Ruins looks pretty cool.
By Alice Lynton on March 9, 2014 at 1:06 pm
Activision has sent along details of the next DLC pack for Call of Duty: Ghosts. Called Devastation, the pack includes four all-new maps, a reworked version of Modern Warfare 3′s Dome map, five new field orders, the Ripper weapon and the second chapter of Extinction.
The pack will go for $19.95, and is included in the season pass. It hasn’t been dated for PC, but hits Xbox Live on April 3 so expect it sometime later.
Here’s the lowdown on the new maps and Extinction episode:
- Ruins: Located on a Mexican peninsula and set amidst the remnants of a mountaintop Mayan temple, with multiple levels providing verticality for longer-range weapons, and underground pathways perfect for close-quarters encounters. Savvy players that find and complete the unique Field Order will be able to trigger the map’s volcano to erupt, and enjoy watching enemy players attempt to take cover as fiery debris fall from the sky.
- Collision: A mangle of debris scattered atop a container ship pinned underneath a crippled bridge in New York. This small map is ideal for run-and-gun tactics. Players that dominate Collision and complete the map’s specific Field Order will be able take control of a heavily armed aircraft and rain down destruction from above.
- Behemoth: Takes place on a massive excavation platform in South America. Long sight lines open this map up to longer-range weapons, while the compact interiors of the control rooms are ideal for SMG’s and Shotguns. Completing Behemoth’s Field Order will allow players to control an attack helicopter armed with a deadly, armor-piercing Rail Gun as it circles the excavator searching for enemy combatants.
- Unearthed: Drops players into a re-imagined version of Dome the fan-favorite multiplayer map from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. With a new look and all-new secrets, Unearthed is a compact map for all player types, who must navigate an alien artifact dig site in order to unlock the map’s Field Order and unleash the power of the Cryptids, as well as locate the map’s secret alien weapon.
- Extinction: Episode 2 – Mayday: Following the dramatic events that took place deep within the Alaskan wilderness at the Nightfall Program research facility, the Quick Reaction Force team now heads onboard a mysterious Chinese research vessel drifting abandoned in the Tasman Sea in the South Pacific Ocean. Players will uncover a much deeper conspiracy as they pursue Captain Archer and discover what has become of Doctor Cross. Armed with multiple mod-able versions of the Venom-X weapon powered with Cryptid technology, players will come up against yet another new alien species referred to as the “Seeder,” as well as go head-to-head with a massive, 100-foot tall Cryptid enemy from the depths of the ocean…the “Kraken.”