Mad Cow the Real Reason Denny Crane Was So Smart in Court?

A place for discussion on food, nutrition and general well being.

Mad Cow the Real Reason Denny Crane Was So Smart in Court?

Unread postby PinothyJ » 18 Oct 12, 9:37 am

An article on MNN reports that the protein that causes 'Mad Cow' may also improve brain function. Smart people are already on the case to see if they can manipulate these protein to one day make us even smarter.

The above article references the story reported on by MedicalXpress which is also a great read.

I knew letting my GPU fold proteins in its downtime would pay off in the end…
PinothyJ

1337 p0st3r

Re: Mad Cow the Real Reason Denny Crane Was So Smart in Cour

Unread postby PirateEggs » 18 Oct 12, 12:15 pm

PinothyJ wrote:Smart people are already on the case to see if they can manipulate these protein to one day make us even smarter.

I think those "smart people" are called "scientists". :P

By learning how to manipulate this protein, scientists may one day be able to use it to make us smarter. A cure for diseases such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's could also be in the offing.

Humanity doesn't need to be "smarter". We (humanity) needs to be less ignorant, the higher intelligence the more ignorant we (as a whole) will be. The cure for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's though, that would be amazing.
PirateEggs

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Mekon » 18 Oct 12, 12:52 pm

PirateEggs wrote:the higher intelligence the more ignorant we (as a whole) will be.

Why do you equate intelligent with ignorant?
Mekon

I Draw Sustenance From Destroying Your Hyperbole

Unread postby PirateEggs » 18 Oct 12, 1:13 pm

Look at us now, we are the smartest, most powerful beings on the planet, right? No, no we're not. We just can't be bothered doing anything for ourselves so we have made **** do everything for us, every person sees themselves as more important than others. As a species we've done nothing for this planet but destroy, same to with the other occupants of this planet.
If we get more intelligent, we won't need animals to help us with anything any more, this is all dependent on how much more intelligent we would get though.

Note: I am basing it off general stereotypes, there are quite a few exceptions to this, but there aren't enough to actually make a difference.
PirateEggs

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Nightstaar » 18 Oct 12, 1:40 pm

PirateEggs wrote:Look at us now, we are the smartest, most powerful beings on the planet, right? No, no we're not. We just can't be bothered doing anything for ourselves so we have made **** do everything for us, every person sees themselves as more important than others. As a species we've done nothing for this planet but destroy, same to with the other occupants of this planet.
If we get more intelligent, we won't need animals to help us with anything any more, this is all dependent on how much more intelligent we would get though.

Note: I am basing it off general stereotypes, there are quite a few exceptions to this, but there aren't enough to actually make a difference.

I'm not entirely sure on your point from this. It's just a massive wall of babble.
Nightstaar

Story Teller

Unread postby PirateEggs » 18 Oct 12, 1:59 pm

I'm not entirely sure either.
PirateEggs

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Nekosan » 19 Oct 12, 2:16 am

Yeah... because they're ever going to be given a legal chance to test rogue prion based medicine on ANYTHING.... every government in the world is scared shitless of that stuff, hell they cull and burn cattle they even think MIGHT have a CHANCE of contracting it.
Nekosan

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby MrGood » 16 Nov 12, 10:32 am

PirateEggs - Were you drunk when you wrote that?
MrGood

Jedi Upstart

Return to Health, Food and Nutrition