been playing cRPG a lot, a great mod, the best way to play M&B online. From my experience it starts hard, but it doesnt stay hard for long. some tips:
- as a peasant starting out, support your team mates near the battle, aim to get a hit or two in, but the main purpose is that it will net you the most gold and xp.
- getting to level 15 is a breeze, in fact it should only take 3-4 hours of play. After 15 it gets a bit harder, but at 15 you are already at a level to enjoy the mod.
- FOCUS FOCUS FOCUS. you want to specialize, pre-plan so to speak. chose one weapon type and focus on getting that up first. You can diversify later, but to be effective early, focus on one thing.
- dont spend your gold recklessly. Some 500 gold armor is a good start, in fact its generally good early armor, will help a lot, and is relativly cheap, get a set, and start saving. same goes for weapons, chose a decent mid-early range in price, and go for that first.
- AGI and STR, when you chose your weapon type, take note of its reqs, esp for early stage weapons, a 1h sword might only need 4-5 STR. AGI you can get Wepon Proficiency points, these are great early on, and help you be mroe effective.
- 6 STR/9 AGI is a great starting point, will let you use a lot of things and have enough points in a wepon to do ok, makes you effective by level 10. by level 15 you can get 9 STR/12 AGI, this build is a very decent all round base, aim for this
- be paitent. being a peasant sucks, but it wont last.
- have fun!
btw, i play as Kublai_Khan, if you want to say hi in game