MMA discussion thread

Forum for those gamers that do get outside

Re: MMA discussion thread

Unread postby CrazyMonkey » 26 Feb 12, 10:26 am

Hidden: show
pity none of us picked Tamura...KO of the night imo, and it's just the first fight...lol.
CrazyMonkey

Game Admin

Unread postby Sathias » 26 Feb 12, 10:28 pm

BEST. UFC. EVER.

A few thoughts...

- I have no idea how anyone could have scored the main event for Edgar. Henderson beat the piss out of him and was never in trouble. And Edgar saying he thought he "did enough" while not giving Henderson any credit destroyed the respect I got for him after the third Maynard fight.

- Rampage looked like ****.

- MMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRKKKKKKKKHHHHHHHUUUUUUNNNNNNTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOO

- Shields deserved the win, through striking no less... but not the greatest fight.

- Holy ****... Redneck Judo strikes back. I was going nuts in the third round when Boetsch turned the fight around.

- Showtimes kicks are ridiculous :shock:

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Robert Anton Wilson
Sathias

Not allowed to leave

Unread postby Tera » 26 Feb 12, 10:52 pm

I agree with all of the above.
Tera

Head of the International GONlympics Commission

Unread postby Nekosan » 27 Feb 12, 7:04 pm

CrazyMonkey wrote:[hidden]pity none of us picked Tamura...KO of the night imo, and it's just the first fight...lol.

I didn't pick him to win but I had $300 on him because of the odds and the fact that all krazy bee fighters swing for the fences lmao, won me $1800 (how am i on top now, wtf).

My picks were TERRIBLE this time around, actually did better on my bets for once.

Gomi:
WTF, i swear Gomi has been training with Jardine or something, i've NEVER seen his stand up look THAT dodgy, that was embarrassing to watch.

Yamamoto:
WHY U ALWAYS LET ME DOWN? Looked great up until he got caught, pissed me off REALLY badly, pretty much the only thing Lee could do from the failed triangle is attempt to sweep or transition to the armbar and he STILL got caught, that's literally the first or second thing people learn at bjj... basic transition from triangle to armbar lol (though it was a mint transition).

Rampage:
Nostalgia made me pick Jackson, should have picked Bader, **** me how you can be a mixed martial artist for more than a decade and have the ground game of a paralyzed white belt.

Also pretty amazed posting during that slam didnt break Baders arm, must have been pretty damn close.

Fukuda
My boy as always, relentless as hell, love the fact that he throws everything with murderous intent (he's like a tiny, japanese Jerome Lebanner) and still has a vicious ground game.

Mizugaki v Cariaso
ROBBERY! I may have to re-watch but my initial impression was that was one of the worst judges decisions i have ever seen (as reflected by the entire stadium booing), if that decision had been a Brazilian in Brazil then the stadium would have burned after the first fight.

Hunt v Kongo
I picked kongo to win because I was expecting him to take Hunt down and sit on top, realized after the first minute that wasn't happening and because Kongo wasn't throwing and using his reach i just turned my head and said "round one, KO for hunt", glad i backed Hunt with $$ because of the odds and his power.

Palaszewski v Hioki
Hioki looked fantastic and Pala looked like total arse, perhaps Baroni is correct (kid look great as well) and the japs just can't fight outside of Japan, maybe they can only channel dat samurai power inside the borders lol :twisted: .

Pettis v Lauzon
As expected, put it away a round sooner than i thought though.

Okami v Boetsch
Boetsch by retard strength again, bit of a shame because Okami looked really good.

Sexyama v Shields
Can't help but think that if Aki had thrown more than half a punch in the entire fight he would have won easily, I'm not watching any more Shields fights just because his stand up makes me want to kill kittens... wtf does he even DO at training?

Edgar v Henderson
Fantastic fight, i knew Edgar was a small LW but i wasn't expecting THAT much of a size difference, and Bendo just mave some rediculous ninja weight cutting skills... that much weight and his cardio was still crazy good, he wasn't even breathing hard at teh end of the 5th.

I think that just made my dad an MMA fan.

They're gonna have a hard time beating that card this year rofl, EVERY fight was great.
Nekosan

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Sathias » 27 Feb 12, 9:46 pm

haha what a legend... Hunt has been bugging Dana to put him on the Sydney card next weekend :D

Dana said its not going to happen :(

Sathias

Not allowed to leave

Unread postby Nekosan » 27 Feb 12, 9:47 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a 2 week minimum no-contact period or something like that, he'd get denied a license to fight in the US again.
Nekosan

Unread postby RogerTheIncredible » 3 Mar 12, 10:23 am

144 was **** amazing. I've never enjoyed an event as much as that. From the 1st prelim to the main event it was full of good/fun/exciting fights.

I forgot to do my tips for Sydney. I've been going terribly this season.
RogerTheIncredible

Story Teller

Unread postby CrazyMonkey » 3 Mar 12, 3:28 pm

BREAKING NEWS: Johnson vs. McCall fight scored wrong by the Commission. It should have been a draw that went into a "victory round" to determine a winner. There will be a rematch.
CrazyMonkey

Game Admin

Unread postby Tera » 4 Mar 12, 2:49 pm

Tate vs. Rousey

That is the second nastiest arm-bar submission I've ever seen. Tate is one tough woman.
Tera

Head of the International GONlympics Commission

Unread postby Sathias » 4 Mar 12, 3:04 pm

40 days till the next UFC :x

Sathias

Not allowed to leave

Unread postby Nekosan » 5 Mar 12, 3:07 am

Tera wrote:Tate vs. Rousey

That is the second nastiest arm-bar submission I've ever seen. Tate is one tough woman.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone try an armbar escape once it's locked in and the arm is hyperextended, she probably did more damage to herself than Rousey did, that was horrific, you could see for a second she thought she was out... then she realized her forearm hadn't come with her as the joint dug into he muscle.
Nekosan

Unread postby RogerTheIncredible » 5 Mar 12, 8:51 am

You wonder if the referee would've stepped in if she hadn't tapped.
RogerTheIncredible

Story Teller

Unread postby discobrad » 5 Mar 12, 10:00 am

finally got around to watching UFC on FX 2, loved it! especially the prelims, was good to see some exciting fights. then a few on the main card were quite boring, though i was giggling when alves threw away his win
discobrad

Unread postby CrazyMonkey » 6 Mar 12, 5:28 pm

farrrrrrrrrrrrrrk, that armbar...

I always feel a little odd watching chicks beating each other up...haha...
CrazyMonkey

Game Admin

Unread postby Sathias » 6 Mar 12, 5:51 pm

discobrad wrote:finally got around to watching UFC on FX 2, loved it! especially the prelims, was good to see some exciting fights. then a few on the main card were quite boring, though i was giggling when alves threw away his win

Was Uncle Creepy robbed or what? Fight should have been stopped then got double robbed out of a 4th round when he clearly had the momentum.

Sathias

Not allowed to leave

PreviousNext

Return to Sports