StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm is a huge beast, and that’s why we decided to pair up and take it on from all angles. In this single-player video review, we explore where Heart of the Swarm fits in the overall storyline, what Kerrigan gets up to when left to her own devices, and whether or not there’s enough of a storyline there to justify a full expansion.
If you’re after more information on the multiplayer side of things, read our massive in-depth review by our resident Grandmaster League-player, Alex.
- Still the best RTS gameplay in its class, by a long shot
- Typical Blizzard polish and attention to detail
- Huge variety of missions showcases an impressively powerful engine
- Great cinematics
- Being able to mutate and choose between breeds is excellent
- The return of some old Brood War favourites (Hell yeah, Lurkers)
- Takes literally 20 missions for the story to begin
- Dialogue is occasionally Red Alert level of cheesey
- Some missions are clearly just padding
- Feels somewhat unnecessary in the overall storyline
Product for this review supplied by Blizzard.