You'll still need to clear out your negative score with a better, positive score, though.
By Tim Colwill on December 3, 2012 at 10:37 am
IO Interactive have release patch v1.0.438.0 for Hitman: Absolution, which should download automatically through Steam. The patch fixes a number of configuration issues which prevented some users from even launching the game, as well as issues where Sniper Challenge unlocks didn’t carry over into Absolution correctly.
You can also now skip the intro movies, as well as various other tweaks — check out the full list below. Out of all of them, I think my favourite is probably “Players using the Russian language will no longer crash as soon as they use the sniper rifle.” That’s a pretty harsh bug.
- Players using the Russian language will no longer crash as soon as they use the sniper rifle.
- Various issues that have been seen on specific configurations that caused the game to not be able to start up at all have been addressed.
- Problems with the Sniper Challenge Unlocks not carrying over into Hitman: Absolution have been addressed. On first starting the patched game you will receive your unlocks.
- Problems with negative level-scores have been fixed. Newly accomplished positive scores will be needed to erase your incorrectly remembered negative scores.
- A problem with keyboard and mouse controls where users would accidentally melee attack a person next to them when they intended to throw an item has been addressed.
- Legal and Intro movies can now be skipped immediately on startup after the game, on all launches but the very first on a machine.
- DirectX 10 hardware can now enable the simplest version of the Depth Of Field effect.
- Problems with audio occasionally being muted after ALT-TAB have been fixed.
- Various localization fixes.
- Miscellaneous other stability and general improvements based on crashes we have seen coming in.