Dead Island Impressions

Re: Dead Island Impressions

Unread postby Rodimus86 » 10 Sep 11, 6:20 pm

DarkMellie wrote:Boring snoozefest when played solo.

Damn straight, me and a mate clocked up 15 hours in coop according to steam yesterday :D Now coop isnt working so i dont think ill play till thats working.
Sent from my AWSM-PT4T0 using ImaDouche 4.7
Rodimus86

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Anon. E. Moose » 10 Sep 11, 7:36 pm

The draw distance is utterly ****.
I've maxed everything out using the video.scr tweaks, it looks infinitly better, but no amount of shadow tweaking can make up for how rediculously **** the draw distance is. You can't even clearly see the beach bar from the lifeguard tower, it just looks like plastic model...
Steam: Shpleboy
Minecraft: LogicalHero
Origin: LogicalHero
Has a significantly better avatar than lee.
Anon. E. Moose

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby tranquil » 10 Sep 11, 11:04 pm

just started playing tonight, good fun, freakin hilarious co-op too. i haven't had any problems yet, played fine for me with mouse & kb didn't feel the need for a gamepad at all. that FOV fix helped alot, and also increased shadows, AA and AF settings in video.scr looks much better.
tranquil

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Wins » 11 Sep 11, 12:22 am

finished in 10 hours coop with 2 mates

was insanely fun and hilarious
Wins

Player

Unread postby CronA » 15 Sep 11, 4:24 pm

10 hours!? I've played it for a good 40 hours and still haven't finished the game. Enjoying exploring the world, cutting up zombies, crafting weapons, finding awesome loot. Yeah, is a bit buggy but really haven't had any issues at all, loving the game. Been playing co-op with a mate.
Self-proclaimed as epic
CronA

Padawan

Unread postby Mythor » 15 Sep 11, 4:31 pm

Up to 19 hours playing solo. In-game says I'm at 71% story completion. Not sure how much of the game there is to go... but jumping on zombie heads is pretty fun. :)

Knifelady sounded like fun but I've spent so much time and money repairing things. Durability on some items is woeful. :(
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Mythor

TF2 Admin

Unread postby Nekosan » 15 Sep 11, 5:11 pm

Mythor wrote:Up to 19 hours playing solo. In-game says I'm at 71% story completion. Not sure how much of the game there is to go... but jumping on zombie heads is pretty fun. :)

Knifelady sounded like fun but I've spent so much time and money repairing things. Durability on some items is woeful. :(

Yeah headstomping makes things a lot cheaper.

Just a warning to people who are going to start a co-op game, make 100% sure that everyone has received the first quest before you join your multiplayer game, if you don't have it(and someone else does) then the game will make it look like you do and NONE of your main questline data will be saved, we've had to do the first chapter 2.5 times because we derped and assumed we had the quest because it was in our log.
Nekosan

Unread postby skitzor » 15 Sep 11, 9:25 pm

Mythor wrote:Up to 19 hours playing solo. In-game says I'm at 71% story completion. Not sure how much of the game there is to go... but jumping on zombie heads is pretty fun. :)

all the acts other than 1 it's not too bad as there are repair benches everywhere (but with 19 hours game play I think you know that).

I tended to stick to the machete-based weapons due to durability issues. they also have higher range.

but yeah, if there were only a few zombies around I would jump kick to knockdown, then stomp.
skitzor

Unread postby Mythor » 15 Sep 11, 11:08 pm

Yeah it's not so bad after Act 1 when the machetes start turning up. Also have a very nice axe from one of the quest rewards. But I carry around a half dozen or more melee weapons most of the time so when one is almost worn out I can swap.
Often I'll see a heavy pipe or one of the other bludgeoning weapons and they'll have as much durability as my upgraded machete. :x

Will be replaying the first act at least as one of the other characters to see if it's just rough for everyone.
But I want to finish as Xian first. Just found yet another zombie type (Butcher) and starting to find various swords at last! :)
Mythor

TF2 Admin

Unread postby Anon. E. Moose » 16 Sep 11, 5:29 pm

All the fun is had with Sam. B.

Funnest. Fury. Ever.
Anon. E. Moose

Unread postby Nekosan » 16 Sep 11, 10:25 pm

Anon. E. Moose wrote:All the fun is had with Sam. B.

Funnest. Fury. Ever.

Yeah but i keep hulking out and then running into thugs and getting knocked on my **** for duration hahaha, just waitin on a sledgehammer :twisted:
Nekosan

Unread postby Anon. E. Moose » 16 Sep 11, 11:20 pm

Nekosan wrote:
Anon. E. Moose wrote:All the fun is had with Sam. B.

Funnest. Fury. Ever.

Yeah but i keep hulking out and then running into thugs and getting knocked on my **** for duration hahaha, just waitin on a sledgehammer :twisted:

Just crafted a Magic Wand Sledgehammer. Talk about OP. :lol:
Anon. E. Moose

Unread postby Mythor » 16 Sep 11, 11:46 pm

Finished my Xian playthrough. Lots of fun was had. Ending's a bit naff.

Started a Sam playthrough. So much easier already. That regeneration skill saves so much time. :lol:
Have done a lot more random wandering thus far, rather than sticking to the quests. Not enough reason to do it though. Other than smashing more zombies. :)
Mythor

TF2 Admin

Unread postby skitzor » 17 Sep 11, 12:29 am

Mythor wrote:Have done a lot more random wandering thus far, rather than sticking to the quests. Not enough reason to do it though. Other than smashing more zombies. :)

yeah, random wandering isn't as enjoyable as it is in fallout 3/NV, but it is still fun. random wandering gets a few pick up quests from act 1, but not as many from the other acts from what I remember.
skitzor

Dead Island Impressions

Unread postby Mythor » 17 Sep 11, 9:04 am

Was hoping there'd be some mod blueprints hidden off the beaten track but come up empty so far. Mostly just bungalows you can't get into.
Mythor

TF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to PC Gaming Chat