Dick Smith Prepare for the Mother of All Gaming Sales

General news and announcements

Re: Dick Smith Prepare for the Mother of All Gaming Sales

Unread postby FalconDude » 30 Mar 12, 3:15 pm

I just called my local DS (Caloundra) to see what stock they have.

No PSP's, no DSi's, no XboxSlim's, none of the Logiteck gaming keyboards or mouses on the list....
FalconDude

Player

Unread postby exe3 » 30 Mar 12, 3:27 pm

FFFFFFFFFFF. Now everyone knows. :cry: Will be camping a store me thinks then visiting another one later in the day. May order stuff online as well with a friend. I REALLY want that PS3.
*Insert negative stuff here.*

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby nofxdaz » 30 Mar 12, 3:30 pm

I also checked for stock using their website and found that anything worth getting was out of stock just about everywhere. Only Xbox slims they had were bundled with games and no chance they will be reduced. Best bet will be to go instore Monday morning and hope the staff don't hold the best things for themselves, I know I would.
nofxdaz

n00bie

Unread postby iambeanie » 30 Mar 12, 3:42 pm

nofxdaz wrote:I also checked for stock using their website and found that anything worth getting was out of stock just about everywhere. Only Xbox slims they had were bundled with games and no chance they will be reduced. Best bet will be to go instore Monday morning and hope the staff don't hold the best things for themselves, I know I would.

hehe, working in retail we had mi-goreng noodles for $1.20 for a 5 pack, kept 5 cartons for my hungry self.
SWTOR - The Swiftsure
Volfhosef - BH
Laolath - OP

iambeanie

Padawan

Unread postby JonDogg » 30 Mar 12, 3:48 pm

Insane. There's heaps of games you would buy just because they are cheap. This gets people to walk into Dick Smith for once. No one ever goes there because they usually sell stuff overpriced with not many sales and not the greatest range.
JonDogg

Padawan

Unread postby exe3 » 30 Mar 12, 3:57 pm

Everyone needs to have a long hard look at their website and the availability of the items. I've been doing it more closely right now and this 'leak' is absolutely idiotic. This is nothing special as they're just getting rid of old stock of which there are probably only like 10 copies in the entire company. No one is gonna get much let alone the big products and given the crazy unadvertised sales i've seen in the past when walking into a store when they've wanted to get rid of stock i'd say this is a pretty common practice that has been blown completely out of proportion.

tl;dr It was too good to be true.
*Insert negative stuff here.*

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby XViper » 30 Mar 12, 4:09 pm

JonDogg wrote:Insane. There's heaps of games you would buy just because they are cheap. This gets people to walk into Dick Smith for once. No one ever goes there because they usually sell stuff overpriced with not many sales and not the greatest range.

So true. The amount of 'USB Cables' I've seen in there selling for >$20 is ridiculous. Go online and get the exact same thing for $3.
XViper

Forum Bot

Unread postby spawneh » 30 Mar 12, 5:42 pm

Sounds like its going to be like one of those deal of the day websites, you wait for the next sale, go for it and the page crashes or its already sold out as there was only 50 of them and about 10,000 people going for it.
spawneh

Padawan

Unread postby Dinwiddie » 30 Mar 12, 6:50 pm

iambeanie wrote:hehe, working in retail we had mi-goreng noodles for $1.20 for a 5 pack, kept 5 cartons for my hungry self.

mmmm - mi goreng.... like.... :agree:

Holly Catfish Batman -
Logi G9x for $20 -
Logi G13 for $10 - Should be cheap enough for die-hard conservative keyboard users to try something new, and good.
EDIT: Neither of the above on on the DSE web site...

Batman Arhkam City, Saints Row 3rd, Witcher 2 $15- ea.
Last edited by Dinwiddie on 30 Mar 12, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinwiddie is in his second childhood, and sits gazing through the fog from his crusty cave.
Dinwiddie

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Gnavin » 30 Mar 12, 6:52 pm

Yeah, it's legit but gonna sell out reaaaaaaaal quick. One thing you can be guaranteed of getting though is Xbox Live points for a bargain, so if you're after any indie games I'd snap some of those up. Most of the stores have heaps of those around.
Gnavin

Padawan

Unread postby Princess_Jade » 30 Mar 12, 7:55 pm

Gnavin wrote:Yeah, it's legit but gonna sell out reaaaaaaaal quick. One thing you can be guaranteed of getting though is Xbox Live points for a bargain, so if you're after any indie games I'd snap some of those up. Most of the stores have heaps of those around.

That^
My spider sense is tingling, have you seen my ointment?
Princess_Jade

Padawan

Unread postby Ralph Wiggum » 30 Mar 12, 8:17 pm

A friend enquired with the local Dick Smith store down the road. They just got a bunch of stock in today, but there's only going to be 5 or so Xbox Consoles available. Good luck with that I say.

Couldn't see a single game on that list I wanted. Either I'd rather wait for a Steam Sale or they're all ****. It's the accessories that had me interested. Quite frankly I'd be surprised if I could get half of what I wanted. Dick Smith always had a crummy gaming section anyways.
Ralph Wiggum

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Trixxter » 30 Mar 12, 8:36 pm

Oh lordie...

I Think I need to get a DSi...

OH LORDIEEEE.

I'm going to set an alarm for Monday.
Trixxter

Padawan

Unread postby Novocaine » 30 Mar 12, 8:38 pm

Trixxter wrote:Oh lordie...

I Think I need to get a DSi...

OH LORDIEEEE.

I'm going to set an alarm for Monday.

You mean Sunday?

Tapatalkin' like a boss
PLAYGUUU AAHHHH!
Novocaine

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Trixxter » 30 Mar 12, 8:39 pm

Question, how do you even reserve any of this stuff online? there's no store selector and the prices are full price online still? last thing I wanna do is pay 100+ for a DSi because of a bug or something.
Trixxter

Padawan

PreviousNext

Return to News:: General