F1 2012

Forum for those gamers that do get outside

Re: F1 2012

Unread postby Mearehear » 17 Nov 12, 9:11 pm

:grin: that pic is priceless!

Yeah much the same for me, real racing is too far out of range for me financially, so I've invested in sim racing as a hobby to fill in that "desire". Even that has cost me enough after time in iRacing :lol:
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 26 Nov 12, 12:11 am

This is going to be an interesting race! If I was Vettel I wouldbe very worried of getting taken out by something silver or red.. Is really the only way he can lose it. Im a little excited waiting for it :lol:
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Makena » 26 Nov 12, 12:35 am

Should be a good race!

Though looking forward, shame it seems Kamui no longer has a drive for 2013, Senna is out of Williams, doesn't appear either Caterham drivers will return, will probably be a few new faces next year.
Makena

Has 1 million gon bucks

Unread postby Mearehear » 26 Nov 12, 12:51 am

Yeah I was surprised to hear during qual yesterday the talk of Kamui possibly without a drive. Talk has been around for awhile that Senna will get dropped, which is a bit of a shame as I dont think he has been too bad but apparently doesn't have the money to "pay" for his drive. And word is HRT may close down after this final race. All up there may be some drivers hard pressed to find a drive next year.

Is meant to be a wet race too, which really could mess things up, sections of this track are notorious for "rivers" across it in the heavy rain.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 26 Nov 12, 1:34 am

Holy WOW!

EDIT - Only 9 laps in and I'm ready to call this race of the year!
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 26 Nov 12, 1:38 pm

Not going to give away results for those that might be waiting to watch it...

...but that was probably the greatest race of the last 10 years!!
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Makena » 26 Nov 12, 1:54 pm

Yeah, fantastic race, really enjoyed it.
Makena

Has 1 million gon bucks

Unread postby DarkMellie » 26 Nov 12, 4:44 pm

I went to bed just as it started, sounds like it really was race of the year. So impressed with Vettell, to take those massive place hits and then fight back is phenomenal, doesn't matter if it's the best car on the track, he's an incredible talent.

Also very impressed with Alonso's reactions after the race, he's a class act under pressure.

And Hami (the chav git) was knocked out of the win, that always makes me happy.

Desperately sad that Future World Champion Kamui Kobayashi lost his seat at Sauber.. and for no other reason than she's a new appointment, I blame the new team principal (Monisha Kaltenborn). No word on his future yet, but I'm sure not a fan of Sauber.
ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby Mearehear » 26 Nov 12, 5:03 pm

DarkMellie wrote:And Hami (the chav git) was knocked out of the win, that always makes me happy

With you 100% there :lol:

It really was a race with everything. The first lap was monumental! And things just kept unfolding and changing everywhere. Force India really took it to Mclaren in a big way, until the unfortunate accident.

It's well worth watching a replay of the race without knowing too much (hard to do in this day and age), I easily rate that as the most exciting race I have seen in memory.

Is a real shame about Kamui.. Money talk these days for the mid/low end teams.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby DarkMellie » 26 Nov 12, 5:23 pm

I'll be grabbing replays for Brazil and Texas tonight, then converting them for my Galaxy S3. Good bus-watching action.

Kamui has started a website to raise funds from fans, there's three seats left in low end teams (Caterham, Marussia and one other) and they've all stated that drivers would need to bring sponsorship.

A little flabbergasted that a Japanese company hasn't already done this for him.. surely his name is big enough on the world stage that they'd want him representing them? He's scored more championship points than any other Japanese driver, ever.
ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby lucassot » 26 Nov 12, 5:40 pm

The last 3 - 4 races of the season have been fantastic, especially the last two! I got up to watch it at 2:30 and was worth every minute. I couldn't believe how fast the race went as so many things were changing lap after lap. Bring on 2013.
lucassot

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Mearehear » 26 Nov 12, 5:57 pm

My vote would be boot Grosjean from Renault and give the seat to Kamui alongside Kimi. Grosjean can't finish races without incidents and loss of positions, so he is no good for Renault.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby VitalBlurs » 27 Nov 12, 1:35 pm

Another great race to end another great season! Let's hope 2013 is even better.

Mearehear wrote:My vote would be boot Grosjean from Renault and give the seat to Kamui alongside Kimi. Grosjean can't finish races without incidents and loss of positions, so he is no good for Renault.

Agreed.
VitalBlurs

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby ViN » 28 Nov 12, 7:45 am

Pirelli Tyre stats for F1 2012
http://www.f1technical.net/news/18071
Pirelli has completed its second full season as F1's official tyre supplier, and following the last race of the season at Brazil, the Italian company has released the following stats, showing how its tyres were used throughout the 20 races in 2012.
- Total number of tyres provided for the season: Race tyres: 31,800 of which 22,500 dry tyres and 9,300 wet tyres plus an additional 6,600 for the tests (not including development tyres)
- Of which (for race tyres only): supersoft: 6 % / soft: 25 % / medium: 21 % / hard: 17 % / intermediate: 18 % / wet: 11 % / 2 % development tyres
- Total numbers of tyres used: Dry tyres: 21,400; wet tyres: 2,100
- Number of tyres recycled during 2012: All, i.e. 31,800 race tyres plus 6,600 test tyres
- Average life span of a dry compound this season: 180 km
- Average life span of a wet compound this season: 140 km

