Always be giving feedback.
By Jason Imms on July 3, 2014 at 10:50 am
Public betas are crucial for developers when it comes to gathering real-world metrics and feedback on their in-development games, that much is clear. For the players though, especially those that take the time to provide written feedback and defect logs, it can be difficult to see exactly how their efforts affect the finished product.
The Battlefield: Hardline Community’s Most Wanted list is an attempt to alleviate that, by listing the top ten most requested changes, and how they have been implemented in the game. Check out the changes below, as listed on the Battlefield official blog.
While you’re at it, why not check out James’ impressions of the beta here?
- MOVEMENT: There was a lot of feedback about slow movement speed and feeling “sluggish”. We’ve increased player speed by 10%, and players will get a +10% bonus for running with your pistol out. It feels much faster now!
- SUPPRESSION: There were a lot of negative comments about the camera “bounce” when suppressed. We’ve changed the way suppression works – your aimpoint is no longer affected, but your situational awareness is.
- SURVIVALIST: We’ve heard both sides of the argument on the Survivalist gadget, it is pretty polarizing. Some of you hate it, some of you love it – either way, we agree it was overpowered. We’ve changed it to revive you at 1 health and auto-inject after 5 seconds.
- HIGH TENSION – CRANE CAMERA SHAKE: A number of people called out the camera shake from this event as being too over the top. We’re tuning this down.
- HIGH TENSION – STAIRS IN HIGH TENSION BUG: Stairs in High Tension should no longer pull players into the wall.
- ELEVATED OBJECTIVES: We’ve added some feedback to help you find the objective when it’s above or below you.
- SPECIAL VEHICLES: We’re working on adding more special drivable vehicles like the Fuel Truck into all maps. We’re also working on a handbrake for cars.
- STUCK VEHICLES: We’re working on the ability to “nudge” vehicles with a melee attack to help get them unstuck or to be able to move past them. No promises, but the early prototype looks promising!
- HEAVY VEHICLE DAMAGE: We’ve added “weak spots” in the rear of the heavily armored vehicles, making it much easier to bring them down!
- VEHICLE OCCUPANT LIST: We’re working on adding the Bag Carrier icon to the list of teammates inside your vehicle, so that you can tell when the bag carrier gets in your vehicle.
Source: Battlefield Official Blog