aerofly FS

aerofly FS

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 18 Oct 12, 9:27 am

Just landed on Steam today, looks absolutely amazing. Any ideas on how it plays? :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/214130/

Random video from youtube:

Follow us: Image Image Image
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Re: aerofly FS

Unread postby Nightstaar » 18 Oct 12, 9:40 am

Wow! I thought that was real at first... I wish I wasn't so broke otherwise I'd be playing that right now!
Nightstaar

Story Teller

Unread postby ginji » 18 Oct 12, 9:51 am

List of the planes (8 in total) http://www.aeroflyfs.com/aircraft.html. Includes 2 gliders which is interesting to say the least.
ginji

Unread postby DarkMellie » 18 Oct 12, 4:50 pm

Reading through the SimHQ review, looks like it's incredibly pretty with good physics, but minimal level of control.

I think I'll wait for it to go on special... although if someone were to play it and sway me...
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby Mearehear » 18 Oct 12, 8:07 pm

Its 15% off at the moment Mellie, and ive only heard good about it. You might remember me posting details about it in your big random game thread earlier in the year. I havent tried it though. $33.99 is a damn fine price I think ;)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/21413 ... 1_4_4__101
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby DarkMellie » 18 Oct 12, 8:09 pm

Hmmm, I'll await more details from you or another GoNer. I haven't got the energy to fire DCS up lately and that's a game that's still good for thousands of hours. aerofly certainly looks pretty, but couldn't I get the same sensation with either FSX or *gulp* Flight?

EDIT: Hell, Rise of Flight is now free AND gorgeous AND one of the best multiplayer flight games out there. Put your wallet away and play RoF instead :D
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby Mearehear » 18 Oct 12, 8:18 pm

Lol good points! And I wasn't buying myself anyway as I really not playing anything on PC at the moment, and don't have the mental space to put into more "sims". I've gone the casual gaming route mostly lately :) Ive got FSX and DCS Black Shark and more sitting there untouched for a long time now. I think I am getting old, I just don't have the enthusiasm in me to put the time into learning them any more, same for any game that is slightly more complex.

For any guys after it, it reportedly runs super smooth even on older spec hardware, yet looks terrific and flys well. Thats the main words I have been hearing on it.

Note to self after a quick reread before posting..LOL does not count as a fullstop, stupid habits die hard.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 22 Nov 12, 9:03 pm

Tis on sale for $24 in the Steam Autumn sale. ( -40%)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 23 Nov 12, 7:00 am

Mearehear wrote:Tis on sale for $24 in the Steam Autumn sale. ( -40%)

Hmmm damn that's temping!
Follow us: Image Image Image
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby brimlad » 23 Nov 12, 7:46 am

does look good though I'd imaging the map size might seem restrictive after xplane and the 24gb download will kill off the rest of my autumn steam ambitions so I'll have to pass, maybe winter sale.
(i7 930@3.6 x58ud7 24gbhyperx 7970x2 S27a950d)ClanPwRPlaY
brimlad

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 23 Nov 12, 1:10 pm

brimlad wrote:does look good though I'd imaging the map size might seem restrictive after xplane and the 24gb download will kill off the rest of my autumn steam ambitions so I'll have to pass, maybe winter sale.

Yes that's a point, and personally I won't be getting it at the moment due to being stuck temporarily on a 3G connection with next to no quota (though I guess I could purchase it for later on), but for me what stands out with it is every where I have read word seems to be that it runs incredibly smoothly, even on older hardware, which with be a great thing for my rapidly aging PC. I just keep look and thinking "yup looks sweet", but then again I have too many flight things already that I don't have the time to invest in to learn properly, I must resist the urge for more :lol:

Plus my joystick etc is packed away, waiting on my move..
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby brimlad » 23 Nov 12, 2:39 pm

The Hornet would probably be the only plane in the list to bounce of the sides of the map, the other planes and gliders would certainly provide some good flying in the alps.
good luck with the move Mearehear.

cheers :)
(i7 930@3.6 x58ud7 24gbhyperx 7970x2 S27a950d)ClanPwRPlaY
brimlad

Game Admin

Return to PC Gaming Chat