Get murdered by a moustache-wearing robot for just $20.
By Tim Colwill on August 20, 2013 at 5:05 pm
Big Robot have announced that Sir, You Are Being Hunted, the procedurally-generated game about surviving the attacks of top hat-wearing British aristocratic robots as you flee through the countryside, is now on Steam.
You can purchase early access to Sir, You Are Being Hunted (or just “Sir” as the developers themselves call it) for $20 by clicking right here.
The developers describe the alpha as “in pretty good shape” and say that you can play it from beginning to end. They do warn that it is not a traditional linear FPS and that your aim is simply to survive long enough to try to find a way home, rather than to get from point A to point B while riding on a corpse made of Nazi soldiers.
According to the developers, still on the to-develop list are:
- The industrial biome: a bleak new landscape based on post-industrial northern Britain
- Hunter-gatherer systems: hunt wildlife and exploit the native plants to survive.
- The poacher robot: with his traps, blunderbuss, and stealth attacks
- The gigantic landowner: a terrifyingly alien robot stalking the islands for blood
- The castle biome: the shattered remains of a medieval castle where tourists are welcome to flee in terror from the heavily armed locals.
- Character customisation and unlocks: set up your character before braving the archipelago, with new starting equipment and fresh tweeds
- The riders, the bog creature, and the scarecrow: three grim new enemies.
- Full audio pass: adding even more atmosphere to our bleak islands.
- Generation tools: more control over island generation exposed to you guys, the players.
- Multiplayer: more than one hunted on the island, but only one can escape! A free expansion for all.
Sir started life as a Kickstarter and raised more than double its asking goal.