Multiple positions! Pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner. Cor.
By Tim Colwill on October 10, 2012 at 2:05 pm
The ubiquitous Bell UH-1H ‘Huey’ helicopter is set to become the next star of the DCS simulation series. Appearing in a number of military games (and even in DayZ), the Huey is “the first helicopter of conventional design featured in the DCS series”. Not only that, but — as the press release continues — the “first DCS aircraft to offer multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner”. Get in.
Here’s a full list of the features that Belsimtek are planning to bring in, below the jump for your convenience.
- Unmatched flight physics providing the most realistic and dynamic helicopter experience on the PC.
- Multiple player positions, including pilot, co-pilot, and door gunner.
- Accurate and highly detailed 3D cockpit featuring six-degrees-of-freedom technology.
- Interactive cockpit controls that allow players to operate systems using the mouse.
- Accurate UH-1H external 3D model, liveries, and weapons.
- Detailed modelling of the UH-1H instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
- Developed in close cooperation with real UH-1 operators.
- Missions that include transport and combat support operations.
- Training that includes interactive and video lessons.
- Multiplayer coop mode for crew members of the same helicopter under development for a later update.
Source: Blue’s News