Diablo III to Launch Without PvP

General news and announcements

Re: Diablo III to Launch Without PvP

Unread postby nit3hunt3r » 10 Mar 12, 1:29 pm

psychofruiterer wrote:LOL , very interesting, i already lost faith in Blizzard after the big reveal of the next wow xpack being pandas.... now they are gunna shoehorn pvp into d3 AFTER it is released, knowing full well it is impossible to balance, just like wow.

The cynic in me is telling me that it has been decided this way so that it gets reviewed on the single player experience and said reviews don't get bogged down by "the pvp sucks, it's unbalanced and horribly broken", which would likely be the case.
Way to go off on a tangent. *clap clap*
nit3hunt3r

Padawan

Unread postby Sambo110 » 10 Mar 12, 3:08 pm

psychofruiterer wrote:LOL , very interesting, i already lost faith in Blizzard after the big reveal of the next wow xpack being pandas.... now they are gunna shoehorn pvp into d3 AFTER it is released, knowing full well it is impossible to balance, just like wow.

Tell me what is wrong with Pandas being in World of Warcraft, when they have been a part of Warcraft lore long before WoW? They've even been mentioned in WoW long before now. It's not something completely out of the blue, it's a part of Warcraft lore, and it's something that will be completely different. It's a great addition in my opinion.
Sambo110

Padawan

Unread postby hellboy1975 » 10 Mar 12, 3:31 pm

Couldn't care less about PvP in Diablo 3, so I'm happy with this development. Co-op and single palyer interest me much more...
hellboy1975

Player

Unread postby Novocaine » 10 Mar 12, 3:38 pm

hellboy1975 wrote:Couldn't care less about PvP in Diablo 3, so I'm happy with this development. Co-op and single palyer interest me much more...

What this guy said.
PLAYGUUU AAHHHH!
Novocaine

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby a3gis » 10 Mar 12, 4:08 pm

Novocaine wrote:
hellboy1975 wrote:Couldn't care less about PvP in Diablo 3, so I'm happy with this development. Co-op and single palyer interest me much more...

What this guy said.

and this guy
a3gis

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby psychofruiterer » 10 Mar 12, 5:41 pm

Sambo110 wrote:Tell me what is wrong with Pandas being in World of Warcraft, when they have been a part of Warcraft lore long before WoW? They've even been mentioned in WoW long before now. It's not something completely out of the blue, it's a part of Warcraft lore, and it's something that will be completely different. It's a great addition in my opinion.

Nothing wrong with it , if that's fine to you!
Personally, i don't find it appealing, which was my opinion.
Only used it to point at where i started to lose interest in Blizzard products.

I stand by the opinion that the pvp (when added) , will be the old familiar wow flavor of the month , where they fix the issues with one class at a time, only leading to having to constantly switch classes to change stuff to fix balance, again and again.

Although , with the addition of a real money auction house, that could get very amusing to watch happen!
psychofruiterer

Padawan

Unread postby Vencha88 » 10 Mar 12, 6:26 pm

It's just Blizzard being their usual "Take someone else's idea and polish the hell out of it" self. I don't see Activision or the Illuminati involved in this, just a Producer wanting the game shipped.
Vencha88

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby dab » 10 Mar 12, 6:34 pm

a3gis wrote:
Novocaine wrote:

What this guy said.

and this guy

Along with those guys.
dab

Player

Unread postby Marius » 10 Mar 12, 6:37 pm

If it's any consolation to the people crying DLC and unfinished games, Diablo 1 and 2 wasn't even balanced for PvP, or had any PvP features beside setting players to hostile so you could steal their stuff.

So it looks like on that reasoning, Blizzard has done an epic troll for the past 18 years getting everyone to play unfinished games with DLC that never came.

Or in other words, Diablo is a co-op series first and foremost. It doesn't need PvP to be finished.
Marius

Needs more Cleric

Unread postby Ooshp » 10 Mar 12, 6:58 pm

dab wrote:
a3gis wrote:
Novocaine wrote:What this guy said.

and this guy

Along with those guys.

Room for one more?

Good news! They won't be gimping class skills for 98% of the players just to balance the 2% who PvP and constantly whine about which abilities are OP.
Ooshp

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Minkelz » 10 Mar 12, 7:52 pm

I think this is really slack of Blizzard. A PvP arena was playable at blizzcon 2010.

How can something be in a playable state and then be cut for a release 18 months later. No one gives a **** about the balance, there was certainly none given for Diablo 2 and plenty of people still had fun. I'm not convinced they achieve a more balanced game when they try to develop for one anyway (cough WoW/sc2).
Minkelz

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Nekorose » 10 Mar 12, 8:00 pm

Ooshp wrote:
Good news! They won't be gimping class skills for 98% of the players just to balance the 2% who PvP and constantly whine about which abilities are OP.

Nya, i didn't even know diablo 2 had pvp :P if they hadent say anything i don't think it would have even come up for me :D

cant quote to many in a single post :O i learn something
<has a cookie love.
Nekorose

Regular

Unread postby Subedai » 10 Mar 12, 10:27 pm

SomeXspeC wrote:Quite frankly it is disappointing and I'm starting to believe that Diablo III will not live up to the quality we've come to expect from Blizzard.

This. I don't much care one way or the other about PvP, it's more the implications of removing planned content that has me concerned. I am actually hoping it's for future micro-transaction DLC and not because the game is a flailing aircraft the crew is trying to lighten before it falls out of the sky.
Subedai

Padawan

Unread postby SA soldier » 11 Mar 12, 12:13 am

There are so many good points made by GON readers here. I would suggest most people will not have a problem with this as long as the single player experience is flawless. And when PVP is finally patched in it is equally as good and completed.

If say the game were released and they were initiating ninja patches to fix immediate problems then that would seriously harm D3 as a game and Activ/Bliz as corps.

This is not a title they want to stuff up. Whatever hits the shelves/download page has to be flawless to live up to expectations which are huge for this game.

Release dates aside, I'd rather they cut PVP out than release it broken and unbalanced. Don't forget single player is going to include the massive trade post / trader / shop / store (whatever you want to call it) which is a new and huge aspect of the game for them to focus on getting right. People will be paying real money for in game items and if that hits the fan it would be far more catastrophic than say issues with broken PVP mechanics and gameplay.
A code is only as difficult to decipher as it's creator is intelligent.
SA soldier

Padawan

Unread postby Marcus Dunn » 11 Mar 12, 10:05 am

It sounds to me like their 'We'll release it when it's done' ideals of yesteryear are no longer applicable.
Marcus Dunn

Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to News:: General