Clarification of rules thread wrote:
* [Re - Cleansweep] Runway on cleansweep = outside uncap zone. (ie easy way to tell, 1 spawn point covers both uncap and runway = inside uncap zone, 1 spawn point for uncap, 1 for runway = outside uncap zone)
* Just remember that you cannot use armour or air vehicle to shoot in to the red circle. U can with kit weapons though.
* Shooting into the spawn is not allowed either
* [Re - Cleansweep] the whole complete runway is fine on cleansweep, the uncap point is off to the left. use my simple explanation - on cleansweep you have 2 spawn points, 1 INSIDE the uncap and 1 on the runway, therefore the runway is free-for-all. however had there been 1 spawn point that meant you got spawned in either the uncap or runway, then it'd have been part of the uncap and off limits. by spawn point i mean clickable white dots to spawn (not actual places you spawn since 1 spawn point = many spawning areas).
* the icon is the uncap (work off zoomed out). doesn't matter that you can't cap the runway, it's still free for all as they can always spawn back in the base if they don't want to die.
* Carriers are offlimits, however for other bases, some runways aren't covered by the uncap rule as they are outside the uncap (ie no part of them is under it). The carrier runway is part of the uncap so it's completely covered by the uncap rule. cleansweeps runways are fair game, no part under uncap zone, 2nd spawn point in the uncap, use that if you don't want to get camped.
* blocking runways is different to camping runways. blocking runway = parking in vehicle stopping planes taking off (only time we'll deal with someone when at a runway that isn't classed as uncappable). spawn camping = killing people around those areas. now they can be spawn camping and blocking or spawn camping and not blocking. the guy that this original thread was about was spawn camping (as he was allowed to) but NOT blocking the runway as he was off to the side of it. Planes could still take off..provided they avoided his fire.
* 1 spawn covering both uncap flag area and runway = classed as uncappable. 1 spawn covering runway and 1 covering uncap flag area = runway not uncappable.
* [Re - Wake Is.] The US carrier comes under the uncappable spawn point rule. Attacking this uncap with anything other than kit weapons is a bannable offence. The island with the US arty cannons is fair game and is open to bombing/attacking at all times.
* [Re - Wake Is.] Under the normal rules, the island is free-for-all.
* If there is a big red circle with a line thought it.. Dont touch it unless its with your kit weapons. If there is not big read circle, then you may do as you please within the rules.
* Yes it's uncappable, but it's not an "uncappable flag" which is what we have defined as areas that can't be touched. There's no flag there - Red circle in other words.
* Snipers can pick you off all they like as you spawn, they are using their kit weapons, as for the planes bombing you, that's a no go. They can camp your spawn all you want, as long as they only use their kits weapons (you guys can use your tanks/vehicles to get them instead)..they shouldn't survive long in an uncappable if this is the case, might i suggest killing them?
* Cool to steal and escape, just don't kill anyone on the way out
* Yes stealing vehicles/aircraft is perfectly allowed, just as long as you do NOT kill in the uncap with it.
This new rule basically says arty in now Free For All.
C4'ing Spawn Points
* seems a reasonable tactic to me - Just dont let them get close enough to the flag! Hopefully you also have a live squad leader that gives another spawn option as well.
* as long as theyre not using vehicles it's legal
* we dislike having people put the text in the middle of the screen and if they used the language you say, that'll add to their holiday.
* txt chat right in the middle of the screen annoys the hell out of me & gets in everyone way. People that do it will find them selves kick from the server.
Miscellaneous comments from 'Udated BF2 Rules.
* [Re - Stealing vehicles inside uncap] I recommend that you either gun them down from on foot before getting in the vehicule, or hop in the tank and trust it's armour to protect you as you hightail it out of there.
* [Re - Stealing vehicles inside uncap] As long and you only engage the enemy with the weapons that are in your kit, you are OK. If you do this with anything other than what is in your kit you are in the wrong. So attacking from the jeeps machine guns is a no no.
* [Re - Uncap bases] the new rules say anyone can go in the uncap as ANY kit to do anything there killing/camping/objectives as long as they only use their kits weapons
* [Re - Uncap bases] on some maps the airstrip is like miles away from the uncap. So as long as you are "fair" in your distance from the uncap, then shoot to kill baby. (note: this does not include shooting into the uncap area from long distances)
* [Re - Disruptive play] We've banned a few peeps for bad names already. Same applies to all servers. the auto TK ban is only until the end of the round
* [Re - Disruptive play] Retaliation is no excuse
Joker wrote:During the period on a server where there are less players connected than are required to start the game, a majority of the games.on.net Battlefield 2 Rules do NOT apply.
Team Kill Punish is NOT enabled, you cannot capture flags, the server is NOT ranked, you do NOT gain points, and the server is not recording demos.
Should people start Team Killing, and you not wish to participate, please simply don't spawn. Once the necessary number of players have joined the server the round will be reset and the game will commence as per normal.
games.on.net Battlefield 2 Rules not related to the above still apply, as do the standard set of games.on.net Rules. Some of these that do apply are as follows:
Other things can also be considered bad behavior and, at the discretion of the game admins, can also attract a permanent ban from the games.on.net Games Network. Some examples, but by no means a complete list, include:
Excessive swearing or verbal abuse;
Threatening or harassing other players;
Impersonating game admins, games.on.net staff, or anyone else you shouldn't;
Microphone Spamming (mics are used for tactics not music or banter)
Using names that other players may find offensive;
Failing to comply with admins directives;
Breaking the law.
- No exploiting game or map glitches and bugs. (eg: gaining access to the inside of building/walls, increasing speed of vehicles with modded files/or colliding with map objects. Using C4 on friendly spawn points)
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests