Once again, we find ourselves at “that” time of year. You can almost smell it in the air, as if the whole year has been building itself up to this point.
No silly, not Christmas. The games.on.net STEAMY SECRET SANTA of course!
The Steam Sale we all love to hate to love is just around the corner, and as is tradition, I’m taking expressions of interest to make a circle of friends and acquaintances with the single aim to help spread a little random Christmas cheer through the giving of random steam gifts.
The rules, as usual, are quite simple:
- Post your STEAM community ID linkie in this forum thread.
- I will close entries in about a week for so.
- Once closed, I will PM everyone with their random giftee.
- You then have 24 HOURS (or so) to obtain your PM, and then find them something epic.
- Elect to send the gift TO YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!
- Send the URL for your gift to me via Forum PM.
- I will then forward the gift linkie on to your giftee via Forum PM immediately.
A few quick Questions and Answers…
Q: Why limit this to Steam?
A: So you can see what games your giftee already has!
Q: How will the random draw be done?
A: Will put all the names into a hat, and my youngest daughter will then pick them out and arrange them in a circle. Easy!
Q: What the hell is a Steam community link?
A: It’s pretty easy, here’s mine for example: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wyldstein. Just make sure it’s active and visible by the public, otherwise we can’t see your wishlist!
Q: So, I need to be on their friends list?
A: Nope. You can *see* their games/wishlist via the web.
Q: Does it have to be on their wishlist?
A: Not really, although if the stars (steam special, wishlist entry and your budget) align, then go for it! At the very least, their existing games and wishlist can give you a good idea of what they like.
Q: Is there a gift limit?
A: Sure. Nothing over (puts pinky in mouth) ONE MILLION DOLLARS.
Remember, sign up to be a part of it in this forum thread. Post away, GONnites! Let’s share the gaming spirit!