So for the last year it takes me half an hour to get onto a server, i join it loads and boots me saying "connection to game server has been lost"
There are no firewalls interfering
punkbuster is up to date
The common BC2 problems and solutions thread wrote:1. "Connection to the game server has been lost", "You have been kicked from the server", "Could not connect to EA Online.", Pings not showing.
- Disable any outbound firewalls
- Run game as administrator (right click, run as administrator)
- Update PunkBuster here
- Uninstall WideCap if installed
- Remove Linksys WRT54xx devices (If device not running DD-WRT)
What not to do:
I have seen many "solutions" posted that will not resolve any issues at all. Doing any of the following is a waste of time.
- Port forwarding. We are not playing a peer to peer game here. You are a client that connects to a server. There is no service running on your machine that requires inbound connectivity. If somebody tells you to port forward in order to rectify an issue with connectivity with this game, THEY ARE DOIN' IT WRONG.
- Turning off UAC in Vista/7. While this will resolve certain issues, it certainly is not the best practice, especially if you have no understanding of what UAC does. Simply running the game with administrator privileges will suffice.
- Formatting. With a little bit of perseverance, most issues can be resolved without formatting your machine
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest