

Cexitime wrote:a picture of what?

a banana :!: :roll:

Can you take pictures of the connections on the speakers and what is plugged where :?:
Treloar

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby v4moose » 7 Feb 13, 11:46 am

Cexitime wrote:a picture of what?

Cexitime wrote:I pulled the sub woofer apart last night and it seems someone was over zealous with the glue gun, its melted and gone everywhere.
Hit me up on Steam!
v4moose

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Cexitime » 7 Feb 13, 8:42 pm

Hard to get a picture that was sort of focused, did what I could

Cexitime

Player

Unread postby v4moose » 12 Feb 13, 11:43 am

interesting... i wonder if that glue is conductive...
Hit me up on Steam!
v4moose

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Ninja Catfish » 12 Feb 13, 9:09 pm

Hot glue wouldn't be, I've used it to hold fragile solders in place and it's never caused an issue.
From what I understand, a whole bunch of hot glue is pretty commonplace for cheaper speakers such as a Logitech.
Nintendo Network ID - Catfiish | Live - NinjaxCatfish | PlayStation ID - NinjaCatfish | last.fm - NinjaCatfish | Twitter - StevenImpson
Ninja Catfish

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Cexitime » 16 Feb 13, 2:25 pm

I solved it,

I was using 1.5m extension cables to go from the subwoofer to the PC as the cable was too short to plug into the pc, brought a cheapie set of 5.1's today that had longer cables and it worked fine when directly connected. When I connected the extension cables it all went crazy, Lesson learned, buy speakers with a longer cord, I guess next upgrade I will just go optical.
Cexitime

Player

Return to Tech Chat