1) How do i change my name?
- When you're not connected to a server and you're in the main menu, click on Profile, create a profile and the name used for your profile will be your in game name.
2) How do i run the game in DX9?
- Right click on your Wars shortcut in steam, click Properties, click Set Launch Options, type in -DX9. The game will now launch in DX9 mode (runs better too).
3) How do i run Warhead/Wars in 64-bit mode like i did in Crysis?
- You can't. 64-bit is not included in Warhead/Wars.
4) How do i remove the annoying intro movies?
- Explore to the video directory, for most that will be: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\crysis wars\Game\Localized\Video
The ones you need to rename are: Intro, Trailer_EA, Trailer_NVidia, Trailer_Intel, Trailer_Crytek and Trailer_CrytekC
Because Wars and Warhead are in separate directories, this will need to be done for both games.
5) What else do i need to setup before i begin?
- Make sure Punkbuster is enabled. Enabled blood if you wish. This is done from the Options -> Game Options menu.
6) How do I prevent Gamespy Comrade from trying to install?
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\crysis wars\installers or C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\crysis warhead\installers and create a new folder named 'Disable Comrade' and then simply drag the 'GamespyComrade' folder inside.
1) I spawn and i'm dead in 2 seconds? Help!
- Remember you have a nano-suit! Use it's abilities to your advantage. You spawn in armour mode, with this mode you can take much more damage. Use your speed mode to get out of hairy situations. Use your cloak to get behind enemy lines and back rage them. Use your strength mode to snipe with precision. Go stealth, go all out, go fast, the option is completely up to you. Quick tip: stay in armour mode whenever you're not needing your other abilities. Killing someone running around in strength is oh too easy!
2) Why does it take so long to spawn?
- Make sure you're 'ready'ing yourself. When you die, you need to click the fire button to ready yourself for respawn. Good practice is to just give the fire button a few clicks as soon as you die.
3) I shot someone in the head and they didn't die... wtf??
- Silenced weapons pack less punch. Use silencers only when necessary to conceal your position. Remember, everyone's wearing nano-suits. Put two in his head for good measure.
4) Why do people always find me when i'm cloaked?
- Incase you haven't heard it yet, the cloak gives off a high pitched squeal that is quite audible from a good distance. If you're sneaking up behind someone in cloak, odds are they'll hear you before you get to them. You also give off a shadow when you're in cloak. Don't stand out in the open with the sun bearing down on you. Using Night Vision goggles makes it easier to spot cloakers too!
5) How do i get weapons in Instant Action/Team Instant Action mode?
- Weapons are scattered throughout the levels. You can also grab the weapons off dead people. To drop a weapon, press J.
6) How do i get weapons in Power Struggle mode?
- Power Struggle uses a Prestige Point system ("P" for short). You earn P by capping places and killing the enemy. Capping a Bunker will earn you 100p. Capping a War Factory will earn you 200p, etc.
7) How do i know what needs capping in Power Struggle mode?
- Pressing O will bring up a 3D view of the points on your HUD. Red means the enemy has it, Blue means you have it, White means neither team has the point. In Wars this is a toggle button, in Crysis you need to hold the button down.
8) What's the objective in Power Struggle?
- The objective is to destroy the enemy HQ. To do this you'll need nuclear weapons. To gain access to nuclear weapons your team needs to build the Prototype Factory power to 100%. This means keeping hold of the Prototype Factory and holding at least one Power Station. The more Power Stations linked to the Prototype Factory, the faster power builds.
9) Why don't people reply to me when i talk to them through text chat?
- An annoying feature that's been in Crysis since BETA is the inability to talk to "the other side". If you're dead and are in spectator, you can't talk to the alive people. If you're alive, you can't talk to dead people or people who are in spec. You need to wait till you're both either dead or alive or in spec.
1) How do i work the rifle grenade launcher?
- If you have a grenade launcher equipped rifle, you can select it by pressing X. Keep cycling through the fire modes (usually Auto/Single/Grenade) until you see the image of the grenade down in the bottom left of the screen.
2) I've seen people fire a nano disruptor grenade from the large grenade launcher weapon. How?
- You can fire nano nades from the grenade launcher by selecting the appropriate ammo. Press C (customise key) and select the ammo you want to use.
3) How do i use the remote detonated grenades from the grenade launcher?
- This is done by using your fire select key, X. You can then launch grenades with left mouse and detonate with right mouse.
Thanks to contributors: flamepro, MilkAndCereal