News and announcements relating the latest gaming hardware

Re: The World’s Most Customisable Mouse

Unread postby Deserteagle1266 » 9 Feb 11, 1:02 pm

15 buck post office mouse ftw :D
Deserteagle1266

Padawan

Unread postby Vencha88 » 9 Feb 11, 1:06 pm

I'm pretty sold on the G9x. Not as many features as that thing, but comfortable and I can change the size and weight plus change the sensitivity on the fly.
Vencha88

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby RogerTheIncredible » 9 Feb 11, 1:10 pm

I'd like a mouse that reshapes itself to my specific grip and places buttons in the area most ergonomic for my particular hand.
RogerTheIncredible

Story Teller

Unread postby HairyMerkin » 9 Feb 11, 1:33 pm

RogerTheIncredible wrote:I'd like a mouse that reshapes itself to my specific grip and places buttons in the area most ergonomic for my particular hand.

And it's also a living organism.
HairyMerkin

Regular

Unread postby Mearehear » 9 Feb 11, 1:58 pm

It looks like someone took my G9, hit it with a hammer, then gave it to the local primary school to glue back together again..
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Novocaine » 9 Feb 11, 2:14 pm

I like the idea of being able to change the weight. Though I'll stick with my Razer mouse for now.

Also did this really deserve an entry in the Guinness world record book? -_-
PLAYGUUU AAHHHH!
Novocaine

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Marius » 9 Feb 11, 2:19 pm

Customisation is good, but there's a big difference between using default settings and the level of customisation you can find on most mice. Most brand mice offer enough customisation.

It's also not the most important thing. I really like my Razer Lacheis because the glide on it is the best I've found. After using the Lacheis the G9 felt like a paperweight.

I'll take a mouse reknowned for accuracy, reliability and glide over customisation any day.
Marius

Needs more Cleric

Unread postby diamondd » 9 Feb 11, 2:44 pm

SuBw00FeR wrote:
nafem wrote:deathadder, i rage, i throw it, i slam it.

only mouse i have not been able to kill, had it for few years now. good investment

Interesting because I had the same mouse and didn't do any of that, and it broke.

Interesting because I have it and mines bulletproof too :P 3 years of abuse and its still magic, love it.

Bronze_D wrote:don't see what's wrong with customization,

A few years back, we couldn't even adjust sensitivity on the fly... now i can't imagine playing my games (BC2 and MWLL in particular) without it. A few years back, if you don't like the mouse weight then you gotta buy a different one end of story... A few years even further back, some of you uses mouse and other hardware on DEFAULT setting and never changed it till they use someone else's mouse and declare it the best **** ever because it has been tailored to handle better.

Some of us don't change settings ever, and try to adapt to the hardware or software instead, others like me says **** that and customize it to what we like to the best extent.

too much variable to think about? not the mouse for you then... but after dealing with saitek sticks in particular i can appreciate customizability after experiencing how much difference a good hand adjustment makes, takes a while to do it but god damn screw those idiots that chose not to and use default.

never tried on the fly sensitivity switching, can't imagine myself liking it though. All I want is the distance traveled to translate to the degrees turned identically in every game I play, with any weapon (without using the sights). If I've got that that's all I need.
diamondd

Unread postby Bronze_D » 9 Feb 11, 3:00 pm

The reason why those 2 games in specific benefit from the on the fly sensitivity is because the vehicles do not handle the same way as the infantry part.

none the less, there is a damn good reason why the feature is becoming relatively common these days on gaming mice... if you are fine with your mouse, then that's perfectly A ok, but if they give the option for more then i don't see why the hell not.

You are fine with yours need not translate to "NO ONE ELSE WILL EVER NEED IT BECAUSE I DON'T NEED IT".
Marius wrote:Customisation is good, but there's a big difference between using default settings and the level of customisation you can find on most mice. Most brand mice offer enough customisation.

It's also not the most important thing. I really like my Razer Lacheis because the glide on it is the best I've found. After using the Lacheis the G9 felt like a paperweight.

I'll take a mouse reknowned for accuracy, reliability and glide over customisation any day.

technically mouse skates been around for ages along with special mouse pad to fix the glide friction feel just right, mouse internal weight are not rare these days either and for a good reason.

so really, neither of them are a problem that customization can't handle.

accuracy and reliability, now those r different story (though frankly since most gaming mice uses similar grade infrared or laser sensor they are not exactly different)
Bronze_D

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Elfraddor » 9 Feb 11, 3:07 pm

G5 Rev2. Still pwning suckers after 4 Years. I don't see any reason to change it until it breaks on me.
Elfraddor

Padawan

Unread postby Boognish » 9 Feb 11, 3:22 pm

i am waiting for someone to make a gaming version of this mouse:

keeps ya bones nice and straight

i use it at work and when i have epic sessions on my G9 at home i get carpal tunnel... i find it more natural for the hand to move up and down rather than left and right
Boognish

Padawan

Unread postby Spooler » 9 Feb 11, 3:25 pm

SuBw00FeR wrote:
nafem wrote:deathadder, i rage, i throw it, i slam it.

only mouse i have not been able to kill, had it for few years now. good investment

Interesting because I had the same mouse and didn't do any of that, and it broke.

haha mine has literally been all around the world with me and still works flawlessly
DarkMellie wrote:I love Wang.

Disco LT wrote:Love Gaytimes

GoN, where no one is afraid to show their love gaytimes or wang.
Spooler

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby diamondd » 9 Feb 11, 3:26 pm

Bronze_D wrote:The reason why those 2 games in specific benefit from the on the fly sensitivity is because the vehicles do not handle the same way as the infantry part.

none the less, there is a damn good reason why the feature is becoming relatively common these days on gaming mice... if you are fine with your mouse, then that's perfectly A ok, but if they give the option for more then i don't see why the hell not.

You are fine with yours need not translate to "NO ONE ELSE WILL EVER NEED IT BECAUSE I DON'T NEED IT".

lol, sorry if I came across like that, didn't mean to :P

using it for hopping into vehicles is interesting, i'd always heard of people using a different sensitivity for sniping and stuff and that sounded like a terrible idea to me.
diamondd

Unread postby RogerTheIncredible » 9 Feb 11, 3:42 pm

diamondd wrote:using it for hopping into vehicles is interesting, i'd always heard of people using a different sensitivity for sniping and stuff and that sounded like a terrible idea to me.

Really? I lower my sensitivity a touch for sniping in games like BF:BC2, helps with the long distance head shots as you are able to adjust for shots with small movements of your crosshair. For running and gunning I have the higher sensitivity so I can turn and get to my target faster; I generally will be aiming for the upper torso as opposed to the head specifically.
RogerTheIncredible

Story Teller

Unread postby Marius » 9 Feb 11, 4:14 pm

Bronze_D wrote:technically mouse skates been around for ages along with special mouse pad to fix the glide friction feel just right, mouse internal weight are not rare these days either and for a good reason.

so really, neither of them are a problem that customization can't handle.

Customising the glide of the mouse skates is impossible to a degree because it's dependent on the profile of the casing.

The G9 sits far too low for my liking, meaning it drags on the thick cloth mats I use to keep my hand comfortable. Adding even more teflon won't fix this. Nor would switching pads, as I hate smoother pads because it leads to hand pain over a prolonged period.

The Logitech G series of mice also suffer from a problem where they fit into the palm rather than the fingertips, which seems to reduce my accuracy.

From the looks of the rat mouse or whatever it's called it would also suffer from these problems. The casing looks extremely top heavy and far too clunky. I can't see any way to change the casing to actually be comfortable.
Marius

Needs more Cleric

PreviousNext

Return to News:: Hardware