'The International' Dota 2 showdown returns for a third year.
By Erin Marcon on April 26, 2013 at 1:57 pm
It’s been a big day for Dota 2 fans, with Valve announcing a major tournament and issuing a substantial list of updates.
Technically still in beta, this MOBA fantasy sequel has already attracted a large audience. The International will take place from 6-11 August in Seattle, which also hosted last year’s competition. The roster will consist of 16 teams, with 13 to receive direct invitations and three to battle it out in qualifying events. A prize pool is yet to be announced.
Competitors will doubtlessly use the three month lead up to The International to acclimatise themselves to the range of adjustments announced today. Valve’s full patch notes follow:
- Enabled Drow and Tusk in Captain’s Mode (Tournament Version)
- Enabled Bristleback, Slark and Skywrath Mage in Captain’s Mode (Latest Version)
- Brewmaster: Fixed primal splits not always starting with the correct unit selected.
- Skywrath Mage: Fixed hitbox being too small.
- Slark: Fixed Shadow Dance giving Slark flying vision.
- Slark: Fixed Shadow Dance granting passive bonuses to Slark illusions.
- Slark: Fixed an issue causing Shadow Dance’s passive modifier to not update in the UI, despite being active.
- Slark: Fixed Dark Pact continuing while Slark is dead.
- Slark: Essence Shift counters on both Slark and enemy heroes will show the total duration ( i.e. the time that the most recent stack will expire.)
- Slark: Fixed a number of incorrect spell interactions with Dark Pact.
- Slark: Fixed a number of horizontal movement ability interactions with Pounce.
- Troll Warlord: Fixed Berserker’s Rage bonus damage not being applied as base damage.
- Tusk: Fixed Frozen Sigil not affecting magic immune units.
- All Defense 2 War Dogs are now Vintage quality.
- Dota 2 Vintage quality items can now be traded on the Steam Community Marketplace.
- Added HUD Skins to the Workshop Importer.
- Reduced CPU usage for rendering