WoW Changes Forever Tonight!

Re: WoW Changes Forever Tonight!

Unread postby Submariner » 24 Nov 10, 4:21 pm

If you are doing Pilgrim's Peril, I just worked out the easiest way to get to Darn for the Horde. Get naked and die in Darkshore. Do corpse run over to Darn. Still get fatigue over sea when dead, but just res when you get to your body and you can get a bit further. As long as you timing is right, should only take one res and a total of two runs across.
Submariner

Padawan

Unread postby tranquil » 24 Nov 10, 4:23 pm

Mythor wrote:If you have any local friends you could borrow their disks to install it from. You'd need to patch then but you ought to be able to get all/most of the files from the mirror then.

actually yeah you just reminded me i do have a vanilla WoW dvd i copied off a friend many years ago lying around. its most likely v1.0 or whatever though, and having a quick look at the extensive list of patches available for WoW is a bit confusing, which ones would i need to queue up? i appreciate the help though :)

edit: ignore this i'm just going to download it all at work :lol: sorry to hijack this thread a bit. carry on.
Last edited by tranquil on 25 Nov 10, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
tranquil

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Linxus » 24 Nov 10, 6:38 pm

Loving the new system of dialies etc that you can do in Stormwind now - also get skill up points for completing them which is a nice feature - and not restricted to high levels anymore either (I think :P).
Linxus

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Sathias » 24 Nov 10, 6:45 pm

Marius wrote:Any likeness to The Searing?

I know WoW is actually pre-empting GW2 in some of its boss encounters as a marketing strategy ("Why play GW2 when you fought that boss in WoW?"), so I'm interested.

WoW is pre-emptively copying them? How does that work :lol:

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Robert Anton Wilson
Sathias

Not allowed to leave

Unread postby Jnr » 24 Nov 10, 8:01 pm

Linxus wrote:Loving the new system of dialies etc that you can do in Stormwind now - also get skill up points for completing them which is a nice feature - and not restricted to high levels anymore either (I think :P).

Nope.

It's fun :D

Also @Acaila

Using the UI with the dps layout, the 6 buff squares right under the minimap, what are they there for? Can't figure it out nor how to remove them.

Cheers
Jnr

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Marius » 24 Nov 10, 8:17 pm

Sathias wrote:WoW is pre-emptively copying them? How does that work :lol:

I wouldn't necessarily use the word "copying", more like edging out.

GW2 will be WoW's most direct competitor next year. They both compete for the same high fantasy niche with arena battles etc.

WoW has a huge lore and can pick and choose whatever parts of it Blizzard feel are best for the situation at the time. In this case, they get to release first before Guild Wars 2. Hence they can claim the first innovation.

GW2: Primary antagonist will be an ancient dragon that causes large scale devastation in its wake.

Cata: Primary antagonist will be an ancient dragon that causes large scale devastation in its wake.

GW2: Events come after 'The Searing'.

Cata: Events come after 'The Shattering'.
Marius

Needs more Cleric

Unread postby Acaila » 25 Nov 10, 9:00 am

Jnr wrote:Also @Acaila

Using the UI with the dps layout, the 6 buff squares right under the minimap, what are they there for? Can't figure it out nor how to remove them.

They are showing what buffs you have or are missing. If you don't have the buff its lit up. It should probably only show in a party or a raid really. I don't think you can turn it off through the UI. Maybe via the LUA config files you could remove it.
Remember: When you argue with idiots they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Acaila

.... is gone.

Unread postby snex » 25 Nov 10, 10:34 am

Interface\Addons\Tukui\scripts\raidBuffReminder.lua

=]
snex

Master Wang

Unread postby nudge » 25 Nov 10, 10:48 am

Anyone know how to add a menu panel or anything like that to tukui, it is the only thing i would need to change on it and can't find anything suitable.
The more complex the programs of an organism, the greater is the danger of insanity. It is very, very hard to be a god.
nudge

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby RogerTheIncredible » 25 Nov 10, 12:20 pm

Started levelling a Gnome Priest to see what the go was with levelling now. So much easier and streamlined to find quests. Also love the multitude of FPs.
RogerTheIncredible

Story Teller

Unread postby Linxus » 25 Nov 10, 12:51 pm

RogerTheIncredible wrote:Started levelling a Gnome Priest to see what the go was with levelling now. So much easier and streamlined to find quests. Also love the multitude of FPs.
+1. Started a gnome lock to see what the new gnome starting area was like. Also love the addtion of an FP to Kharanos - now we lowbies dont have to trek up and down the hill to IF anymore :P.
Linxus

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Mythor » 25 Nov 10, 1:15 pm

Hell yes, another fan of the Kharanos FP. :lol:

I started a Gnome Rogue to see the new start area for them but I'm through to level 19 now in Loch Modan and everything is still feeling a lot more cohesive and natural and so on.

Had a long wait on the random dungeon finder thing but it was well worth it. The new Deadmines is quite a lot of fun. :)
Basic layout is pretty much the same as it was previously but all the boss encounters have changed and they all have their own special abilities/mechanics.
Takes about the same length of time but I really enjoyed it.

And thanks to the new quest system I managed to level twice on the way through. :D Many of the quests just pop up as you go along and you don't need to go back to Stormwind to turn them in when you kill whoever you need to kill - just click the popup and complete the quest.
Blizz will probably get a bit of **** for making that bit easier but running back to Stormwind for your cookie wasn't fun. This is much neater. ;)
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Mythor

TF2 Admin

Unread postby Wyld » 25 Nov 10, 3:55 pm

Mythor wrote:Hell yes, another fan of the Kharanos FP. :lol:

Heh, same.

Spent ages flying around looking at everything, going "Oooooh" but when I saw the additional FP, I literally yelled out "YES!".
Mostly Minecraft via http://www.twitch.tv/wyldstein/ Wooh!

Wyld

Known to wear a cool hat

Unread postby lorry_driver » 25 Nov 10, 5:25 pm

They see me rollin', they hatin'

Image Image
lorry_driver

Padawan

Unread postby Marshmallow » 25 Nov 10, 7:23 pm

Alliance......
Marshmallow