The only thing better than picking up a game you have been wanting for ages is scoring a preowned copy and getting it super cheap as well!
Sometimes however, our adorable preowned games have seen so much love in the past that their cases have been lost. But never fear, because we are always happy to give them an extreme makeover and hook them up with brand new cases so they can start their new life with you.
But all good things must come to an end, and the old-school cover arts for our replacement cases are being replaced. This is why we want to give you, our highly artistic and fabulous Social Media Community, a chance to design a super bad-ass new cover for preowned games!
Hold up! Put that pen down, there are a few more details first. There are several categories for preowned games, and each one needs a different cover so get your drawing hats on and enter as many times as you like for as many categories as you like! The only catch is, designs cannot feature any copyrighted material, so leave the fan art at home.
Prize? You ask. What Prize? We will take all of the best entries from each category and put them up for the art critics amongst you to judge and vote on. The winner for each category will score a $200 EB Games Gift card and a chance to be part of EB Games history.
The categories and dimension details are listed below, so download a copy of the template above,grab your pen, paper, paint, tablet or tomato sauce and get designing!
Here are the categories, as well as a small description to help you get started. Remember, you can’t use any copyrighted material in your design!
· Shooters – Lots of action, big dudes wearing camo, ‘splosions!
· Adventure/RPG – Jumping,running, collecting things!
· Racing/Sports – Scoring a goal in the FIFA World Cup or Drifting a Veyron at 200km/h.
· Family – Chilling out with family and getting in a few rounds of Wii bowling.
· Puzzle – Why doesn't that block fit there? How do I unlock the library? ARGH!
You can hand draw your entry, use photoshop or other software, or whatever means to create your entry! Multiple entries are permitted. Remember, you can’t use any copyrighted material in your design!
How do you submit your entry? To submit your entry, send us an email to social.media[AT]ebgames.com.au with the subject line Preowned Game Case Competition. Please include your full name and email.
Here is a example template for the design:
Now how do you use it? The black space at the top of the template is where we'll chuck the game platform (Xbox 360, PS3, PC etc) - so make sure you leave this space free. Feel free to use this template or make your own. If you make your own, it needs to be the same dimensions and have a space up the top for the platform.
Have a question? Post below, or ask the Mods on the wall!
Now get creating!
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is Electronics Boutique (ABN 50077681442), 25 Backhouse Pl, Trade Coast Central, Eagle Farm QLD, 4009.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions
3. The competition is open to all residents of Australia.
4. The promotion commences 04:00pm AEST 04/04/13 and closes 4:00pm AEST 25/04/13. The end date is subject to change. The competition will be monitored and judged by representatives appointed by the promoter. The representative’s decision in relation to all aspects of this promotion is final and binding on all who enter and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. Finalists will be judged on creativity and artistic skill by a panel of judges.
6. It is the winner’s responsibility to respond by email and advise their details for further correspondence regarding delivery/pick up of the prize. The winner may be required to supply their postal details to receive their prize. Failure to do so, or failure to reply to the email within 72 hours may result in another winner being chosen.
8. EB Games reserves the right to make the final decision on any and all designs at our discretion.
I know that we have some very talented artists on these forums. Here's your chance to showcase it Australia wide.
EDIT: I do not represent EB Games in any way. I just spotted this and thought of GON's art community.
If you want to share your entries here, feel free to do so.