Coming Attractions - 18/02/2009

News & announcements regarding new game releases

Coming Attractions - 18/02/2009

Unread postby News Portal » 18 Feb 09, 5:23 pm

Everybody loves street date breakages and mass delays, both of which have affected this week’s Coming Attractions slightly. [app=3094]Street Fighter IV[/app] is out on shelves now for everyone to buy and love, and word is that both [app=3719]Dawn of War II[/app] and[app=4373]The House of the Dead: Overkill[/app] can be found in some stores. [comp=55]Atari[/comp] too decided to mess with us all this week, delaying their entire slate of titles planned for this week, so anyone planning on [app=3906]killing some vampires in thigh-high boots[/app] will have to wait til next week.

Don’t forget to check out the full release schedule for the latest changes and information on upcoming games.

Read full article by Matt Keller
News Portal

News news news news news...

Re: Coming Attractions - 18/02/2009

Unread postby alx » 18 Feb 09, 7:32 pm

If you bought Dawn of War 2 today it does not unlock until 2am AEST so you cannot install the game. Very very poor, not impressed. I should have bought SF4.
http://community.dawnofwar2.com/main.php
Some players have been able to purchase copies of Dawn of War II before the release date for their respective regions. This is simply a notice to inform you all that you will not be able to activate or play the single-player or multiplayer game until the release date. Players in Australia specifically have noticed this, so here is some information specific to them:

"Important notice for Dawn of War II activation - Australian customers

Please be advised that customers will be able to activate and play Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II after: 12:01am (Perth, Australia Time) on 19th February 2009

Please note that this applies to the single-player campaign and multiplayer game modes."
alx

Padawan

Unread postby GT VIRUS » 18 Feb 09, 10:08 pm

As far as i know, RACE PRO is still on track for a Feb 20th release.
The Racing Sim expert
GT VIRUS

Padawan

Unread postby Matt K » 19 Feb 09, 7:21 am

GT VIRUS wrote:As far as i know, RACE PRO is still on track for a Feb 20th release.

March 5th, we're told.
Matt K

Player

Unread postby Mythor » 19 Feb 09, 8:41 am

alx wrote:If you bought Dawn of War 2 today it does not unlock until 2am AEST so you cannot install the game. Very very poor, not impressed.
And don't get too excited now that it's well after 2am - the Steam servers are still not coping and you'll probably have to try multiple times. I tried 4 times to install it, switched Steam off and left it for 5 minutes then tried again. Second time it finally started installing. :roll:

I actually don't mind that the MP was locked out until then - or wouldn't've if I'd bought it at retail - but locking out the entire game is not cool. At the very least it should have been possible to play the tutorial levels or the first campaign level or something. Something so you haven't paid $90 for what may as well be an empty box.

Oh well, mine's downloading now. :D
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Mythor

TF2 Admin

Unread postby alx » 19 Feb 09, 7:19 pm

Mythor1 wrote:but locking out the entire game is not cool. At the very least it should have been possible to play the tutorial levels or the first campaign level or something. Something so you haven't paid $90 for what may as well be an empty box.

Damn straight!
alx

Padawan

Return to News:: New Releases