Warfare B.E 2.071 Re-Balanced for GON

Re: Warfare B.E 2.071 Re-Balanced for GON

Unread postby Baskerville » 31 Mar 12, 1:35 pm

Several ATGM/Metis missiles aimed at various players at well over 2k's away just disappeared and every time I thought of Freeborne.

Thank you Freeborne for making my game experience more challenging.

There were some good players on Blufor last night. (good to see mixxo making a return into the fray)
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Reddeth » 31 Mar 12, 6:53 pm

Actually, I think the 2km missile range limit was set in the mission parameters at the start, which turned out to be ok. 2-3km seems reasonable for such things if you are playing a 5km view distance setting IMHO.
Reddeth

Player

Unread postby Freeborne » 31 Mar 12, 11:17 pm

I didn't mean to alter supply income, only half the cash income, so I'll fix that soon.

2KM 'incoming missile range' is just default parameter which can be changed (Benny has it disabled by default).

I agree cash is bit hard to come by, but I'd rather find other ways to earn money instead of the free money from team income. Perhaps further increase town cap rewards and bump bounty up to 35%?
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Baskerville » 1 Apr 12, 11:09 am

No money is fine the way it is

I was sitting on values of 30k when I was caping towns ect. and then when I was commander I had $0 that's just the way it is.

Of course the high deployment value is seen by some as rigged but then when you get surrounded/TS like they did last night there isn't much you can do.

I'd be for taking team payments out completely so if your out of cash you either get some kind hearted person to give you cash or you tag along in someone elses vehicle.

I think that would see more people ganging up together rather than all spreading out.
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Reddeth » 1 Apr 12, 8:47 pm

I spent much of my last match as Commander and therefore spent the vast majority of my funds on upgrades. As Basker said, Commanders often spend much of the match broke. I will see how a long game as a normal player goes. My gut feeling is the money is slightly low in relation to buying the big ticket items late in the game (particularly if the jets/ginships are not as capable compared to Benny's edition)

Supply was definately too low, great to hear you will be fixing that.
Reddeth

Player

Unread postby Freeborne » 2 Apr 12, 11:02 am

Next version, should be ready mid-week, and uploaded in time for Friday-Sunday testing.

Changes:
    ]
  • Supply is every 60 seconds.
  • Income is every 120 seconds.
  • Fixed bounty for 2x US medic slots that weren't earning $500 bounties.
  • (Draft)Bounties doubled (again) for capturing camps/towns ($500 for camps, $1200 for town, $2000 for Mission town, $600 for assisting in capping town, $1200 for assisting in capping Mission town).
  • Commander get 60*(StartingSupply) for Town Capture bounty, instead of 30*, should give Commander enough cash to keep upgrades going IF his team is capping towns.
. (Corrected typo)

This might seem a large increase at first, but take into account the following.

Commanders rarely ask for cash before upgrading B1, G1 or LF1. Correct?
Light Factory Level 1 costs $1850 (plus 800SP). B2 costs $750 + $1150. That's why Commanders are often broke, especially in this version where other players have less disposable cash.

So taking a 10SP starting town (Jaza) Town earns the Commander $600, but Loy Monara would earn $1800. Ignoring tax, or free Team Income (which everyone gets), this is the only 'extra' money the Commander ever gets to put towards upgrades.

So a Commander can keep upgrades running in the early stages, as long as his team keeps capping Resistance towns quickly. Team Donations will still play an important part later in the game when going for expensive Level3 upgrades and Air.

As for big ticket items the most expensive aircraft is $60,000. The AH64D and KA52Black are $60,000 as they are good at killing bases and/or other aircraft.

AH64D at $60,000 is best split between two players, with one as the gunner.
Aircraft are not 'all-in-one' killing machines anymore, but can still be effective if used well.
For example, you could find enemy base, unleash several FFAR's and kill 2x AA manpads ($7000), a factory ($3000) and base rape a dozen players ($6000).
The cannon (with human gunner) can also probably take out 3 factories for another $9000.

If you're good, you should survive and go back to base to rearm. Rinse and repeat. The idea here is aircraft are not disposable 'one-shot' assets. While you return to rearm, it also gives OPFOR a chance to rebuild AA defenses or launch their own air defense.

A10's and L39's are also quite cheap, so most players will be able to fly one of these during a game.
Last edited by Freeborne on 2 Apr 12, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Baskerville » 2 Apr 12, 2:36 pm

Now that there is no AA the l-39 will come into it's own as well as the A10's rape cannon.
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby EasyC » 2 Apr 12, 4:04 pm

mucho excito.........grande!
Infamous 17th of Feb, 2013 assault on Devil's Castle.

"Kill ALL the towers, that's where the archers hide" - Baskerville.
EasyC

Regular

Location: Having a drink in a bar, watching one of the local cats lick it's bollocks.

