Team play not in the works for a while, sadly.
By Alex Walker on January 31, 2014 at 9:25 am
Another day, another round of teasing from Blizzard. When will they stop adding things to Hearthstone, I wonder? Well, actually, there’s a laundry list of things they’re not adding, according to an interview done by Chinese website nga.178.com with executive producer Hamilton Chu. Understandably, the excellent Hearthpwn website knows that many people might not be able to read Mandarin, or at least many won’t have the patience to read Google’s translated version of Mandarin. So they’ve gone and posted the Cliff’s Notes for everyone. How nice of them.
- New premium content will be added to the game which will not effect game balance. This includes:
- New Heroes (Varian instead of Garrosh)
- New Card Backs (Separate from the ones rewarded for ranked season play)
- New Game Boards
- Non-Warcraft themed elements will not be added to Hearthstone.
- Achievements will eventually be added to the game.
- Adventure modes will contain new quests, new game stages, and contain between 10 and 20 new cards.
- The first adventure mode will be launched after the game releases on PC And iPad.
- More rewards are planned for the ranked ladder.
- The first planned expansion back will contain between 100 and 200 new cards.
- Death Knights and Monks are not being currently worked on.
- The team is currently not working on a 2v2 mode. 1v1 needs to be solid first.
- Observer mode is still on the list of things to do, but it is not being actively worked on.
- The team is keeping an eye on the length of seasons, but are not considering adjusting the duration of them yet.
The second week of the second beta season has also come to a close; Blizzard have posted the Top 100 here, if you’re interested in that sort of thing.
Source: Thanks, Hearthpwn!