Star Trek Online PvP Getting Revamp In Near Future

General news and announcements

Star Trek Online PvP Getting Revamp In Near Future

Unread postby News Portal » 14 May 12, 11:28 am

Apparently the PvP in Star Trek Online sucks! You can argue with me all you like (or not), but this is a statement that has come straight from the developer's mouth. "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." Dan Griffis, the only developer currently working on PvP in the game, goes on to say he has a plan to turn things around, and there are big things ahead in the coming year. So stay tuned!

Source: Star Trek Online forum

Read full article by GON News
News Portal

News news news news news...

Re: Star Trek Online PvP Getting Revamp In Near Future

Unread postby Kinky Kel » 14 May 12, 12:31 pm

I agree with the devs. PVP sucks the donkey's nuts. The gamers have been complaining about it for ages.

I've seen a few good examples of what PvP COULD be like.. ideas generated from their fan base. They'd probably do well to listen to the people playing the damn thing.
Kinky Kel

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby a3gis » 14 May 12, 2:25 pm

Kinky Kel wrote:I agree with the devs. PVP sucks the donkey's nuts. The gamers have been complaining about it for ages.

I've seen a few good examples of what PvP COULD be like.. ideas generated from their fan base. They'd probably do well to listen to the people playing the damn thing.

I'm not one for PVP, but I agree with that sentiment. I'm cautiously optimistic though. They've revamped/improved a lot of the stuff that upset people in the past, so who knows, it may wind up decent yet.

I do hope the cross-faction stuff from PVP filters through to PVE though. It's a shame to have your fed in the same mission/alert as a klink and unable to team up for combined XP and easier support.
a3gis

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby |3lack|)eath » 15 May 12, 1:37 am

About time they did something like this.
|3lack|)eath

Player

Return to News:: General