Interesting Tattoo Laws (NSW)

News and current events discussion

Re: Interesting Tattoo Laws (NSW)

Unread postby Mekon » 6 Jan 13, 9:03 am

Disco LT wrote:Haha they tried building schools.. it was a colossal **** :lol:

The fantastic new library and classrooms at my son's school beg to differ. Don't believe most of what the MSM reports - it's usually complete bollocks.

Artful-dodgeR wrote:Again, do the crime, not our fault. You'll learn from your mistake that you can't do things normal law-abiding people did because of an action normal law-abiding citizens have the better sense to not do.

My main issue with the "fit and proper person" clause is that even if you had committed a crime and done jail-time, you were then deemed rehabilitated - isn't that why they released you from jail?
Last edited by Mekon on 6 Jan 13, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mekon

I Draw Sustenance From Destroying Your Hyperbole

Unread postby inz » 6 Jan 13, 9:05 am

Chill dude, it was tongue in cheek. However your opinions are flawed.
inz

Sheik of Spam

Location: Behind my computer, where it's safe and nobody can hurt me.

Unread postby Matty » 6 Jan 13, 11:06 am

I don't get this. You support the criminals you like, yet wish the death penalty on the ones you don't. :S
Pick a side Disco.
Matty

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Disco LT » 6 Jan 13, 2:56 pm

Matty wrote:I don't get this. You support the criminals you like, yet wish the death penalty on the ones you don't. :S
Pick a side Disco.

Or what? There is a difference between a convicted pedophile and someone who smokes pot, or did a bit of graffiti, or someone who got in a few fights as a lad and ended up being charged.

Anyone who is sympathetic to pedophiles is suspect in my opinion.
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby skitzor » 6 Jan 13, 3:46 pm

Disco LT wrote:Anyone who is sympathetic to pedophiles is suspect in my opinion.

bit of a blanket statement. what about pedophiles that don't act on their attraction? or what about people that have been convicted as pedophiles because they had consensual sex with a partner that was underage?
skitzor

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Mearehear » 6 Jan 13, 4:01 pm

Disco LT wrote:I think you're being your usual self and just trying to nitpick for the sake of it. I could rephrase it just to make you happy.. but I think you're a dick and really couldn't be bothered :)

Agreed, it is just an attempt to bait into a "nitpicking" debate, and is quite pathetic.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Nekosan » 6 Jan 13, 5:05 pm

I can't really approve of a law that discriminates against people like that, just like those association/assembly laws it doesn't gel with my notion of what freedom in this country should be about. If they're breaking a law then run an investigation and lock them up, otherwise stop punishing them in advance for things they (possibly) havent even done yet... that's not how the law works over here.
Nekosan

Unread postby Matty » 6 Jan 13, 9:16 pm

Disco LT wrote:Or what? There is a difference between a convicted pedophile and someone who smokes pot, or did a bit of graffiti, or someone who got in a few fights as a lad and ended up being charged.

So, not supporting of the death penalty = sympathetic to pedophiles? Anyone who is that ignorant is suspect in my opinion.

Disco LT wrote:Or what? There is a difference between a convicted pedophile and someone who smokes pot, or did a bit of graffiti, or someone who got in a few fights as a lad and ended up being charged.

I have a tip for them, don't be whats wrong with society and then they wouldn't have to worry about a basic police clearance/check.
Matty

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Disco LT » 6 Jan 13, 10:01 pm

Matty wrote:

So, not supporting of the death penalty = sympathetic to pedophiles? Anyone who is that ignorant is suspect in my opinion.

I have a tip for them, don't be whats wrong with society and then they wouldn't have to worry about a basic police clearance/check.

Edit: What I wrote here wasn't worth saying. Suffice to say it wasn't nice and I probably owe Matty an apology but he isn't going to get one. Suffice to say our opinions differ, and I can live with that.
Disco LT

Unread postby skitzor » 6 Jan 13, 11:39 pm

Mearehear wrote:
Disco LT wrote:I think you're being your usual self and just trying to nitpick for the sake of it. I could rephrase it just to make you happy.. but I think you're a dick and really couldn't be bothered :)

Agreed, it is just an attempt to bait into a "nitpicking" debate, and is quite pathetic.

nitpicking is the essence of laws. if you don't want to discuss nitpicking, I suggest you stay away from talking about law.

I'm not going to apologise for attempting to make disco aware that simply using the term pedophile in such a general sense is inaccurate. in society's eyes, there are people that are classified as pedophiles that have no business being called that.

he claims there is a difference "...between a convicted pedophile and someone who smokes pot, or did a bit of graffiti, or someone who got in a few fights as a lad and ended up being charged." I agree. in some cases, the convicted pedophile can be more innocent than some of those people. he's going to nitpick over the crime of deadly assault, I'm going to nitpick over the crime of pedophilia.

also, I liked your dick comment. must be great ignoring someone's point like that.
skitzor

Unread postby Jez » 7 Jan 13, 6:56 am

Disco LT wrote:Anyone who is sympathetic to pedophiles is suspect in my opinion.

If you get to set that rule then I'm saying anyone in this thread who's sympathetic to the plight of tattoo shops under these new laws is secretly a bikie... :roll:
Jez

Unread postby Jez » 7 Jan 13, 7:48 am

Disco LT wrote:Better that than a pedophile :roll:

See where crazy suspicions get us? The attitude of 'anyone sympathetic to x is suspect' has been repeated many times throughout history, and has been used on criminals, witches, homosexuals, minorities... It's not a helpful attitude.
Jez

Unread postby Fireslide » 7 Jan 13, 12:06 pm

Warning for everyone.

Learn to make your arguments without throwing in the personal attacks. I have no issue deleting your posts that are 99% on topic if you throw a personal attack.

On topic:
Licensing requirements are a good idea, but I agree with Mekon's point about the mostly undefined 'fit and proper person'. If someone has served their sentence and deemed fit to be released back into society, denying them the opportunity to work is not going to help in any way.

I can understand what they are trying to do with the law, they obviously want to limit the ability of motorcycle clubs that are associated with illegal activities to operate the way they currently do in society.
Fireslide

Previous

Return to Current Events