Warfare B.E 2.071 Re-Balanced for GON

Re: Warfare B.E 2.071 Re-Balanced for GON

Unread postby Baskerville » 23 Mar 12, 10:08 am

OPFOR
Make the switch to a better career today!

**** new page...
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Freeborne » 23 Mar 12, 11:11 am

Your professional salary comes in the form of a bonus incentive program. $500 bounty for killing players can really add up (not to mention extra 10% bounty for all kills). Just kill 3 noobs, twice in a row, and then finish off their ambo, and that would earn you about $3500.

I've done this many times before, and all it got me was a pitiful $300, which didn't even cover the re-spawn cost of my Gear if I died once.

With the other changes I've made, the over-powered assets (aircraft in particular) are not so powerful now. So players who join in late have a better fighting chance. Later in the game, there is also more PvP, which is much more profitable in this game, so if you join late, just grab an ambulance and kill some players to make lots of money. You even earn more cash killing Occupation forces compared to Resistance forces!

Currently in B.E, you can guarantee after 3 hours of playing, over 80% of a player's accumulated wealth came from his 'team income' and not bounties. So if you join late in a game, no matter how 'good' you are are killing AI and players, you can never catch up to them unless you team's income is much higher than theirs. Now, PvP and bounties are higher, so if you are a real pro, you have a much better chance of catching up to them and turning the tide.
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Baskerville » 23 Mar 12, 12:00 pm

So what are you calling this and when will it be ready.

Was the WASP thing different.
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Sky Monster » 23 Mar 12, 12:47 pm

Freeborne wrote:no matter how 'good' you are are killing AI and players, you can never catch up to them

gib mony 4 jet plz 8)

Occupation giving a higher bounty than resistance is nice.
8-)

Freeborne wrote:Well said. I agree with Baskerville!

Sky Monster

Padawan

Unread postby Freeborne » 23 Mar 12, 12:48 pm

It's called "Warfare B.E V2.071 Takistan Rebalanced_1.0"

I've asked Southy to upload it so we can give it a test. I just hope I didn't miss some crucial bug that makes me look a fool :oops:

I also asked if WASP version can be uploaded too, so we can all try both versions. WASP has a lot of new features and changes I'm interested to test on a full server. Ambulances are $5500, Commander can repair factories, there is 4 upgrade levels for LF, and some factory upgrades are linked (you can't rush AF unless you have HF2), plus many more.
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby SnatchReamer » 23 Mar 12, 3:19 pm

All in all Freeborne.....Your proposed changes seem to be a good step in the right direction....I am looking forward to giving it a go.
TIGZ
SnatchReamer

Regular

Unread postby Freeborne » 28 Mar 12, 8:32 am

It's on the server, and got a test-run last night for 3 hours before the server crashed.

Seemed to be okay? Feedback???

I made a few bug fixes last night too, not long before the mission started, so depending when this mission was uploaded, a newer version probably needs to be uploaded again to replace it.
Things I fixed yesterday:
- Removed rockets from Wildcat, added FFARs. (important bug fix)
- Added Sidewinders to East/West AA manpad's. (important bug fix)
- Fixed UnitBalancing prices of AH1 and Wildcat.

Also, if you setup a game using this mission, do NOT enable EASA, as I haven't touched that yet. If you enable it you'll get $45,000 KA52's with all their rockets, etc so air spam will ruin the game.

To do:
- Remove auto-rearm from Supply Points. Basker said they auto-rearm which I've never noticed.
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Baskerville » 28 Mar 12, 3:32 pm

Just disable EASA because then you at least know what your going up against.

Everything else is solid. Don't forget those supply points either they are basically a static ammo/repair/refuel truck.

I like the factory structure much better.

Also you know when AI commander is on it builds those wall automatically is there a way to make that the standard kit when it comes to buildings? Then you don't have to encourage people to build them.

Also concrete walls... unless you think they are absolutely necessary.
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Sky Monster » 28 Mar 12, 5:06 pm

^Seeing those concrete walls makes me feel depressed.

Mission was good, though I'm not sure about MGS being in LF. M. Clarke said "but they get BTR90's" which I didn't even dignify with a response - pure ignorance there. And I was getting ~$350 from killing occupation RPG soldiers, which seems a tad excessive?

I really haven't been playing much lately because I'm sick of the server constantly crashing 2-4 hours in and wasting everyone's time. Last night was a prime example of a good game ruined by the dreaded NO MESSAGE RECEIVED. Frustratingly, We didn't get to test air which was a main selling point of this new mission.
8-)

Sky Monster

Padawan

Unread postby Freeborne » 29 Mar 12, 9:26 am

@Sky.

Remember concrete walls are 400% weaker (weaker than double hesco walls). Use them to plug holes and protect HQ from tank snipers. VERY few Commanders use walls anyway, which I still consider incredibly lazy and naive. I could make them $200 so Commander's use them sparingly.

I think the MGS and BTR90 are fair comparisons. Don't forget the super cheap BPPU either. Naturally, they each have advantages and disadvantages over each other, but LF3 seems best place for them. LF3 upgrade cost could be increased though...

I personally don't see MGS at LF3 as a problem though. For a long time, OPFOR enjoyed the BPPU@LF2 and BTR@LF3 while BLUFOR had the LAV25@LF3! The MGS was at HF2!!!

BLUFOR got to test air. AH64D could only engage targets within 2KM with the cannon (AI wasn't 100% accurate either). AA manpads have Sidewinders/R73's in the latest fixed version, so they'll be even more vulnerable in future games, particularly around bases. Most of my kills were mobility kills and not bounty kills as well.

