RIFT Announces 'Storm Legion' Expansion

General news and announcements

RIFT Announces 'Storm Legion' Expansion

Unread postby News Portal » 2 Jun 12, 10:59 am

RIFT is set to literally triple in size with the recently-announced 'Storm Legion' expansion, which will add two new playable continents as well as new content to fill them, and four new souls to play (one for each calling). The level cap will be pushed up to 60, and new dungeons, new raids, and a new Chronicle will be available. A trailer has been released as well with a neat bit of sci-fi bent to it, which you can click here to watch.

Read full article by GON News
News Portal

News news news news news...

Re: RIFT Announces 'Storm Legion' Expansion

Unread postby Mythor » 2 Jun 12, 11:19 am

It's four new souls, one for each calling. For those unfamiliar with Rift a "calling" is your base class - warrior, mage, cleric or rogue - and each calling has a selection of "souls" you can choose between.
As an Ascended (player character) you have the unique ability to choose three souls to use at a time, each soul having its own talent tree and associated skills. So a Rogue could have Bard/Assassin/Nightblade or Marksman/Ranger/Bard or any of a bunch of other combinations.

So adding four souls actually adds a lot more than it might appear at first glance, since you'll be able to combine a new soul with any two of the original ones for a brand new combination. :)

The expansion looks to be adding a bunch of what players have been hoping for, including the long requested capes. I think I'll have to resubscribe some time soon.
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Mythor

TF2 Admin

Unread postby Tim Colwill » 2 Jun 12, 11:26 am

Cheers! Fixed that up.
Tim Colwill

Editor in Chief

Unread postby Cyrinno » 2 Jun 12, 6:14 pm

You can always call it a WoW Clone but I like that they have kept up with adding content alot faster then alot of other MMO's WoW included.
Cyrinno

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby mantiis » 4 Jun 12, 1:14 pm

You can always call it a WoW Clone but I like that they have kept up with adding content alot faster then alot of other MMO's WoW included.

WoW beats Rift content wise but Rift is the better game as it should be considering it came out last year. The soul system also allows a player to change their role on the fly - so you can have a solo questing role, a tank class and dps without having to respec. In fact from memory i think clerics can tank, dps and heal in a raid with different soul setups.

Played the game all of last year and couldn't play TOR because of it - hated the fact that i couldn't have a dps AND tanking role in TOR. Just felt too limiting.
mantiis

Player

Return to News:: General