A hardcore Tomb Raider fan and a series newcomer both share their thoughts.
Crystal Dynamics’ reboot of one of gaming’s most beloved franchises left us with a quandrary: do we review it from the point of view of the new audience it was intended for, or as the hard-core fan who has been with Lara since the start? So here at games.on.net, we decided — why not both?
While we wait for it to encode with our GONplayer, here’s an embedded version from our YouTube mirror. You can also download it in HD from our file library.
- Very impressive graphics and great PC support
- New Lara is down-to-earth and more genuine
- A clever, respectful remake
- Well-written plot and strong characters
- Entirely too many (poorly explained) quick-time events
- Only about 10-15 hours of gameplay, not much replay value
- Lara’s transition into hardened warrior isn’t so believable
Our apologies if you’ve been waiting on the review — PC code didn’t unlock before launch, so we weren’t able to get our review up until now. Thanks!