@Basker:

I've tried to make the mission so it can be played with/without UnitBalancing. Without UnitBalancing, then EASA is fine. So the version I edited yesterday now has a warning to leave EASA disabled if UnitBalancing is on.

I could not replicate the auto-rearm/repair using the BLUFOR service point and my AH64D or Stryker MGS. Are you sure they auto-rearm/repair/refuel?

I will look into the factory templates, but I don't think so. They aren't standard ArmA2 building templates, and they are placed by scripts after the factories are built.

More fixes to do:
- Fix $3000 bounty for killing factories (not working).
- Change Supply Income to 60 seconds and not 120 seconds.
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Baskerville » 29 Mar 12, 11:20 am

Well unless you fixed the service point it should rearm you just ask any regular and they will tell you. You have to be really close and looking at it within the aircraft to get the option.

So is it only static AA that will be getting decent equipment because it is nearly impossible to shoot down a good pilot with Igla's/Stinger they are really slow and at $1000 each kind of pointless.

There was a problem upgrading on OPFOR last night so hence the MGS rape.
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Sky Monster » 29 Mar 12, 12:24 pm

Post above yours was regarding Tuesday night's game.

Yeah SP can resupply for free, its just a bit buggy and its very temperamental about where you are in relation to the SP.

I didn't know about the weaker walls, I guess that's okay then. Unless people start criss crossing them into facs.

Being able to drive around with radar and tab locking in an MGS makes it far superior to the BTR90, it would be a fair comparison if BIS removed tab locking. I don't mind the other Strykers being in LF, the MGS just seems overboard. BPPU doesn't even have zoom optics which is pretty meh.

It also looked like it only took you 2 AP rounds to kill our LF, which was annoying. Though I may be wrong about that.

OPFOR was having a hard time last night, our commander was doped up, I was fairly drunk, and basker kept having his net cut out. :58_80:
8-)

Sky Monster

Padawan

Unread postby Freeborne » 29 Mar 12, 12:47 pm

Not really, but only the static AA offers killing of very expensive aircraft with tab-locky noobness.

You have plenty of other options though. SMAWs would work, but your best bet last night would have been ZU's, BDRM's, etc (probably with no AI so I couldn't tab lock you). That base however had no static defenses or walls. I had to fly in a slow, predictable path at low altitude to use my weapons, so you should have easily killed me.

Problems upgrading? Were they bug related, or just bad teamwork and commanding?

LF takes two sabots from T72, M1A1 or MGS. HF takes 3. This is Benny standard.
BPPU/BTR90 HE (600rnd/min) takes about 5 seconds (slightly quicker than MGS).
Shilka takes about 4 seconds, and has enough rounds to kill an entire base.

AFAIK, MGS does NOT have tab-locking. I've always had problems issuing commands to my AI, no matter what order I board it (as driver or gunner). SLX or other mods might fix that though.
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Baskerville » 29 Mar 12, 12:53 pm

The MGS is just like and other tank you see contact TAB and once your gunner has the target you fire.

And when I said we had trouble upgrading it was to do with Polly.
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Reddeth » 31 Mar 12, 11:17 am

Had my first extended play on this mission on Friday night. When I finally left due sleep deprivation the game had been going for over 6 hours (I believe it ended not long after). The teams had been pretty even player wise and the sides were neck and neck for the majority of the match. A really enjoyable contest, but there were areas I felt could be improved:

1. The Economy was too sluggish, even our team controlled a 1/3 of the map and had supply fully upgraded by the mid game point. Money wasn't too bad for the early game, but Supply took forever to accumulate due to the 2 min income interval. I prefer the long game and it certainly makes upgrade decisions very strategic when Supply is so precious, but I felt things were moving a little too slowly as a result, and several players commented about it. I strongly suggest the option to pick an income interval of 1min or 90secs be considered.

2. Due to the Ecomonic restrictions both sides struggled to use Air Factories. The vast majoirty of the fighting was done by Heavy and Light vehicles, as everyone struggled to accumulate much in the way of money. I recall $20,000 being the most I ever managed to save (although I admit I spent most of my money on upgrades as I was the blue comm). I never saw a single jet from either side and never saw opfor even use a helicopter. At 6 hours in the only air units blufor managed to use were littlebirds and hueys in low numbers only.

3. We played with Arty calls enabled and set to short range. I think this was the only reason bases started to fall so fast in the end game. Both sides started using rocket artillery to soften up a base (killing the statics and units set in defence) before sending in either ground vehicles or air assaults to kill the factories. I like that the base buildings are easier to destroy, but I caution anyone about setting Arty range to anything further then short range.

4. I liked the unit balance between the two sides. We had lots of cool tank battles last night and I wasn't being hit with Metis every 2 mintues which was a nice change. I support the high AT ammo prices as a result, it made for a more enjoyable game.

In conclusion based on last night's game - in my opinion the economy needs to be tweaked to enable both sides to use the aircraft you have spent so much time tweaking, as well as all the other high end ground units. The Supply income needs to be about double what it currently is, while the income should increase by roughly 25% to 50% of its current level.
If you make this change then I can look forward to cool air battles that resemble the great ground armour balance I see you have already acheived.

Thanks for all the hard work to date! I almost forgive you for finding and blowing up all our bases so bloody often! :D
Reddeth

Player

PreviousNext

Return to ArmA