Please note: A troublemaker is someone that is breaking the Rules, not dolphin divers, c4 chuckers, noob tubers etc. etc.
Also note that creating a thread in the BF2 forums complaining IS NOT one of the options!
Below is a brief summary of what can be done. More information is given in detail below the summary, so if you need any advice on any of these steps continue reading!
- - NICELY inform the troublemaker they are breaking the rules
- If warnings are ignored jump onto IRC (#gamesonnet on Gamesurge) and grab an admin using !admin BF2 <Server> < Offenders Name> <Offence>
- If you cant get hold of an admin, take a screenshot of the scoreboard showing server details and with the players name visible, screenshot of the offence, server name, time (with time zone), date, player name and submit a submit a cheat/troublemaker report
- You will then be notified the outcome of the submission via a PM from an admin within a day or two (depending on the number of submissions waiting and complexity of the submissions)
Available admins will idle on #ign on gamesurge. This can be accessed in several ways.
1- Click the IRC link up the top right of this page. This will direct you to http://games.on.net/pages.php?page=irc
2. Using your own IRC client (eg. mirc) connect to #gamesonnet gamesurge.
/server -m irc.gamesurge.net:6667 then /j #gamesonnet
Once connected to the channel, type
!admin BF2 <Server> < Offenders Name> <Offence>
Hopefully an admin will be able to jump into the server and help out. However sometimes admins will be unavailable. If this is the case then you will need to submit some evidence of the offender to us so we can ban them once an admin is available.
To get someone banned on a submission we will need several things
- - A screenshot of the scoreboard with the server tab dropped and with the offenders name visible. This is needed to show that the offence actually occurred on our servers. To take a screenshot, press the print screen button on your keyboard. The screenshots can then be located at C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\Battlefield2\Screenshots
hint: If the server details are not showing up in the server tab on the scoreboard, you can either;
1. escape to the in game browser, highlight the server, scroll to make sure offenders name is visible and use FRAPS to take a screenshot or
2. use this page http://games.on.net/gameservers.php
to see who is playing on what server and take a screenie of that.
- We also need a screenshot of the offence taking place. If you miss the event while it's happening, you can always download the bf2 recorder file (provided you're a node customer) and then get your evidence that way. For more info on obtaining demos click Here. The more evidence you can present us with the better. One inconclusive screenshot makes life difficult and will delay a decision being made. Several screenshots over a round of the troublemaker breaking the rules will be dealt with in a much more timely manner.
- Also needed is the server the problem occurred on, the time of the offence, the date of the offence, the player name and what the player was doing wrong. Note this down and include it with your submission.
eg. Internode BF2 #, 19:45 (and your time zone), 6/1/06, John Doe, Team killing for vehicles
Submissions like "Thursday on one of the wake servers one of the [**] Clan members was bombing the carrier" are no good to us.
To submit them, you will need to put your screenshots in a compressed folder. To do this go to your screenshot folder and find the files your after. Select all the screenshots you require (left click while holding ctrl to select multiple files) then right click --> send to --> Compressed (Zipped) Folder.
Next step is to send them to us. To do this click Support Tools up the top of the page and submit a cheat/troublemaker report . Attach the previously zipped folder and submit. This form is the same across all games, so don't worry about the Players STEAM Key/UID field, for BF2 and 2142, the players name will suffice.
This may take a while depending on the size of the submission, so be patient.
Now all there is to do is wait for the admin to reply and tell you the outcome of the submission!!
Please note we cannot accept submissions with modified localisation files.
halfacow edit: included options for scoreboard screenshot problems