War Thunder

Re: War Thunder

Unread postby lordkabab » 14 Feb 13, 8:57 am

NAH THIS IS HORRIBLE.

EVERY RUS PLANE CAN SHOOT DOWN A MK II SPITFIRE?! NO. WWII ERA RUSSIAN PLANES WERE ABSOLUTELY BAD.

I BET THEY PAID OFF THE DEVS (OH LOOK, RUSSIAN) TO MAKE YAKS BETTER THAN EVERYTHING. BEST ARMOUR, BEST SPEED, BEST TURNING, BEST GUNS. CORRUPT, THE LOT OF THEM.
lordkabab

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Otto-matic » 14 Feb 13, 11:21 am

lordkabab wrote:*rant snip*

Is that from their forums? Russian bias claims happen for every game made in Russia :)

Edit: Actually some of the Russian planes were pretty damn good, especially in the turning battle style that a lot of these games devolve into.
Otto-matic

Story Teller

Unread postby lordkabab » 14 Feb 13, 11:49 am

Otto-matic wrote:
lordkabab wrote:*rant snip*

IRussian bias claims happen for every game made in Russia :)

I wonder why.

Damn Commies.
lordkabab

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Bronze_D » 14 Feb 13, 12:48 pm

Considering that many of the dominating players in the game i've seen are using British planes especially on rank 4-6 matches before the scary Fw190s come in full force, i have sincere doubt that the problem is with the russian plane.

And to the best of my knowledge Russian planes like Yak-1 and La-5 are excellent dogfighters in the war, Lagg-3 though are indeed **** or it ought to be (they tend to perform better here in the game).

Their strength on planes like La-5 and Yak-1 (and hence shared with Yak-3/7/9 etc.. which are all essentially further improvements of Yak-1) is that they do very well in low altitude dogfight where things tend to bog down into low speed turning engagement or scissors. As it is, most players in WT tend to engage in low altitude.

To engage them there without an aircraft that is specifically designed to do well in such condition is tantamount to suicide.

Ball0fire wrote:yeah nah, strangley this game just confusses the **** outa me, ive been palying games for over 2 decades and this is the most confused ive been, and i play EVE!!

the tutorials are **** usless, they only go on aboot basic flight and attacking ,which any shlub thats played a flight sim can do with their eyes closed, i want to know wtf i am doin on the main page or in the game itself

i see its like world of tanks (to a point woT doesnt thow noobs in with t3/ 4/ 5/ 6/ 7/ 8/ 9/ 10) like this one seems to
so i get to fly noobs planes against bf110's 109s , hurries spits, yeah **** riiiiight . i died enuf times to upgrade to t1 gladiator ok i want to use that, how?i still have furysand a numbnut as my 3 planes even after i bought the damn gladiator
no help what so ever in this game. EVE is easier as a new player for christs sake

end rant . bye

That shouldn't be the case except when the player pool for the highest rank planes you have in the mix is depleted when you were searching for a game

when your nation of choice plane's highest rank is rank reserve for example, you pretty much fight only against other reserve rank planes (ie: all the starter planes)

when your choice highest rank is rank 1, you will face primarily up to similar rank as well (ie: reserve, rank 1 and rank 0) which are primarily biplanes except again when the players for that range are depleted (since most ppl tend to move quickly to higher planes rather fast)

the only time you should see Bf109s is if in your choice of nation you inserted a rank 3 aircraft at least if not higher, because that's when you roughly will start seeing them with a degree of regularity.

and you ACTUALLY GOT SHOT DOWN by a Bf110 in a biplane?

dude, how the hell do you get shot down by a plane that turns like a cow when ur sitting in a plane that literally turns on a dime? All biplanes turn at low speed like no others, practically impossible to beat with most monoplanes (and certainly IMPOSSIBLE to beat with Bf110 that handles like a god damn truck) hence why the rank 1 biplanes are so deadly in low speed and altitude turning dogfight.
Bronze_D

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby gamertech » 21 Mar 13, 11:58 pm

Just a notice. After the launcher update preceeding patch 1.29 there was a huge security bug introduced.

When the launcher updates now it sends out packets to hundreds of various anti-P2P and hacker groups as well as known botnets. When these groups are contacted they automatically start DDoSing the source client causing anything from slow downloads to damaged hardware.

