Crysis 2 Multiplayer thoughts

Crysis 2 Multiplayer thoughts

Unread postby PowellyOCN » 25 Mar 11, 11:06 am

Hey all,
Just wondering how everyone is finding multiplayer? I played a bit of the campaign last night and really enjoyed it, but felt like some multiplayer action this morning - but I'm not having very much luck.

I tried to join one of the Games.On.Net servers to be told constantly my serial key was in use (even though I literally just activated it, and purchased from Steam) and then when I finally did get in to the server, the countdown messed up and was stuck on 1 (so the match didn't start and people RQ'd).

I've gotta say, I'm a tad disappointed seeing as they had it all worked out in the demo...
PowellyOCN

Player

Re: Crysis 2 Multiplayer thoughts

Unread postby mrbeef69 » 25 Mar 11, 11:11 am

Seems that everyone is having similar problems, I had the CD-key issue at the start but after restarting the game, at the login screen I realised that for some reason I had to re-enter the cd-key. Once I did this I no longer had the serial in use problem...

The server problem however, according to the admins, it should probably be sorted sometime today.. hopefully... For now I might just go and play a little more of the SP campaign
mrbeef69

n00bie

Unread postby Wounded » 25 Mar 11, 11:19 am

Rodi has the CD key in use problem yesterday, he was able to fix his by clearing his by closing the game, clearing the cache and cookies of his browser then going back into the game, this sounds weird but it has worked for a fair few people, so give it a shot and i hope it helps.

There has also been people mentioning that they just put in random combination of letters and numbers instead of their actual key and they have had that work as well
Wounded

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby PowellyOCN » 25 Mar 11, 11:39 am

Wounded wrote:There has also been people mentioning that they just put in random combination of letters and numbers instead of their actual key and they have had that work as well

Oh dear. What a disgrace! At least single player has been enjoyable thus far :)
PowellyOCN

Player

Unread postby Werewolph » 25 Mar 11, 11:57 am

Just tried to login to the multiplayer, seems I'm still suffering from the "Network Connectivity" bug. I've disabled firewalls on both the computer and router, disabled upnp on the router and set port forwarding for all crysis 2 ports.
3770k @4.7Ghz|Corsair H100|HAF X|Intel 520 SSD
GSkill 2133 16Gb|G1-Sniper3|GB 670 X2 @1250/6500|WD 1TB X2
1200W PSU|Win 8 Pro|XL2410T|HD598
Werewolph

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Wounded » 25 Mar 11, 12:02 pm

Do you happen to have 2 network connections for your computer??
Wounded

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby brimlad » 25 Mar 11, 12:03 pm

The login has been down most of the morning; certainly would be timely to release a patch to fix these mp issues.

cheers :)
(i7 930@3.6 x58ud7 24gbhyperx 7970x2 S27a950d)ClanPwRPlaY
brimlad

Game Admin

Unread postby Wounded » 25 Mar 11, 12:04 pm

^^ that may explain your problem
Wounded

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby PowellyOCN » 25 Mar 11, 12:05 pm

brimlad wrote:The login has been down most of the morning; certainly would be timely to release a patch to fix these mp issues.

Thanks for keeping us updated :)
PowellyOCN

Player

Unread postby Plev » 25 Mar 11, 1:57 pm

anyone able to play MP?! all the servers i join just get stuck in the lobby...
Plev

Padawan

Unread postby PowellyOCN » 25 Mar 11, 5:50 pm

Plev wrote:anyone able to play MP?! all the servers i join just get stuck in the lobby...

I've managed to play a few games, but it seems like most of the GON servers are getting stuck in the lobby.
PowellyOCN

Player

Unread postby Daemon » 19 Apr 11, 8:34 am

I think MP is fun, however there are basically no populated Australian servers. At most during peak time there are maybe 2 or 3 servers.

I usually end up on some Japanese server or some random US server I ping at 200, and I'm not the only one either as there are usually a few other 200+ pingers in there too!
Jest; An act performed for amusement; a joke; Someone or something that is ridiculed; the target of a joke; To tell a joke; to talk in a playful manner; to make fun of something or someone

Learn it...
Daemon

Regular

Return to Crysis