V8 Supercars 2013

Forum for those gamers that do get outside

V8 Supercars 2013

Unread postby Mearehear » 12 Feb 13, 8:26 pm

Its getting a little closer to the start of the racing season, and I just noticed the launch video is out for the new Nissan Altima cars in the series, which I have been waiting to see how they turn out. Will have to have a look around and see if there is anything on the new Mercedes entries too.

Mearehear

Game Admin

Re: V8 Supercars 2013

Unread postby diamondd » 12 Feb 13, 9:13 pm

can't wait for it to get started. Been um-ing and ah-ing about going to the Clipsal for ages, its a great event but its so much easier to actually watch the race on TV.
diamondd

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby DarkMellie » 12 Feb 13, 9:29 pm

diamondd wrote:its so much easier to actually watch the race on TV.
YES! This is why I haven't really looked seriously at the Melbourne GP. I went to Symmond's Plains with a mate in 2011 and was there from 6am to close and the sound and smell was great... but I had absolutely no idea about who was in what position and what strategies were going on.

Good to see other manufacturers in the race, damn shame that the bodies aren't different. Really would like the Bathurst of yore in that respect, as much as I love the modern throbbing engines.
ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby Mearehear » 12 Feb 13, 9:56 pm

Would love to see a round trackside too, but the Perth circuit doesn't interest me that much. Maybe one year soon I will do the trek to Bathurst.

Can understand that point Mellie, though it leads into a whole raft of issues with the series, from the design choices to keep costs down, to parity issues. What you should look out for though is the annual Bathurst 12 hr race which is probably closer to the Bathurst racing of old compared to what V8Supercars is these days at Bathurst.

Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby MUG » 12 Feb 13, 11:21 pm

DarkMellie wrote:
YES! This is why I haven't really looked seriously at the Melbourne GP. I went to Symmond's Plains with a mate in 2011 and was there from 6am to close and the sound and smell was great... but I had absolutely no idea about who was in what position and what strategies were going on.

Before we moved to Vic, I lived close Bathurst and was a regular race attendee, the secret is pick spots near the big screens and get your hands on a scanner or 2, the last Bathurst I went to, I had in-car comms on one scanner and race control on the other and my mate had a mini lcd tv.

With frequencies Bathurstscan always came through the years I attended, who also does live streams in recent years, so you could even forget the scanner and just use the feed on a smartphone.

I use the live feeds while watching the race on TV now I'm down here.
MUG

Game Admin

Unread postby VitalBlurs » 13 Feb 13, 12:02 am

VitalBlurs

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Mearehear » 13 Feb 13, 2:20 am

ha that's too funny Vital, good find! I forgot about them going with Redbull sponsorship this year. Loved the little dig they put in there "it's running like a sh*tbox, like a Nissan" :lol:
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby VitalBlurs » 13 Feb 13, 12:29 pm

lol yeah......Luffy in that wig too :lol:

The launch is tomorrow so I'm looking forward to see if they do a continuation in the same style.
VitalBlurs

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby stanna » 13 Feb 13, 1:02 pm

haha thats great.
stanna

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby lordkabab » 13 Feb 13, 4:22 pm

I might see prices of tickets and if they're OK I'll go. Been to a race a few years ago and it was fantastic. Sure you don't see a whole lot, especially in the Stand at Barbagallo, but it's the atmosphere that I love. Oh, and the Drifting before the race.
lordkabab

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Matty » 13 Feb 13, 5:26 pm

I got free passes last year. It was fun and all but I wouldn't pay to go, I had more fun walking through the grounds looking at all the other cars on display and walking through the GT car sheds.

However Nissan joining has kinda shot my interest up a bit. I never really bothered with V8 Supercars, maybe I'll see how it goes this time around.
Homercles care not for beans.
Matty

Forum Bot

Unread postby bathurstscan » 13 Feb 13, 5:53 pm

MUG wrote:
DarkMellie wrote:

Before we moved to Vic, I lived close Bathurst and was a regular race attendee, the secret is pick spots near the big screens and get your hands on a scanner or 2, the last Bathurst I went to, I had in-car comms on one scanner and race control on the other and my mate had a mini lcd tv.

With frequencies Bathurstscan always came through the years I attended, who also does live streams in recent years, so you could even forget the scanner and just use the feed on a smartphone.

I use the live feeds while watching the race on TV now I'm down here.

Hey mate, thanks for the good comments re my website Bathurstscan.com , just joined as seen you had put website up. I will endeavor to come through with the goods this year, hope to be in Melbourne and stream races as well. !

There will be many changes to website and good updates for everyne. Enjoy
Dave
bathurstscan

n00bie

Unread postby MUG » 13 Feb 13, 6:21 pm

bathurstscan wrote:Hey mate, thanks for the good comments re my website Bathurstscan.com , just joined as seen you had put website up. I will endeavor to come through with the goods this year, hope to be in Melbourne and stream races as well. !

There will be many changes to website and good updates for everyne. Enjoy
Dave

I'm a long time Bathurst fan, Dad worked for and was friends with Graeme Bailey who ran around Bathurst for years in the Chickadee Chicken Celica and finally won with Alan Grice as his co-driver in 1986 in the Chickadee Commodore, which was the last time he raced - he drove the pace car in 1987.

I was based in Mudgee till 7 years ago, so your police feed was also a favorite in between scanners of my own, so your site is well known to me.

Melbourne sounds good, I'll keep an eye out. :)
MUG

Game Admin

Unread postby JonDogg » 14 Feb 13, 3:39 pm

I'm still umming and arring about whether to go to the Clipsal, haven't been in probably ten years. It would be good to go and see the new 'car of the future' in its first season. I'm just not sure whether the general admission tickets are worth the money, whether you can actually see the cars wizz around on track from a good view.

Also the Red Bull cars look great, and the VF Commodore looks good

JonDogg

Padawan

Unread postby lordkabab » 17 Feb 13, 6:19 pm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sport ... SCZgaVHJIU

MERCEDES WAAAT.

I thought they were only thinking about it, and even then it would be next year. SAWEEET.
lordkabab

Jedi Upstart

Next

Return to Sports