Unread postby Freeborne » 2 Apr 12, 4:27 pm

Yeah, we'll have to see if they become too over-powered now or not.

A10 has no bombs but powerful cannon.
L39 has lots of 64 rockets. (I might reduce to 32 but they aren't that powerful)

Ways to counter them:
  • Concrete walls around factories (2nd layer of hesco's wouldn't hurt).
  • Entrench your AA man-pads behind walls and place them apart.
  • Don't place factories in a line that can be strafed.
  • Place factories in gullies that can't be hit easily from long distances

You need at least Air2 to buy them (5600SP+7600SP) at Hangar, or +4400SP at AF. At this stage, the other team should be able to afford it's own AA defense. If the other team is dominating, then I don't see a problem with them used as game-ending pieces.
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Reddeth » 2 Apr 12, 7:28 pm

Sounds like some good changes there, looking forward to trying them out on the server.

Also looking forward to using the Warthog cannon and not being blown out of the sky in 1 attack run.
Reddeth

Player

Unread postby Freeborne » 4 Apr 12, 10:48 am

I'm 70% sure I fixed the factory bounty yesterday but the mission had already been uploaded already. Next updated version (once uploaded) should have the factory bounties working.
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Mix » 5 Apr 12, 9:10 pm

Would be good if you got rid of gear penalty freeborne as it is unfair for ppl who have joined a game that has been going for a while, especially if the tank upgrades have been done.
Cheers
Mix

Player

Location: Infront of my PC, in a house, on a street somewhere

Unread postby Freeborne » 5 Apr 12, 9:44 pm

The default parameter is "Pay for Gear only if you mobile respawn at MASH or Ambulance".

As you pointed out in tonight's game, it seemed to be bugged for a few players (3 on OPFOR that I know of), who were paying for gear when respawning at base as well.

Both you and Bob made a big deal out of this, and I still don't understand why. The only disadvantage you had was paying for your gear when you died and respawned at base.
1. Why didn't you select Default Gear while respawning, to avoid the cost?
2. If you respawned at base, you'd be buying a vehicle anyway, which is probably more than the cost of your gear (unless you kitted out like a super soldier).

Not sure on the cause yet, but Zeb started the game with "Continue" and not "Play Again", which I think might be the cause. Will look into it, but either way the parameter is just a default setting the admin can change ("No Respawn Penalty" has been removed though, so it's either Full Price, Half Price, or only on mobile respawn).

It sounded like you and Bob were very unhappy with this and wanted No Gear Respawn Penalty though. I'm a bit surprised, as I thought you were one of our better players who liked a challenge. This version I have admitted is not really suited for day-time play with new players though, as it is more challenging.

I've made AT (particularly the Metis) more expensive, as it's just plain crazy people can buy the Metis for $290 and easily take out any tank at extreme range. Now it'll cost about $1800 so you should only buy them as needed (at a camp or Barracks to defend your base). If you remove Respawn Penalty, it makes all AT price changes irrelevant, as you pay once, and never pay again.

It's pretty hard to please some people. Even after reading people's suggestions in these forums, and implementing EXACTLY what they've asked for, those people have criticized the change.

Imp also complained a bit before leaving. He thought it was a joke the Stryker MGS was at LF3, because it was too powerful to be in the LF....

Goshawk wrote:As for LAV, I do feel that LF3 does not get much love, for either team to be honest but the LAV is more comparable to the BTR60 or Vodnik BPU than the BTR90 as we see it now. I wouldn't oppose moving LAV to LF2 but to be honest I don't even think the Strykers should be at HF but rather LF given how vulnerable the bloody things are.

Seriously, one RPG-7 and they're toast even with their slat armour strapped on.
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Baskerville » 5 Apr 12, 11:41 pm

Make sure you make the soldiers more expensive plz to avoid gear farming.

You should always #missions the server otherwise this is what happens.

Maybe we should make a sticky with all the commands like #beclient players ect. so that new to admin chumps can figure this s*it out.
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Goshawk » 6 Apr 12, 7:48 am

The fact that you didn't know the MGS even had thermals on it or, until as of recently, how to even use the Metis AT launcher leads me to believe you are not the right person to be doing this 'balancing'.

MGS is the equivalent of a very light tank and as of some recent beta patches is now even capable of tab locking. As such it should be the first vehicle available at HF0. The other Strykers are nearly useless as other vehicles do the same thing for cheaper and thus should be at LF. And adding the BMP2 to Blufor? Really? In UN camo? You could have at least used the CDF vehicle.
Have you even tried sitting down in the editor and playing around with all the different vehicles? Or are you relying on your years of 'experience'?

You have taken a sledgehammer to Warfare_BE when all it needed was a scalpel and as a result this mission is worse because of that. You then ignore feedback for your mission from players during your mission, unarguably the best time to be receiving it, especially from newer players who might not necessarily come to the Gon site.
Goshawk

1337 p0st3r

PreviousNext

Return to ArmA