Warning: may make you question your chosen career.
By Alice Lynton on March 15, 2014 at 10:37 am
Free to Play is a documentary produced by Valve charting the adventures of professional Dota 2 players through its major annual tournament, The International.
The film launches on Steam on March 19, after a fancy pants cinema debut in San Francisco, but you can pre-load it now.
Although the movie seems to be free, it’s being promoted with a Dota 2 DLC pack called the Free to Play Competitor’s Pack. 25% of sales will be distributed to the players featured in the film, as well as the contributors. Here’s what you’ll receive for your pains:
- Fear’s Sven Set – Created by Jeremy Klein, Ziedrich
- hyhy’s Doom Set – Created by Vermillion Wlad
- Dendi’s Pudge Set – Created by Danidem, Bronto ϟ Thunder
- Free to Play Wards – Created by Valve
- Free to Play HUD – Created by Valve
- Free to Play Courier – Created by Valve