The 3DS: An official fact sheet

News and announcements relating the latest gaming hardware

The 3DS: An official fact sheet

Unread postby News Portal » 16 Jun 10, 4:05 am

[comp=39]Nintendo[/comp] are still being coy about much of the inner workings of everyone's new favourite toy (as well as when we can actually get hold of it), but what facts and figures they are willing to spill can be found in this helpful fact sheet. A telescoping stylus? Well I never!

Read full article by Brenna Hillier
News Portal

News news news news news...

Re: The 3DS: An official fact sheet

Unread postby Novocaine » 16 Jun 10, 1:35 pm

I remember seeing early footage of the 3DS stuff and thinking "no **** way". Pretty damn cool, looking forward to trying one out.
PLAYGUUU AAHHHH!
Novocaine

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby exe3 » 16 Jun 10, 2:48 pm

where can I find footage!!!! O_O
*Insert negative stuff here.*

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby Dexterian » 16 Jun 10, 3:05 pm

Will be trading in my DSi for this... definitely.
Dexterian

Story Teller

Unread postby tranquil » 16 Jun 10, 4:37 pm

so it's just another rehash then, same cpu/gpu hardware?
tranquil

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby PalZer0 » 16 Jun 10, 4:52 pm

Still no GBA slot? Did Nintendo learn nothing from the DSi?
DRM is like kids. The less you have, the better.

Twitter | Facebook | Steam | Xfire | Raptr
3DS Friend Code: 5386-8114-8658
PalZer0

Unread postby jpeyper » 16 Jun 10, 4:56 pm

PalZer0 wrote:Still no GBA slot? Did Nintendo learn nothing from the DSi?

well it has a 3ds and a ds game slot. so i guess it does support backward compatibility. just not that far back.

and quite rightfully so. the ds is 5 (?) years old now, so the GBA is even older than that. move on from GBA, and if you want to play GBA games, buy a GBA off ebay and be done with it.
jpeyper

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby tranquil » 16 Jun 10, 5:09 pm

imo GBA games are still better than anything released so far on the DS, guess i'll be hanging on to my DSL for a while longer then. the only reason i'd upgrade to a newer DS model is if Golden Sun DS requires it.
tranquil

Unread postby PalZer0 » 16 Jun 10, 5:16 pm

The GBA slot isn't just for GBA games. Some games make use of the GBA slot for special peripherals (Guitar Hero immediately comes to mind).
DRM is like kids. The less you have, the better.

Twitter | Facebook | Steam | Xfire | Raptr
3DS Friend Code: 5386-8114-8658
PalZer0

Unread postby TheTacoMan » 17 Jun 10, 3:04 am

PalZer0 wrote:The GBA slot isn't just for GBA games. Some games make use of the GBA slot for special peripherals (Guitar Hero immediately comes to mind).

It's also the ONLY game to come to mind.

GBA was great, GBA has legacy, but lets face it guys, GBA is dead. There will always be ROMS and EMULATORS if you are desperate, and EBAY if you are even more. It'll be two generations old when the 3DS comes out, do you see people complaining that the PS3 can't play PS1 games?

HOWEVER! If we are lucky, Nintendo will extend it's virtual console service to the 3DS, and we'll be able to DL classic GBA games anyway! Everyone wins?

GBA-slot aside, i'm actually REALLY pissed off right now. I'm pissed off with how fantastic the DS looks (graphically), how great it's features look, and how many shockingly good games will accompany it's launch (Kid Icarus, Street Fighter IV, Starfox, METAL GEAR SOLID?!?!?!). I was kind of hoping it would be bad so i could hold off buying it until the inevitable first or second redesign (as i only recently traded my DSL for a DSiXL) but now it looks like i'm getting it day one. Damn you Nintendo!

Ironically, the 3D thing doesn't excite me that much..
TheTacoMan

Padawan

Unread postby TheTacoMan » 17 Jun 10, 3:07 am

Acheron wrote:imo GBA games are still better than anything released so far on the DS, guess i'll be hanging on to my DSL for a while longer then. the only reason i'd upgrade to a newer DS model is if Golden Sun DS requires it.

Wow, really? You still think that NOTHING on the DS has compared to the GBA? Judging by your love of Golden Sun, i'm amusing your a weaboo, so what about the various FF games released on DS? What about the FF Tactics Advance 2, that was pretty much a straight upgrade of the GBA version?

I know it's just your opinion, but i'm kind of surprised people still think this! To me, while containing an inordinate amount of shovelware, the DS has had some of the greatest games of ANY portable.

PS: Did you see the new GS DS gameplay footage from E3? It looks fantastic! GS was one of the very few JRPG's that i actually enjoyed!
TheTacoMan

Padawan

Unread postby tranquil » 17 Jun 10, 8:15 am

nah i exaggerated a bit there lol. just sick of the shovelware the DS has, seemed alot less on the GBA, which i have very fond memories of playing Golden Sun and am pretty excited over the new one, although i haven't heard anything about it for ages.

and weaboo, what? don't even know what that is :lol: never got into FF tactics much. i haven't actually played my DS a whole lot since i got it, only for the odd RPG now and then, i really liked Suikoden & Chrono Trigger.
tranquil

Unread postby Mekon » 17 Jun 10, 8:18 am

TheTacoMan wrote:It'll be two generations old when the 3DS comes out, do you see people complaining that the PS3 can't play PS1 games?

It can... and they keep trying to gouge people for buying digital downloads of old PS1 games on the PSN store. :P

People do complain that it won't play PS2 games, though.
Mekon

I Draw Sustenance From Destroying Your Hyperbole

Unread postby tranquil » 17 Jun 10, 9:10 am

also that's hardly a fair comparison, the 3DS may be two generations newer but as i said before it still uses the same cpu and graphic hardware. there's only so much the current DS hardware can do, meaning we still have the same games visually & technically more or less.

that obviously can't be said for the generation gap between ps1 & ps2. it may have few extra bells and whistles but i'd hardly call it a 'next-gen' DS.
tranquil

Unread postby TheTacoMan » 17 Jun 10, 2:03 pm

Acheron wrote:also that's hardly a fair comparison, the 3DS may be two generations newer but as i said before it still uses the same cpu and graphic hardware. there's only so much the current DS hardware can do, meaning we still have the same games visually & technically more or less.

that obviously can't be said for the generation gap between ps1 & ps2. it may have few extra bells and whistles but i'd hardly call it a 'next-gen' DS.

Uhh, don't know if you've watched any trailers for 3DS games, but it's CPU and graphics hardware have been upgraded a LOT. It's at at least PS2/Gamecube level now, so yeah.
TheTacoMan

Padawan

Next

Return to News:: Hardware