This recruitment form is for both GW2 and ESO.
Nocturnal members have full access to both games sections and are welcome to interchange between the games at at will. We would encourage people to try and get to events from both games if possible (if you own both games).
Even though we are a semi-casual guild we require members to attend at least 3 Events per week. With expanding our time zones from not just +10, we are looking for people in NZ to start off our night. For the main body from the AU East Coast continue what has been setup and AU West Coast to reinforce us later when people start to head of to bed.
Home Server: BLACKGATE (US)
Peak Hours: UTC +10:00 (Melb, Syd)
Target hours: UTC +12:00 through till UTC +8:00
Nocturnal is a mature age gaming guild that has spanned many games over the years. We first formed for the game Dark Age of Camelot and boasted one of the most successful guilds in the game. We gained reputation for our keep defenses and leadership, especially in the US offpeak hours hence the name Nocturnal (meaning: of the night).
We have been a presense in World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online and now Guild Wars 2.
We aren’t hard core, but the time we spend in game is usually organised and dedicated to creating experiences that our guild members will remember forever. Our experienced WvW team provides us with the ability to shape our warfare dynamically around the zergs, also when required head on with co-ordinated attacks/defends with those on BGTS.
Nocturnal is looking for self sufficient and motivated players that don’t need to be levelled or given charity. We put in the hard work on our characters and we expect you to as well. Nocturnal isn’t a free ride.
If you have an event you want to participate in, organise it in advance and we’ll create an event for it.
To join Nocturnal, you must:
- Be 21 years or older and community focused (i.e. not a self-serving arrogant prick).
- Have a basic understanding of Guild Wars 2 or Elder Scrolls Online and how it works
- Enjoy both PVE and PVP. We have regular events for both.
- Understand that our main focus for the game is World vs World/Player vs Player. Many of our events will be centered around it.
- Our prime playtime is GMT+10 evenings (7:30pm-11:30pm usually). Our events are planned around this timezone. We are getting an increasing amount of kiwis. If we get enough there will be events specifically for that timezone.
- Be self sufficient – we aren’t a charity/power levelling guild though we’ll do our best to plan events for everyone.
- Voice communication (including microphone) is mandatory through our Teamspeak 3 and BGTS.
- Have a great sense of humour, we like to do crazy kitten and video it!
Player vs Player / World vs World
Nocturnal’s main focus will be about World vs World/Player vs Player battles, tactics and success. You must also:
- Be willing to contribute cash or blueprints each week for guild events. Jumping puzzles are run as a guild.
- Be a team player, not all tasks in WvW/PvP are fighting. Sometimes you’ll be asked to do things that don’t directly relate to fighting the enemy.
- Understand our goal is to be renowned as great PvP fighters and tacticians.
- Be willing to lose to learn, without nerdraging.
- Undertake resource gathering for the guild while in the WvW zones.
- Understand its expected that you fight with the guild, for the guild and server/alliance.
Player Vs Environment/Dungeons/Guild Missions
- We have members that constantly run high level FOTM.
- Our members are also very experienced in all other dungeons.
- Guild missions are held regularly, we are looking at doing Tier 3 Bounty currently.
- World bosses, map clearance/world completion are also things we cater for.
- The Legendary Buddy System® – helping members complete tasks on their road to legendary completion
We do expect a high level of guild participation in planned events. The guild will be regularly cleansed of players that don’t participate in our community or log in during our event times unless the guild is advised beforehand. If you had an emergency and couldn’t contact us for an extended period, by all means you’ll get an invite back, just speak with one of the officers upon your return.
In GW2 we are located on Blackgate server.
We are yet to finalise an alliance in ESO, will play all but focus on one.
Contact me here or head over to our website for more details.
Click here to start our short recruitment process http://nocturnalaustralia.enjin.com/recruitment