Tracks, Races and Tests
- Longest continuous energy input into a tyre: India (turn 10-11)
- Longest race of the year: Malaysia in 2hrs 44min 51.812s
- Shortest race of the year: Great Britain in 1 hr 25min 11.288s
- Most laps run on Pirelli tyres: Hard – Kobayashi (798); Medium – Senna (869); Soft – Ricciardo (1,012); Supersoft – Raikkonen (237); Intermediate – Alonso (145); Wet – Kobayashi (104)
- Highest top speed reached by a P Zero F1 tyre: 248.241 kph (Hamilton / Italy Qualifying)
- Slowest top speed reached by a P Zero F1 tyre: 161.828 kph (Schumacher / Monaco Qualifying)
- Most fastest laps in 2011: Sebastian Vettel (5 in race / 6 in qualifying)
- Distance covered by Pirelli’s Renault R30 test car in 2012: 7,012 kms
- Number of different test tracks visited by Pirelli staff this year (incl. private tests): 9

Pit stops
- Total number of pit stops for the year: 957 (of which 14 were a Drive Through and 2 a stop&go penalty)
- Total average number of stops per race: 47.9, i.e. 1.9 per driver
- Most pit stops in a race: 76 (Malaysia)
- Least pit stops in a race: 24 (United States)
- Fastest pit stop time: 2.31s (McLaren / Jenson Button at the German Grand Prix)

Overtaking
- Number of overtaking manoeuvres in 2012: 994 (not including Brazil)
- Most overtaking manoeuvres in a dry race: 90 at the 2012 Chinese Grand Prix
- Most overtaking manoeuvres in a wet race: 76 at the 2012 Malaysian Grand Prix
- Least overtaking manouevres in a dry race: 12 at the Monaco Grand Prix

Other interesting numbers
- Total kilometres driven by all the P Zero compounds in 2012 (races and tests): Hard – 101,692; Medium – 121,840; Soft – 123,270; Supersoft – 21,993; Intermediate – 13,770; Wet – 7,930
- Coldest track/ground temperatures Pirelli P Zero tyres have run: United States Grand Prix at 11 degrees Celsius (17.11.); coldest overall: Jerez winter testing at 0 degrees Celsius (10.02.)
- Hottest track/ground temperatures Pirelli P Zero tyres have run: Brazilian Grand Prix at 55 degrees Celsius (23.11.)
- Coldest air/ambient temperatures Pirelli P Zero tyres have run: United States Grand Prix at 4 degrees Celsius (17.11); coldest overall: Jerez winter testing at -2 degrees Celsius (10.11.)
- Hottest air/ambient temperatures Pirelli P Zero tyres have run: Grand Prix of Europe at 37 degrees Celsius (21.06.)
- Amount of time spent downloading all tyre data on the RTS system this year (incl. tests): 92 hrs
- Number of track/air temperature taken by tyre fitter per race weekend: 124
- Total distance travelled by all F1 tyres in 2012 (off-track): 216,967 kms

Pirelli F1 and its people
- Total number of Pirelli people travelling to each race: 52
- Total number of nationalities within the Pirelli F1 team: 10
- Average amount of hours spent by each Pirelli staff member on a plane this year: 192 hrs (or 8 days!)
- Number of Pirelli wristbands given out during the season in the paddock: 4,450
- Total number of hotel nights booked for the Pirelli team: 1,498

Pirelli’s F1 Trucks & Hospitality
- Total amount of trucks at European races: 13
- Total average kilometres travelled by each Pirelli truck in 2012: 31,125 kms
- Numbers of meals served at the Pirelli F1 hospitality (incl. tests): 24,132
- Number of coffees served by Pirelli hospitality during the season: 28,350
- Number of different pasta recipes cooked by Pirelli’s chef this year: 314
- Amount of mascarpone used for tiramisu and other dolci: 205 kgs

Pirelli in Formula One overall (since 1950)
- Races started: 242
- Wins: 83
- Pole positions: 86
- Podium places: 256
- Fastest laps: 90

ViN

Padawan

Unread postby Wolfstar90 » 4 Dec 12, 11:08 pm

Mearehear wrote:My vote would be boot Grosjean from Renault and give the seat to Kamui alongside Kimi. Grosjean can't finish races without incidents and loss of positions, so he is no good for Renault.

I couldn't agree more. The guy has no idea how to finish a race. Pro-tip: Don't crash into anyone. I'd definitely rather see someone like Kamui who has been in a below average team given a chance in a decent car. I think Hulkenburg is a pretty solid driver who would be interesting to see in a better car too. All in all it was a great season. At no point did it become predictable, although Red Bull did come on very strong in the latter half. To anyone that said Vettel can't overtake and isn't a great driver, I think the last two races prove pretty explicitly that he can. He fought for it extremely hard. That being said, it was unfortunate that Alonso didn't win almost entirely because he was taken out in first corner incidents in two separate races. Can't wait for next season!
Wolfstar90

Jedi Upstart

Previous

Return to Sports