I've found that Peerblocker with the default lists active manages to block the launcher from communicating with these groups and preventing the DDoS attacks. Gaijin have hidden the thread where plenty of other people have tested and confirmed they are getting the same thing, but I am talking with the admins now to get them to do something about it. (Hopefully soon)

This is just a notice to keep an eye out and to protect yourselves while this problem exists...
gamertech

n00bie

Unread postby Mearehear » 22 Mar 13, 12:33 am

gamertech wrote:Just a notice. After the launcher update preceeding patch 1.29 there was a huge security bug introduced.

When the launcher updates now it sends out packets to hundreds of various anti-P2P and hacker groups as well as known botnets. When these groups are contacted they automatically start DDoSing the source client causing anything from slow downloads to damaged hardware.

I've found that Peerblocker with the default lists active manages to block the launcher from communicating with these groups and preventing the DDoS attacks. Gaijin have hidden the thread where plenty of other people have tested and confirmed they are getting the same thing, but I am talking with the admins now to get them to do something about it. (Hopefully soon)

This is just a notice to keep an eye out and to protect yourselves while this problem exists...

Link to information on this??
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby stoolsample » 22 Mar 13, 3:49 am

Something I found

Don't know if its just a case of "Downloader uses torrent, connects to these anti-p2p ip's who also download it hence their address's showing up" or if its "Downloader lets them access your IP addy/PC even if launcher is closed"

Going on the info hunt tomorrow, my Mum plays this frequently, so Im either finding out if its BS, or installing Peerblock on her machine...
Dead 2600k @0.0ghz zer0watt functionality
New i5 4690 @3.9Ghz/8GB@1866mhz Gigabyte R9-290-OC
CM N600/27" 1080/60 OC'd to 1440p@60
stoolsample

Padawan

Unread postby Mearehear » 22 Mar 13, 7:45 am

Cheers Stool. Well I'm not going to jump into panic mode (for one I don't have it currently installed) but will be keeping an eye on this to see if anything substantial unfolds.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby gamertech » 22 Mar 13, 7:46 am

Mearehear wrote:Link to information on this??

Pretty much what Stool posted atm. The original thread with full detail and pics on Gaijin with other people confirming my findings was hidden. I was talking with Borisych a head admin for War Thunder last night but he's yet to get back to me today. He had linked the conversation with a dev who hasn't woken up yet...
gamertech

n00bie

Unread postby Mearehear » 22 Mar 13, 7:52 am

Oh thanks :) Will be interesting to see what unfolds, hope you can post any significant update.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Makena » 22 Mar 13, 9:00 am

Probably lucky I haven't really had time to get into this for a couple of weeks! (Too many games :lol: )
Makena

Has 1 million gon bucks

Unread postby PlasmaDavid » 26 Mar 13, 1:41 pm

Any news on the security situation? After watching the trailers I'm gagging for some sweet aerial action, downloading from GoN right now!
PlasmaDavid

Padawan

Unread postby Mearehear » 26 Mar 13, 1:45 pm

I haven't heard any more on it, I wouldnt let it worry you too much, for all we know it is a disgruntled gamer kick starting a bad rumour about the game.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby gamertech » 27 Mar 13, 5:01 pm

Mearehear wrote:I haven't heard any more on it, I wouldnt let it worry you too much, for all we know it is a disgruntled gamer kick starting a bad rumour about the game.

Well gee thanks a lot...

It is genuine but the reports have backed off a bit. The launcher still connects to illicit IP's but not nearly as many as before. No response from the devs about it though, they keep hiding any thread even slightly related to the topic...

As before using a program such as Peerblock (choose your flavour) while updating will successfully block the packets from going to the problem IP's to start with preventing any problem.

Blocking these IP's seems to also speed the updates up to no end as well even if the launcher doesn't try to connect to any of the IP's triggering the DDoS.

Also I love the game and play it daily, even though the current economy is garbage so no I'm not a disgruntled gamer...
gamertech

n00bie

Unread postby Mearehear » 27 Mar 13, 5:12 pm

Jesus dude, way to jump the gun there. I wasn't referring to you personally, I was referring to wherever this story has come from. I am still yet to see any shred of evidence and so it pays to be just as wary of unsubstantiated stories, simple as that.
Mearehear

Game Admin

PreviousNext

Return to PC Gaming Chat