Internode WoW Gateway - Lower WoW pings, for free, for Inter

Forum for WoW discussion

Re: Internode WoW Gateway - Lower WoW pings, for free, for Inter

Unread postby penOr » 12 Nov 09, 1:21 am

Thanks for that flame, changing the setting in the second picture seemed to do it :D

My ping is now around 220-240ms, which is usually at 400ms :/, but i guess it's 2am on an oceanic server.
penOr

Padawan

Unread postby fLaMePrO » 12 Nov 09, 8:27 am

Good to hear :)

Yeah I get pretty much the same as that, maybe more around the 250ms mark during peak hours.

Are you saying you would have expected a better ping? Or that it's a nice improvement. Meh, I think it's pretty decent considering you don't have to do a whole lot to get 200~ less ping.
fLaMePrO

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby penOr » 12 Nov 09, 1:16 pm

fLaMePrO wrote:Good to hear :)

Yeah I get pretty much the same as that, maybe more around the 250ms mark during peak hours.

Are you saying you would have expected a better ping? Or that it's a nice improvement. Meh, I think it's pretty decent considering you don't have to do a whole lot to get 200~ less ping.

Haha, ~220ms is great in comparison to the usual 400ms. I'll have to test it during peak hours instead of 2am to see if it actually a continual ~220ms.

And no, i didn't expect much of an improvement (based on the replies), so i'm quite pleased with the result so far :P.

Thanks again for the help :)
penOr

Padawan

Unread postby fLaMePrO » 12 Nov 09, 5:08 pm

Ah yeah, it definitely helps! I know that on the odd occasion where the gateway is down, you can really appreciate the difference it makes (being forced to play at 400ms+ isn't fun)

But no problem, glad you got it up and running. Not that I did much to help anyway :P
fLaMePrO

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby InstaGib » 13 Nov 09, 9:49 am

Anyone on win7 64bit having any problems with Freecap?

My WoW is crashing a hell of a lot on startup (see pic below) with the error saying something about my memory, although all my other games work sweet so i know its not my memory. Sometimes it will take me 20 attempts to start (using freecap'd wow) however when i run the normal wow.exe it works first time every time, again, supporting the idea that its a freecap/win7 64bit issue and not wow or my ram.

Btw, im using the 3.16 version of freecap (which ive been using since my previous vista 32bit install, with the odd crash on startup but nothing like this) instead of the latest version due to lag issues with the latest version.

double and tripple checked all my settings, theyre correct. tried both the direct IP and the wowgw.internode.on.net addresses, same issue regardless.

any clues anyone?

InstaGib

n00bie

Unread postby mrtypr » 13 Nov 09, 11:26 am

I have not yet tried it on Win7 64 bit but I will try tonight, I just installed win7 yesterday

I was actually searching the forums to see if freecap was working with wow again after battle.net account merge?

I had to stop using this service because i transferred my account to battle.net and freecap wouldnt log in with that
mrtypr

n00bie

Unread postby twin_blade » 13 Nov 09, 2:25 pm

hmmm, I had huge problems today....

I just swapped to Internode, loaded WoW up with the Node WoW Gateway (via FreeCap) and went to a 25man Raid.....

Latency was steady at 260-290ms until I walked in the door...

First boss fight, Latency shot up to 18,000ms (thats not a hyperbole either ><)

Any idea's how I could fix this??
twin_blade

n00bie

Unread postby xkrewshe8 » 13 Nov 09, 9:45 pm

Hmm, seems im getting an error stating 'connecting to invalid game server'.

This has only occured since having to merge my account with battle.net.
The game also works fine without the use of freecap. Is anyone else having the same issue??
xkrewshe8

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby mrtypr » 13 Nov 09, 10:27 pm

xkrewshe8 wrote:Hmm, seems im getting an error stating 'connecting to invalid game server'.

This has only occured since having to merge my account with battle.net.
The game also works fine without the use of freecap. Is anyone else having the same issue??

I dont think Freecap have fixed the issue with the battle.net merge. I just got back into using internode tunneling service and using wide cap.

Just tested it now and windows 7 64 bit and seems to be working fine

Ill post a link for setting up widecap its similiar to freecap, although i couldnt find where to put the port number with widecap

http://www.lowerping.com/?p=widecap
mrtypr

n00bie

Unread postby InstaGib » 14 Nov 09, 6:05 am

mrtypr wrote:I have not yet tried it on Win7 64 bit but I will try tonight, I just installed win7 yesterday

I was actually searching the forums to see if freecap was working with wow again after battle.net account merge?

I had to stop using this service because i transferred my account to battle.net and freecap wouldnt log in with that

actually it always worked with the battle.net merge, you just have to change one of the settings in freecap. refer to page 70 for the screenshot someone put up
InstaGib

n00bie

Unread postby InstaGib » 14 Nov 09, 6:06 am

twin_blade wrote:hmmm, I had huge problems today....

I just swapped to Internode, loaded WoW up with the Node WoW Gateway (via FreeCap) and went to a 25man Raid.....

Latency was steady at 260-290ms until I walked in the door...

First boss fight, Latency shot up to 18,000ms (thats not a hyperbole either ><)

Any idea's how I could fix this??

same thing happened to me, im guessing you're using the latest version of freecap? thats why. its a known bug with the latest version. drop back to version 3.16 and you will have zero lag problems :) if you cant get a hold of it pm me and ill email it zipped to ya (no install needed, etc)
InstaGib

n00bie

Unread postby tehoriginal » 14 Nov 09, 12:21 pm

Doesn't work for me and I tried the settings in the screenies on page 70.
Im using vista 32 bit and I went be all the advised settings yet it keeps crashing upon startup..
tehoriginal

n00bie

Unread postby tehoriginal » 14 Nov 09, 12:50 pm

Ok, Not only didn't it work.
After I installed it, it was hogging alot of system memory - or at least one of it
s services were.
So I pressed the restart button on my computer and the next thing I know is my computer wont load in past the bios screen, saying "attempting to retireve hpa bios" or something on those lines.

Therefore , after using my laptop to find a resolution and fix my computer Im finally in. The First thing i Did thus far was uninstall this program..
tehoriginal

n00bie

Unread postby fLaMePrO » 14 Nov 09, 1:38 pm

InstaGib wrote:Anyone on win7 64bit having any problems with Freecap?

Yeah I get the same issue..but mine doesn't crash 20 times in a row. Usually works on the first or second time..max of about 3 tries I think.

I didn't consider the fact that it could be the OS causing the issue..but it's not really a big enough issue for me to worry about fixing it.
fLaMePrO

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Brulath » 17 Nov 09, 11:17 am

I tried logging on using the wow gateway (via Proxifier on Win7 64bit) and it kept giving me the following errors:

[12:38] Wow.exe - 12.129.206.130:1119 open
[12:38] Error : the proxy server wowgw.internode.on.net:1080 cannot establish connection to 12.129.242.35:1119
[12:38] Wow.exe - Could not connect to 12.129.242.35:1119 through the proxy server.
[12:38] Wow.exe - 12.129.206.130:1119 close, 263 bytes sent, 1001 bytes (0 KB) received
[12:41] Error : The proxy server wowgw.internode.on.net:1080 has unexpectedly terminated the connection
[12:41] Wow.exe - Could not connect to 12.129.206.130:1119 through the proxy server.

From what I can surmise the gateway is rejecting the connection to that one specific machine, as it's worked fine at all other times I've used it (apart from requiring two connection attempts to work each time) and I can connect without using the gateway.

Is it temporarily broken or did they unexpectedly add a new ip address to the login process?
Brulath

n00bie

PreviousNext

Return to World of Warcraft