Just released this mod, which adds a combat medic type character path to the game.
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/ ... p?id=37198
Are you tired of Medicine being a poor cousin of Survival? Do you have no need for stimpacks after chomping down copious pounds of battle cattle? Did you take Fast Metabolism... and regret it?
If the answer to any of these questions is "yes", then you need Starcraft Stimpacks, which makes stimpacks and medicine a new and unique combat option.*
* Medical assistance may not help against two-headed bear people.
This mod creates a new 'medic' type character path, by distinguishing medicine to give combat bonuses through stimpacks instead of health. 100 medicine with Field Medic and Chemist now gives equivalent benefits to other options.
If you have high medicine, Field Medic and Chemist you will gain a large net positive gain out of Stims.
Conversely, if you have low medicine, stims won't be so good as you might only hurt yourself for little gain - like proper drugs. If you don't have medical training irl, you will probably kill yourself trying to take morphine. Likewise, many 'recreational' drugs came out of bona fide medical drugs, which just fell into the wrong hands. This mod tries to portray what the common Fallout drugs would be like if actually used by someone with medical training.
* Stimpacks (including super stimpacks) damage the player instead of heal, and no longer restore crippled limbs.
* Stimpacks give bonus action points for 30 seconds when used.
* Stimpacks give a short bullet time effect when used as the player speeds up. The player will move normally while all enemies are slowed, as with the turbo drug.
* Medicine skill no longer affects how many hitpoints healed by a stimpack. Instead, Medicine will increase the number of bonus action points given by a stimpack, and the strength of the bullet time effect at the cost of extra health.
* Perk Fast Metabolism changed to 'Field Medic'. Field Medic has prerequisites of 70 medicine and level 12. It doubles the action points given by a stimpack and you will recover some health lost from the stimpack over 15 seconds. The amount of health recovered is affected by the medicine skill.
* Perk Chemist doubles the duration of all stimpack bonuses (bullet time, action points and heal over time with Field Medic). Prerequisite increased to 90 medicine. Stimpacks with both Field Medic and Chemist are quite powerful, so the full effects are reserved for someone with advanced medical training who knows how to administer the dose without killing themselves.
* Stimpack use noise changed to 'psycho' drug use noise.
* Stimpack trade price increased to 50.
* Stimpacks have a small chance of addiction, with withdrawal symptoms similar to turbo withdrawal. The perk Chem Resistant will reduce this chance as normal. This chance is slightly lower than other chems as most of the chem is burned up explosively.