Doesn't remove Priests, but you can't have everything.
By Alex Walker on December 19, 2013 at 7:00 am
Hearthstone non-mages rejoice: you finally have the patch you’ve been looking for. Sadly this isn’t the patch that removes Priests from the game, which my Twitter feed regularly bitches about. Nevertheless, patch 18.104.22.16843 does have a string of important and helpful changes, such as rectifying the inability to rejoin the Arena if the client shut down before you claimed your rewards.
The full list of patch notes from Battle.net are below:
- Certain Expert cards have been changed and the amount of dust that you get from disenchanting these cards have been temporarily increased such that it is equal to the amount of dust that it would have originally cost to craft those cards. Affected cards are:
- Cone of Cold
- We understand that the Freeze mechanic can be frustrating to play against, and we wanted to make changes that would allow the Mage’s opponent some additional time to be aggressive with their minions and well as slow the overall pacing of the control-based Mage play style.
- Blizzard’s mana cost is now 6 (up from 5).
- Cone of Cold’s mana cost is now 4 (up from 3).
- Frost Nova’s mana cost is now 3 (up from 2).
- Resolved an issue where certain account states could prevent new Arena runs from being started. Previously impacted accounts should now be able to properly start new Arena runs.
So yeah, Mind Control is still a thing. Sorry about that. But at least mages are kind of fair now, right? Right?