"What is the chance that we have some amazing, unbelievable game and we’re just not talking about it for no reason? Zero."
By Tim Colwill on June 19, 2013 at 1:48 pm
Bethesda’s Pete Hines has reaffirmed the company’s decision from April last year to put a halt on Prey 2 development, saying that there’s no new information because it’s “simply not good enough”.
“What we said the last time we said anything was that it’s not up to our quality standards,” said Hines to IGN. “It’s simply not good enough. We’re not going to just proceed blindly with something that isn’t good enough. We’ve been very specific about why, and we’ve been very specific about the whats. When that gets addressed and changed or whatever, at that point we can give an update.”
Hines took the chance to comment somewhat on recent rumours that his company had been strong-arming Human Head into losing control of the game.
“Nobody’s disappointment is greater than ours,” he continued. “We spent a lot of time and money and effort trying to make this thing happen and support folks, but at the same time, you just can’t keep throwing money at it. You have to have the discipline to say, ‘it’s not good enough. It’s not hitting the quality bar’.”
“As we said in our last update, it’s not good enough. It’s not where it needs to be. When we have more info than that, we’ll let you know. What is the chance that we have some amazing, unbelievable game and we’re just not talking about it for no reason? Zero.”
“Again, when we have more info on it, we’ll be happy to talk about it. That’s what I can say for now.”